2009 Brock Lesnar could have beaten Prime Jones?

I thought about this and say no. 100% healthy Brock would probably have been the most dangerous men on the planet but Jones was too. Style-wise i don't think Brock would have had much chances.

I thought about it and realized we will/would never have the opportunity to see this fictitious matchup.

Would look like Brock vs Overeem...

Is that the Lesnar who beat the crap out of Herring and Mir? Or post surgery lesnar? Cause Lesnar from the 2nd Mir fight would literally ragdoll chicken leg bones.
Mir got bludgeoned. But he was actually doing well on the feet and starting to find Brock’s chin before he threw a jump knee and got taken down.

Brock from that fight was scary, it certainly beatable.

Bork gets picked apart and choked. He was an awful fighter.

He did ragdoll Randy lol. Cain was an elite wrestler

He beat Randy with a big shot & some followup shots, but in terms of wrestling, Randy actually held his own despite the big size difference. I remember thinking Brock's sheer size advantage coupled with his wrestling prowess would overwhelm Randy's wrestling, but it didn't turn out that way

Brock hated getting hit. One jab and he turtles up. I think JJ would have won.

Yeah..against guys like Overeem and Carwin. Jones has nowhere near this power in his punches. He doesn’t even wobble light heavyweights, Brock wouldn’t fear jones’ striking.

Jones by 3-2 decision after Brock wins the first two rounds but gases. Jones could also finish a tired Brock if he managed to cut him with an elbow.

Bork would fight Jones on the feet. He tries to strike with smaller opponents. He even tried to strike with Cain a little before his game plan went to shit.

Jones is much better on his feet but he lacks the power to really sting Bork. Bork has a decent chin. He doesn't deal well with getting hit but he doesn't really go out.

Brock vs Jones now would be fun. Jones would destroy him but it would be fun.

Back