5'7 Joe Rogan thinks only 50 untrained people in the world could beat him

Another thing to think about is the potential for a man to beat Rogan in a fight. At 5'6 (maybe shorter), Rogan is in trouble here. If you had 500 random men in a stadium, a decent percentage of them could muster the physics to take Rogan out. Let's say 30 percent of them. How many could go Shaq? Probably a handful only in a perfect storm of variables. So even if somehow 50 untrained men could take Rogan out in a fight, 30 percent could still do it if the stars aligned at the very least.That's a lot of guys.

Comparatively, if you gave me 100 chances to score a basket on a 31 year old Michael Jordan, i'm going to be able to do it, no question. I've played basketball my whole life and you simply can't stop a human with some skill and experience from launching the ball near the hoop every time. That's not how you play basketball though. Catching a guy with a punch is how you win a fight though. You don't deal in absolutes for a fight which makes Rogan's comments silly to me. Especially when most people can easily reach his chin lol

Virtually everyone 6-4 and up playing in the NBA right now would kick the fucking shit out of him.

I had the honor of meeting him and shaking his little hand.
It was like a tiny thick childs hand and gripped like a Vice and he pulled back and I broke a beer bottle over his head and instinctually threw a left right but after the glass hit his head he was retreating.
I hit him with a burrito on his back after chasing him for maybe 7 or 8 blocks.

There're dozens of animals at your local zoo alone that would tear Ngannou apart. Boasting about your physical fighting ability is comically absurd. Homo sapiens is the ultimate beta nerd species on planet earth. Being one of the smartest, richest or most powerful guy means something. Being one of the best human fighters in the world is about as impressive as being one of the fastest snails in the world.

Great, now you got me envisioning Joe Rogan in a cage with a leopard and how long he'd survive.

Rogan can say whatever he wants. Throw him in gen pop at a big prison and there’s at least 50 dudes in there that would have their way with him

I still can't believe some people on this forum actually think Rogan could do it.

Some people know how to fight without a single day of training.

Just like there are people that will never learn how to throw a punch (ie Askren ) even with years of training. Fighters are born and those fighters that actually pursue a career in fighting and have extreme work ethic end up world champions. But there are thousands of people that naturally can fight that never had a chance to go to a gym or just wanted to do something else.

Just remembering my high-school days we had a kid in my school that I swear never lost a fight. Never went to any kind of gym. He now has 2 kids and is a plumber. I look at him and say if he actually went to a boxing gym he would have probably did really well lol.

would be more believable if he said in his state
there's WAY more than 50 people like Ngannou in Africa alone

It’s hard to say. I’ve rolled about 100 or so railway bums in my early teens. I’ve laid out so many by cheap shot. And have kicked or punted so many groins in.

most people are cowards even trained. Hair ears eyes nose balls. Everyone is equally vulnerable it’s how badly you want to hurt and not get hurt.

ironic how people think that a fighter who trains can't be dirty, I train Judo/Karate in school a guy tried to bite me and I crushed his balls.

a trained fighter has the advantage in everything, constant training increases his reflexes which is useful for attack first.

Some people are natural fighters no matter how much that might bother some posters. The reality is that fighting is an organic part of the human experience, and a certain part of the population can instinctively do it well. Now obviously this doesn't mean that submissions, or "proper" technique encompasses that instinct, but for the sake of the topic, it would be enough for many untrained individuals to easily take Rogan out. Rogan after all isn't and never has been a professional fighter himself.

Humans have been fighting since our existence. We've been playing tennis for like 80 years lol. It's hilarious to think that we don't have natural fighting instincts. Clearly some more than others
This post should end the thread and Rogan’s ridiculous narcissistic claims. Joe Rogan is probably the only BJJ black belt in the world who has never competed and never been filmed while rolling.

ironic how people think that a fighter who trains can't be dirty, I train Judo/Karate in school a guy tried to bite me and I crushed his balls.

a trained fighter has the advantage in everything, constant training increases his reflexes which is useful for attack first.

wellnof course. There’s guys that will kill you for your shoes or a pack of cigarettes though. This isn’t a dirty thing. It’s a I will serve 30 years to prove a point thing.

I bet you’ve never done this things as most haven’t but there’s always the wrong fella.

For a guy always giving young fighters shit for not keeping their hands up, and the benefit of being technically sound, he does just that lol. That straight right was connecting everytime.

This post should end the thread and Rogan’s ridiculous narcissistic claims. Joe Rogan is probably the only BJJ black belt in the world who has never competed and never been filmed while rolling.
There is footage of him rolling. He is very heavy pressure and no nonsense brute. He likes top and passes to side to smash then mount

I had a bit of respect for Rogan before I watched his sparring session. He can kick a heavy bag but in a real fight he looks lost.

Only 50 people in the whole world can beat him?? Lmfao there are many people (many more than 50) that naturally have insane strength and athleticism. Even without training they would easily put 50 year old Rogan out.

Not to talk about what Rugby or hockey players would do to him.

If he says that only 50 untrained +50 year olds can beat him at pure grappling, then we can maybe trust him.

But in a fight involving punches and kicks?? Loool

50 seems low

But most people have NEVER been in a fight yet alone train to fight, plus you figure 50% of Americans are obese and out of shape.

Not sure about 50, but hed whoop most untrained peoples asses for sure.

Lol, imagine that midget (he is of Floyd's size max) fighting Derrick Lewis before he trained or 300 pound linemen <36>

Even super high level midgets barey win against amateur 200 pounders, imagine Joe with that type of striking and his 5 foot 1 going up against 6'4 250 pounds with abs untrained Ngannou <36>

Logan with some limited training was handing football players their asses in sparring, I think your overestimating dudes with no training.

50 seems low

But most people have NEVER been in a fight yet alone train to fight, plus you figure 50% of Americans are obese and out of shape.

Not sure about 50, but hed whoop most untrained peoples asses for sure.

If I were to take... pretty much anyone except a good athlete and throw them into a bjj class full of white belts half their size they'd give up in half a round from exhaustion. Lol.

Back