A month of very poor FN cards has honestly left me a little jaded for 300

You'd think that it'd make you desperate for something good, but I've discovered that good MMA is the type of thing that the more you have, the more you want. It's been boring fights between no-names upon boring fights between no-names. This stretch has been awful unlike anything I can remember. Tuivasa/Tybura, Rose/Ribas, Blanchfield/Fiorot, and Allen/Curtis 2 have been our main events. Bleh. It's honestly made me more sick of MMA than excited for it. And yes, I know someone's going to say "wELl tHEn DoN'T wAtCh 300". I'm obviously going to watch it. Just sharing my thoughts and wondering if anyone else can relate.
I don't relate. I do think the talent is getting so thin that many cards are becoming terrible. The PPV on June 1 in Newark is a good example. I went last year when Cejudo fought Aljo for the title. Gilbert also fought Belal on the card. I also saw Jon Jones win the title against Shogun there. Right now the main card is listed as Jailton Almeida vs Alexander Romanov. I'm not even sure if it is worth the trip to go and watch. Where we disagree is that I am psyched for the card on Saturday. I love MMA but the Apex stuff and watered-down product is apparent most weeks.

You'd think that it'd make you desperate for something good, but I've discovered that good MMA is the type of thing that the more you have, the more you want. It's been boring fights between no-names upon boring fights between no-names. This stretch has been awful unlike anything I can remember. Tuivasa/Tybura, Rose/Ribas, Blanchfield/Fiorot, and Allen/Curtis 2 have been our main events.
No names? That's the two time champion and arguable strawweight GOAT v the number 8th ranked flyweight. And no 2 vs no 3 flyweight, both undefeated in the UFC, fighting for the number one contender spot. You just don't like WMMA. If they were males you would be creaming your pants at them being at the Apex.

this is without a doubt the weakest 100 level fight card ever. even the fighters at the conference are just going through the motions. happy to leave suddenly, abruptly, amidst stupid ass questions from pandering fake ass neckbeard journalists. the disgust that was visible on their faces tells it all. the fight poster, the lack of creativity in finally having unique fight shorts, this is an org that doesn't need to try anymore, because they've already made all of their corporate deals, we are just seeing the absolute repetitive gears in motion at this point. ESPN was not the way to go. fight cards every weekend consisting of regional hoo haws who are just glad to be there, was not the way to go.

you're a fucking moron.

The HW title fight would take precedence over the LHW title fight simply by virtue of it being a higher weight class, which is why jones was not mention.

now either name the fights that would make this third on a "big card", or shut your dumb ass up
Jon Jones vs. anyone
Conor vs. anyone
Pereira vs. Adesanya 3
O’Malley vs. Topuria
Islam vs. Topuria

You'd think that it'd make you desperate for something good, but I've discovered that good MMA is the type of thing that the more you have, the more you want. It's been boring fights between no-names upon boring fights between no-names. This stretch has been awful unlike anything I can remember. Tuivasa/Tybura, Rose/Ribas, Blanchfield/Fiorot, and Allen/Curtis 2 have been our main events. Bleh. It's honestly made me more sick of MMA than excited for it. And yes, I know someone's going to say "wELl tHEn DoN'T wAtCh 300". I'm obviously going to watch it. Just sharing my thoughts and wondering if anyone else can relate.

I'm going to watch, but complain to everyone around me how jaded and uninterested I am in it.

I feel like this is a good strategy for landing a wife.

This stretch was particularly rough but they did have 298, Mexico, & 299 in a span of 4 weeks.

June should be sick as well with 302, Saudi, & 303. July as well. Then it'll be hit or miss until the final stretch run of Abu-Dhabi, MSG, Stacked FN, & Vegas to end the year.

I don’t relate, in fact I’m the opposite: I love MMA so much that I actually have an account on an MMA forum on top of watching it whenever I can.

More MMA means I get to enjoy the thing that makes me happy more often. That’s just my experience.

I also go out of my way to attend amateur MMA events whenever possible or even minor promos like LFA whenever they’re in town.

too much of anything can make you desensitized to that particular thing, but I just haven’t found that to be the case for MMA.

Sadbois going to sadboi. It also seems cool to claim you’re a casual these days here on SD, and I’m not sure how that trend got started.

It’s like people are ashamed of loving MMA.

No names? That's the two time champion and arguable strawweight GOAT v the number 8th ranked flyweight. And no 2 vs no 3 flyweight, both undefeated in the UFC, fighting for the number one contender spot. You just don't like WMMA. If they were males you would be creaming your pants at them being at the Apex.

Newsflash buddy, nobody likes WMMA.

Jon Jones vs. anyone
Conor vs. anyone
Pereira vs. Adesanya 3
O’Malley vs. Topuria
Islam vs. Topuria
How could Peiera Headline over himself?
Those other two fights are super fights.

you are a fucking moron i will say it again.

you are still Essentially saying because this card does not have Jones, conor or a champ vs champ fight, it is not that good. you are a fucking casual. and a retard. don't ever try to reply to one my of posts again.

And stay out of my DM. Clown. Lets keep the Whole conversation out in the open.

1712862882793.png

Poatan vs Hill would NEVER EVER on any card in UFC history be Anywhere lower than Co-main.

Unless you can Name a SINGLE TIME a LHW title fight has been Lower than Co-Main, Shut the hell up.

Last edited:

Ufc 300 is trash

You don't have to watch the shitty apex / wmma main event cards. I haven't watched any mma since 299.

1000010252.jpg

Well, what just don't pay for it. If you pay money for something you don't like, what do you think the outcome is?

<36>
Point flew over your head, the point is people saying those complaining should stop watching

All of you doubters of 300 will be silenced once Dana announces the surprise Co-Main 5 rounds of 2 Min of Oil bareknuckle Boxing Dana vs Tito years in the making, you heard it here first.

The level of moaning, whining, and complaining on this board is not very masculine at all champ.

you're delusional. Only a few things would ever be able to headline over the LHW title. you've got a point about the rest. but most Major big cards have a womans title fight (200, 205, 217, 248)

Right. Conor and Jon Jones are the only two fighters that would be able to headline over Pereira defending the LHW belt.

You could probably make the argument for Islam also, but that's a toss up.

These are the next 5 non PPV main events.
(according to Tapology)

Matheus Nicolau vs Alex Perez
Derrick Lewis vs Rodrigo Nacimento
Edson Barbosa vs Leon Murphy
Brad Katona vs Jesse Butler
Andrei Arlovski vs Martin Budey

I have said to people that if they would just take the main events from the weekly cards and just do one card at the end of the month you would be able to make a very solid main card but man even that looks like dog shite. lmao I was wrong.

What the shit are you serious? Where the hell is the rest of their IMMENSE roster?

It’s time for Dana to move on.

Back