Social 90 Year old woman fired from her volunteering position of 60 years at MS nonprofit for not understanding pronouns.

Yeah in general western society is moving towards a kind of tolerance for people who aren't the same as others.

Exact same reasoning was used to justify discrimination of abuse of every racial and sexual minority throughout modern times. The public request for a bit of dignity and recognition of their civil rights was met with a backlash. This isn't exactly new.

No it's not the exact same at all - because the racial and gay issues was about equality. They wanted to be treated like everyone else.

The trans issues deals with trans people IMPOSING on others - in female sports, in prisons, etc. And also giving children drugs. HUGE difference.

No it's not the exact same at all - because the racial and gay issues was about equality. They wanted to be treated like everyone else.

The trans issues deals with trans people IMPOSING on others - in female sports, in prisons, etc. And also giving children drugs. HUGE difference.

Yes. And the backlash against the civil rights movement came with similar justifications. You can't name a movement that didn't come with a backlash against it. This is just another iteration. "But this time it's different!". Not really.

I note you've given up your previous arguments about wanting to make it easy for ESL speakers, and not using pronouns because you don't use pronouns if the person is present. So there's progress of sorts.

Yes. And the backlash against the civil rights movement came with similar justifications. You can't name a movement that didn't come with a backlash against it. This is just another iteration. "But this time it's different!". Not really.

I note you've given up your previous arguments about wanting to make it easy for ESL speakers, and not using pronouns because you don't use pronouns if the person is present. So there's progress of sorts.

The civil rights movement and all the trans stuff is not comparable at all. As I just said, one is about equality. The other is about special privileges.

It's a 90yo.. I have a feeling they've been wanting to find a way to get rid of her for some time now

I mean what fucking good will a 90yo do? She needs 4 naps and moves like a sloth from desk to desk

The civil rights movement and all the trans stuff is not comparable at all. As I just said, one is about equality. The other is about special privileges.

Sure. It's different this time. The civil rights movement was widely accepted and not seen as a bunch of uppity people trying to upset the apple cart and impose their values on others, like these people are doing.

We are justified in maligning them. It was wrong last time but this time they really have gone too far.

Sure. It's different this time. The civil rights movement was widely accepted and not seen as a bunch of uppity people trying to upset the apple cart and impose their values on others, like these people are doing.

We are justified in maligning them. It was wrong last time but this time they really have gone too far.

No matter how you're trying to twist it, there will always going to be the majority of the population against allowing transwomen to compete against women in sports. Or allowing transwomen into female prisons. Or giving pre-pubescent kids drugs that permanently alters them.

No matter how you're trying to twist it, there will always going to be the majority of the population against allowing transwomen to compete against women in sports. Or allowing transwomen into female prisons. Or giving pre-pubescent kids drugs that permanently alters them.

Will there? Do societal attitudes to things not change? And you can predict them? Interesting.

Will there? Do societal attitudes to things not change? And you can predict them? Interesting.

The people in the world that were at the forefront of giving trans drugs to kids - The Scandinavian countries and the UK have all reversed course and no longer do it. Because it's not in the best interest of the kids based on medical reasons.

At the end of the day, scientific and medical reasons will win out over political ones.

Keep trying... lol

You sound like the weirdos trying to normalize the term MAP.

But it won't work, there's some societal norms that should never change.

It's embarrassing to see far left dipshits compromise women's rights while white knighting dressing wearing mentally ill men seeking attention.

You clowns opened the door to this shit

The people in the world that were at the forefront of giving trans drugs to kids - The Scandinavian countries and the UK have all reversed course and no longer do it. Because it's not in the best interest of the kids based on medical reasons.

At the end of the day, scientific and medical reasons will win out over political ones.

Question asked and avoided I suppose.

I like that your arguments have been so utterly untenable that you've stopped making them. So that's a plus.

I don't know any more about the future of social attitudes towards trans people, gender healthcare or anything related to that any more than you do.

Keep trying... lol

You sound like the weirdos trying to normalize the term MAP.

But it won't work, there's some societal norms that should never change.

It's embarrassing to see far left dipshits compromise women's rights while white knighting dressing wearing mentally ill men seeking attention.

You clowns opened the door to this shit

And here's the wild tangent I predicted much earlier in the thread.

If you go back and read it started out with @Hog-train claiming that he thought that using other people's preferred pronouns would be confusing to ESL speakers, and that's why he wouldn't do it. Obviously that's a load of bullshit and once I called him out on it, he stopped. He also claimed that using any other pronouns in people's presence was grammatically incorrect, which is just bullshit. Again when called out, thar argument stopped.

The whole conversation could have been avoided with him just saying he doesn't want to use people's pronouns, which is a perfectly reasonable position, but all I'm asking him is to be honest about it.

Then you come along and post... a random news article about a predatory who claims to be transgender?

How did we get from pronouns to this?

If we don't get a slippery slope argument here I shall be most disappointed.

"If we let gays marry each other, what's next, children marrying dogs?"

This is most certainly not true in general. Whether it holds for the situation being discussed remains to be seen. I would definitely hope so.

Question asked and avoided I suppose.

I like that your arguments have been so utterly untenable that you've stopped making them. So that's a plus.

I don't know any more about the future of social attitudes towards trans people, gender healthcare or anything related to that any more than you do.

WTF are you talking about. You're implying with your question "does society never change" that all the trans shit will be normalized and accepted eventually. Like the civil rights movement.

I'm saying it won't. As in the case of giving drugs to kids. Because it is has not shown to be MEDICALLY beneficial - as they have found in the UK and Scandinavian countries.

The UK and the Scandinavian countries were the first to offer all these gender affirming drugs to kids. They have all reversed course.

WTF are you talking about. You're implying with your question "does society never change" that all the trans shit will be normalized and accepted eventually. Like the civil rights movement.

I'm saying it won't. As in the case of giving drugs to kids. Because it is has not shown to be MEDICALLY beneficial - as hey have found in the UK and Scandinavian countries.

I'm not implying anything. I'm asking you to confirm you think social attitudes towards this won't change and trans people in general will become more accepted. You seem to think you know.

I don't. I suspect that attitudes towards trans people will shift over time much like they have with teh gays

I'm not implying anything. I'm asking you to confirm you think social attitudes towards this won't change and trans people in general will become more accepted. You seem to think you know.

I don't. I suspect that attitudes towards trans people will shift over time much like they have with teh gays

Yea I don't think societal attitudes will change in regards to some trans issues.

They'll get more societal acceptance in regards to everyday life, but not all issues they're fighting for. Because it goes against medicine and science.

1. Giving drugs to kids.
2. Transwomen competing against biologically female competitors. CLEARLY unfair.
3. Transwomen in female prisons. They've been getting women pregnant in prison.

As for the pronoun thing, they'll get he/him for transmen and she/her for transwoman, but not they/them. Because it makes no grammatical sense. Forget about ze/zir and all the other bullshit as well.

Primary reason is because there's a difference between trans people and the nonbinary bullshit. Nonbinary is some made up bullshit.

If you go back and read it started out with @Hog-train claiming that he thought that using other people's preferred pronouns would be confusing to ESL speakers, and that's why he wouldn't do it. Obviously that's a load of bullshit and once I called him out on it, he stopped. He also claimed that using any other pronouns in people's presence was grammatically incorrect, which is just bullshit. Again when called out, thar argument stopped.

Just missed this. When TF did I say pronouns would be confusing to ESL speakers? Stop making shit up.

Last edited:
And here's the wild tangent I predicted much earlier in the thread.

The whole conversation could have been avoided with him just saying he doesn't want to use people's pronouns, which is a perfectly reasonable position, but all I'm asking him is to be honest about it.

Then you come along and post... a random news article about a predatory who claims to be transgender?

How did we get from pronouns to this?

"If we let gays marry each other, what's next, children marrying dogs?"

lol... Pronouns... You're talking pronouns. The same pronouns that haven't changed in literally a couple thousand years or more.

And shit canning on old lady who dedicated her entire life to MS... over pronouns, is perfectly rational. And you're bringing up slippery slopes. lol... ok

No, its fucking stupid and complete intolerance from a radical group that demands 'respect' from everyone despite not earning it... While giving none in return. This old lady has EARNED respect... and got none. And it's embarrassing to see far lefties justify it.

Seriously, how hard would it have been to give the lady some grace and understanding. Fuck, she was likely born during WW2 or before.

These clowns can fuck right off.

And no... Not all change in the name of "Progressivism" is positive. And the pendulum is starting swing back on this nonsense. Unfortunately, the lady got caught before a logical course correction could be made.

There's very little doubt that attitudes towards trans people will change as far as being more accepting of them.

But in the light of day and with open debate, I think people's attitudes towards men in women's prisons shelters, changing rooms and sports teams and bathrooms will become more negative. I also think men pretending to be women will lose the ability to get on women's short lists or to get special funding for women over time.

Imagine arguing that the slope hasn't slipped already, when you have men suing women's spas for not shaving their balls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back