2x ADCC Silver Medalist & NoGi World Champ: I CANNOT BEAT an Untrained White Belt in a BJJ Match

When it comes to the Conor/Hafthor clip, it is worth remembering that dancing around someone for 90 seconds does not translate to beating someone. If Hafthor just stood there, there is nothing Conor could really do.

Hafthor regularly lifts 400+ kgs without straps. If he grips someone Conors size, that person is not getting loose unless he lets them go.

Last edited:
Exactly what I thought when conor fans were claiming he'd beat that mountain guy up. He'd just get a hold of conor crush and break bones.

I've had rolls with faster lighter people that were very similar to the scene in Game of Thrones (but without the death, the weapons, and the skull fractures). Or the similar fight scene in Sin City.

Lightweight guy wants to do high speed open guard passes from the outside, runs in circles all over the place, disengages rapidly from any attempt that doesn't immediately pass.

Meanwhile I'm just trying to get wrist control. Because once I get wrist control, he's not fast anymore. He's mine now.

I've told people when trying to explain the kimura game that the arm is a gift. If your opponent gives a piece of their body to you that's a gift. You don't need to give it back unless there's something else want more. You keep it as long as you like. It's yours now.

guys can you give me some tips i did 6 months brake from mma and how do i get back and is it long time or not and can i get even better than before?ty

I've had rolls with faster lighter people that were very similar to the scene in Game of Thrones (but without the death, the weapons, and the skull fractures). Or the similar fight scene in Sin City.

Lightweight guy wants to do high speed open guard passes from the outside, runs in circles all over the place, disengages rapidly from any attempt that doesn't immediately pass.

Meanwhile I'm just trying to get wrist control. Because once I get wrist control, he's not fast anymore. He's mine now.

I've told people when trying to explain the kimura game that the arm is a gift. If your opponent gives a piece of their body to you that's a gift. You don't need to give it back unless there's something else want more. You keep it as long as you like. It's yours now.
I like that analogy . A lot of times , I try to match ( 47 year old brown ) the speedy young blues at my gym In he speed game to test myself . I get tired faster lol but you’re 100 right ..grabbing some shit whether it’s leg , arm , wrist or lapel slows em down immensely , especially if you got grip strength .

i always say jiu jitsu is like a lever, but it isn't magic.

your strength is greatly amplified through proper use of technique. but there are strength differences that simply cannot be overcome, especially if the stronger person also picks up some technical skills.

there's an older guy in my gym who's about 250lbs, lean muscle. i honestly believe he could grab my arm at my wrist and below my elbow and just break it in half with brute force, like you'd snap a twig. rolling with him is like wrestling an ox. half of the things you do just don't work anymore. you get good positioning on him and he just shrugs you off. wanna hold side control on this beast? good luck, the fucker can probably bench press 400lbs without breaking a sweat, pushing me off of him is child's play. technically, he's probably at a blue belt level. i'm a brown belt. he doesn't really beat my ass, but i sure as fuck don't have an easy time getting anything going against him either.

i can only imagine what rolling with hafthor would feel like, when he's 420lbs easily.

i'm a lot better than some of the monsters i've rolled with, and i've gotten the better of them most of the time... but i've also been ragdolled plenty during those rolls. we can all pretend like it doesn't matter, but physical strength is a huge factor in bjj.

I can draw a lot of parallels with my own life here. Not even a huge weight difference, I'm 190, he's 210. But my exercise is solely bjj, he is also a powerlifting competitor. He is older, so once he tires out I win, but I try my best to work my game before that point. I'm a new purple and he is white, one year for him vs my 5 and a half years.

It pisses me off at times but I also love it. My best position is mount and he just throws me off and I can't even get an armbar off it because he is so frigging strong. I have to innovate, and that's where my technical knowledge gives advantage because I can play around easier than him.

hi i wanted to post question but i couldnt cuz i am white belt yet i wanted to ask that i had 6 months breake from mma and how do i go back and is 6 months a long time or not?and can i get fast better than before?ty lot bro for help

hi i wanted to post question but i couldnt cuz i am white belt yet i wanted to ask that i had 6 months breake from mma and how do i go back and is 6 months a long time or not?and can i get fast better than before?ty lot bro for help

This is a very weird troll job.

Back