Crime 77 year old American fatally shoots two climate change activists for blocking the road.

Wtf is wrong with you? Lol

The pushed this old degenerate over the edge? No, he's a fucking loser who murdered a few people over minor inconvenience.

Quit clutching your pearls, it's not agreeing with his actions to say an inconvenience like this pushed an obviously unstable man over the edge

Quit clutching your pearls, it's not agreeing with his actions to say an inconvenience like this pushed an obviously unstable man over the edge
I ain't clutchin' shit, his actions were about him, and this isn't this whackos first psychotic go around, guaranteed.

If you decide to go out in public and deliberately piss off complete strangers, don't be surprised at the negative energy that ends up coming back at you somehow. An eventuality like this becomes inevitable assuming such behavior is repeated often enough. It doesn't make the gentleman's actions less abhorrent, but they do become more understandable in the context of the video/article. A form of road rage, to be sure.

There are ways to protest without selfishly inconveniencing your neighbors.

You're a fucking asshole if you block roads to the point of choking off local businesses. I don't care what you're crying about. I don't agree at all how this guy pulled his gun out like that though. It's hard to hear if he was threatened first, and there's an odd edit right before the first person was shot. I'd need to see the unedited footage to confirm if it was cold blooded or if someone lunged at him. Still, the old man should be in prison for bringing it to this level. Those protestors should be jailed for a long time as well, with life altering fines as well.
Chris Hedges, an otherwise pretty astute fellow, thinks that's the best way to protest. Personally, I've been on the recieving end and those morons aren't really helping their cause if they are making my life harder and other people who need to get to and from places to make a living.

And there are often guys like this who are either just nuts or just driven to the point of being nuts.

Yankards are obviously not sending their brighest or best. Panama needs to close it's borders to these criminals and send the rest of them back to their shithole country.
and just to think, i was dreaming of going down there and meeting roberto duran at his restaurant.

That guy had been waiting to shoot someone for a long time.. guess he figured that at 77, might as well go for it!
The chances are HIGHLY likely that this is the first time he's done something violent that, if caught, would have landed his bitch ass in prison for a long time prior.

The chances are HIGHLY likely that this is the first time he's done something violent that, if caught, would have landed his bitch ass in prison for a long time prior.

Yeah that is what I mean.. he figured its now or never. There is no reason for a 77 year old man to go out looking for beef especially when it is climate activists lol.. he wanted to shoot someone.

There's an interesting tidbit in there that most people won't have noticed. Climate change advocates agree with transitioning to EVs, because that's what they've been told to think. However EVs require massive amounts of rare earth minerals, including copper. To meet the demand for EVs, essentially entire mountains will have to be excavated, and copper mining is extremely damaging to the local ecosystem -- it destroys these regions.

These particular activists in this story, the ones who got shot, are NOT climate change activists -- they're environmentalists who opposed the copper mining. I'm sure there's a certain amount of overlap between the two groups because they have similar personalities and interests, but it's not the same thing. You could absolutely be opposed to transitioning to EVs because of environmental reasons, in fact that would be a much more coherent belief system than most of the confused, brainwashed activists on the left who aren't even aware of the issue.

American lawyer Kenneth Darlington arrested in Panama after gunman filmed shooting dead two eco-protesters blocking highway (nypost.com)

An elderly American has been arrested after a gunman was caught on camera walking up to environmental protesters blocking a Panamanian highway Tuesday and blasting two of them to death.

Disturbing footage showed a man with gray hair and glasses casually approaching the blockade on the Pan-American Highway and waving his finger while arguing with the demonstrators — before pulling out a gun and opening fire.

Other footage showed people standing around bodies in the road in the Chame sector west of Panama City as well as the gunman being cuffed and led to a squad car.

Police later shared a photo of the suspect handcuffed to a pipe as he was identified as Kenneth Darlington, 77, a lawyer and professor who holds dual citizenship in the US and Panama, according to Newsroom Panama and Agence France-Presse.

One of the shot protesters died at the scene while the second was pronounced dead at a local hospital, AFP said.

The violence came during the third week of protests over a large mining contract that allows Canada-based First Quantum Minerals to operate the region’s largest pit copper mine for at least 20 more years.

The roadblocks have caused up to $80 million in daily losses to businesses and have shuttered schools nationwide for more than a week.

Panama President Laurentino Cortizo sent his condolences to the dead protesters’ families, saying that such a crime “has no place” in his nation’s supportive society.

The deadly shooting came after Panamanian media reported that a demonstrator was run over and killed last week by a foreigner attempting to drive past a roadblock.

The 19,000-mile Pan-American Highway is the world’s largest route, spanning from Alaska to Argentina with a break in the Darién Gap.

Warning - Video in below tweet graphic

What the actual fuck?

I certainly get the impulse but following through?

On first viewing, looks pretty bad, and the shooter should spend what little time he has left in a 3rd world prison. Off the top of my head, the only mitigating factor might be if someone made a direct threat on him, just prior to him shooting. The video doesn't seem to imply that, though.

Also, took long enough for the "that was the wrong thing to do; he should not have done that" argument to show up.

I would have prefered no one get hurt and I think it would be better to have some type of law enforcement remove them rather than angry citizens take it care of it, but I have little sympathy for anyone that intenionally blocks the road.
Then you can get fucked by something sharp. Two people were murdered, fucking disgusting shitwad, fuck off.

Back