26 sec video from Conor McGregor boxing sparring match

Remember this is boxing sparring and not MMA.

I don't think he'll change his style of using the left with no jab and feeling distance with his lead. Hope cowboy can attack with front kicks or fix his footwork and ring awareness because Mcg will head hunt early with his left straight, ad we all know cowboy struggles with straights.

Same ol Conor. Feeling out with the lead. Hunting for the left. He's still using that high guard. Wonder if he'll carry that over to mma. Not much head movement. That long jab seemed to be making him struggle to find a place for the left. Ultimately not enough footage to make a significant opinion off of. Still, neat to look at.

He always used the high guard for boxing; Cowboy is not known for jabs, so his best bet is leg kicks and front kicks. Mcg always feels distance first to land the left, as long as cowboy circles and fixes his cage awareness. but who knows.

if Cerrone doesn’t implement the grappling early.

God knows why on earth he never chooses that gameplan because it will work.
Love Cerrone, but if he gets KOd..im done.
Shit..at least he should use his MT

Ill never understand why MMA fighters train in boxing gloves.

The way you throw a punch is totally different along with the way you land.
Have you ever sparred with 4 ounce MMA gloves? After the first time you get hit you'd realise that it's far better for your brain, your looks and teeth to predominantly spar with 16 ounce boxing gloves that spread and soften the impact. If you're sparring three times a week, you want to be wearing boxing gloves for at least two of those.

UnnaturalGratefulAntelope-size_restricted.gif
No, it's not. My boxing improved 100% in three months when I went to a boxing gym. Although I did cop some pretty thorough beatings.

Cowboy vs Conor will be two has beens trying to hold onto former glory

Actually, rewatching the video....that isn't McGregor. I thought the build looked a bit slight for him, but you can clearly see he has no tats that would otherwise prodrude up above the singlet. That monkey king (or whatever the fuck it is) tattoo goes all the way to his neck. This guy doesn't have his forearm tat either, and I'm pretty sure this guy isn't rocking a beard.

This is either a very old video of Conor or a good troll job.

Actually, rewatching the video....that isn't McGregor. I thought the build looked a bit slight for him, but you can clearly see he has no tats that would otherwise prodrude up above the singlet. That monkey king (or whatever the fuck it is) tattoo goes all the way to his neck. This guy doesn't have his forearm tat either, and I'm pretty sure this guy isn't rocking a beard.

The way he is moving looks like Conor

You are also looking at the wrong guy. Conor is the one in black

You are also looking at the wrong guy. Conor is the one in black
My bad - good observation. He's wearing so much clothing and head gear I didn't notice. Plus, the other guy was moving like vintage McGregor more than McGregor was. He never plods like that with a super high guard. McGregor is usually always on his toes and he rarely keeps his left up. Maybe this was one of his last rounds and against a fresh opponent....hopefully that's the case.

Conor's footwork is simply impeccable
You also might go the Overeem route though and never learn how to defend yourself without the "shield" that the big gloves provide.
It worked for Overeem in MMA when he was juiced up

His muscles were like armour and shots would just bounce off him

He always used the high guard for boxing; Cowboy is not known for jabs, so his best bet is leg kicks and front kicks. Mcg always feels distance first to land the left, as long as cowboy circles and fixes his cage awareness. but who knows.
Conor's lead leg is the one Max fucked up irrc. He's been dropped from leg kicks(very briefly) against Eddie, Siver, and I think Max.

I think leg kicks and a sneaky high kicks are the key to cowboy's nearly non-existent chance at victory

Looks good to me, reflexes and such are there! I'm a Conor fan and seeing this has me more excited! The Irish are back!

And honestly I think after he starches Cowboy I really like his chances against Masvidal, but Masvidal is the realest in the game and a pretty scary match up any way you slice it but I think Conor is the smarter fighter and that's why he'll win. And then sweet revenge against Khabib.

Looks very calm and relaxed. He could probably have finished this dude if he so chose, looked pretty explosive, or about to explode.
This is an excellent assessment. Many here will nitpick the specifics, but overall his attributes are there and I think he is a very intelligent guy as showed in his rematch against Diaz and was so disciplined he spent like 300k or some shit on a training camp to ensure his cardio wouldn't fail him

My bad - good observation. He's wearing so much clothing and head gear I didn't notice. Plus, the other guy was moving like vintage McGregor more than McGregor was. He never plods like that with a super high guard. McGregor is usually always on his toes and he rarely keeps his left up. Maybe this was one of his last rounds and against a fresh opponent....hopefully that's the case.
I think thats just how he fights now.

Conor is done, what happend to him? he is boxing very flat footed and heavy he used to fleet footed and light and fluid
Did you see how slow he looked in the Mayweather fight? all that muscle ruined his bread and butter his fluid long reach striking
he is stiff and heavy now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back