International Active US Air Force member self-immolates outside Israel Embassy in Washington

I don't think this should be too hard. Just answer the question. Are there any exceptions to your logical fallacy argument of any kind?

What if a person hadn't even read up on it and then they were inspired by this man's actions and then actually read the data and changed their opinion based on that data?

What if a person had taken in the data but was emotional when forming their previous position, but this man's actions caused them to reassess it more honestly and they changed their position by taking in data more accurately and honestly?

It's just a yes or no question. Are both of those logical fallacies yes or no? because you lied and said they were multiple times before.

You have previously lied that both of these would be logical fallacies. will you stand by that absurdity?

No one needs to go back in the thread when it's summed up right here. Just clear it up for everyone. Yes or no?

@Scerpi
One of these questions is answered in the quote I quoted to you a page ago…

Both have been answered multiple times. Why would me answering it again make a difference this time?

How about this you lazy, lying pos- go find the post where I lied. Find this post where I said that if someone considered it for the first time because he drew attention to the conflict they would be committing a fallacy. I’m tired of quoting myself at you.

Both have been answered multiple times. Why would me answering it again make a difference this time?

How about this you lazy, lying pos- go find the post where I lied. Find this post where I said that if someone considered it for the first time because he drew attention to the conflict they would be committing a fallacy. I’m tired of quoting myself at you.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

lol

Every single time you defend the position that if a person changes their mind after being inspired by this man, they're committing logical fallacies you have told a lie.

I brought up the example you give here several times and you didn't admit it wouldn't be a logical fallacy. You stuck to your guns. We are now making progress finally!!! You are finally admitting you are wrong.

But why does it have to be for the first time that they look into the issue? Why can't it be for the third time or the fifth time or the 10th time??

You're argument was that it's a logical fallacy to change your mind inspired by what this guy did and behind that you argued that because you also wanted to pretend there's no way this man could have done any good at all.

Both of these positions are ridiculous and absurd, but it looks like you're finally pinned down enough to start admitting it.

And if you think I'm being unfair, why don't you just state your position clearly? Instead of pretending you want me to go sort through a bunch of posts where you already have?

Speak the truth and shame the devil!

Every single time you defend the position that if a person changes their mind after being inspired by this man, they're committing logical fallacies you have told a lie.

I brought up the example you give here several times and you didn't admit it wouldn't be a logical fallacy. You stuck to your guns. We are now making progress finally!!! You are finally admitting you are wrong.

But why does it have to be for the first time that they look into the issue? Why can't it be for the third time or the fifth time or the 10th time??

You're argument was that it's a logical fallacy to change your mind inspired by what this guy did and behind that you argued that because you also wanted to pretend there's no way this man could have done any good at all.

Both of these positions are ridiculous and absurd, but it looks like you're finally pinned down enough to start admitting it.

And if you think I'm being unfair, why don't you just state your position clearly? Instead of pretending you want me to go sort through a bunch of posts where you already have?

Speak the truth and shame the devil!
Where is the post? Shut up and provide the post

Where is the post? Shut up and provide the post

I don't think this should be too hard. Just answer the question. Are there any exceptions to your logical fallacy argument of any kind?

What if a person hadn't even read up on it and then they were inspired by this man's actions and then actually read the data and changed their opinion based on that data?

What if a person had taken in the data but was emotional when forming their previous position, but this man's actions caused them to reassess it more honestly and they changed their position by taking in data more accurately and honestly?

It's just a yes or no question. Are both of those logical fallacies yes or no? because you lied and said they were multiple times before.

You have previously lied that both of these would be logical fallacies. will you stand by that absurdity?

No one needs to go back in the thread when it's summed up right here. Just clear it up for us

He didnt immediately collapse and start screaming, theres a powerful image of him standing whilst aflame before he fell.

And he wasnt 'acting unstable' before, he voiced his valid opinions.
Attempts to discredit the validity of his act by implying he was mentally unsound rather than legitimately and validly protesting the US military involvement in this attrociously barbaric war, wont work.
He made an extreme self sacrifice and there are many who can understand and empathise with it, including and especially many US military veterans.
Are you a Vet?

Using your logic, we've also been complicit in Yemen since the spring of 2015. Do you know how many civilians there have been killed or starved to death due to US supplied ordinance and planes used by the Saudis? You can't have it both ways.
Yes, we have and its been widely discussed. Are you attempting to deny this well established fact?

It's not just weapons in the case of Israel, the US routinely vetos UN security council resolutions calling for a ceasefire. To say the US is only indirectly involved in this is a stretch. Still, Aaron Bushnell's sacrifice was for complicity in this and global genocides and wars and murders. And the US government are about as complicit you can be here.

Hardly. Theres been widespread vigils for it and its had global media attention. You dont know what the wider and longer term impact may be.
My man is still in here defending a cult church that brainwashed this mentally ill dude to commit suicide, crazy.

Yes he was mentally ill, look up his Church and its beliefs. Only mentally ill people would attend that Church.

For those curious here's some info on his church from years ago. Now carry on thinking this dude was mentally stable lol

Yes, we have and its been widely discussed. Are you attempting to deny this well established fact?

It's not just weapons in the case of Israel, the US routinely vetos UN security council resolutions calling for a ceasefire. To say the US is only indirectly involved in this is a stretch. Still, Aaron Bushnell's sacrifice was for complicity in this and global genocides and wars and murders. And the US government are about as complicit you can be here.
So what's going on in Gaza since last October was worth setting himself on fire but not what's been going on in Yemen since 2015?

<{fry}>

That's pretty funny since I literally compared @terrapin to a cult leader last week.
You got way too deep into arguing with these guys. It is beyond absurd to think that a guy that is willing to light himself on fire had any impact besides "What a loony fucked up person". They want him to be a Martyr like a suicide bomber, but no one takes those assholes seriously either. Here come your virgins fucktards.

That's pretty funny since I literally compared @terrapin to a cult leader last week.

What if a person had taken in the data but was emotional when forming their previous position, but this man's actions caused them to reassess more honestly and they changed their position by taking in data more accurately and honestly?

No one needs to go back in the thread when it's summed up right here. Just clear.

You compare me to a cult leader (which is really weird) but you seem to be one that has cognitive dissonance and can't answer simple yes or no questions.

Yes or no?

What if a person had taken in the data but was emotional when forming their previous position, but this man's actions caused them to reassess more honestly and they changed their position by taking in data more accurately and honestly?

No one needs to go back in the thread when it's summed up right here. Just clear.

You compare me to a cult leader (which is really weird) but you seem to be one that has cognitive dissonance and can't answer simple yes or no questions.

Yes or no?
Sounds like terrapin, if given the opportunity, would have advised this young man to go for it, if he believes that strongly in his cause. Maybe you’ll change someone’s mind, so follow your heart! Your passion and love inspires me…..go, light thou self on fire!

You got way too deep into arguing with these guys. It is beyond absurd to think that a guy that is willing to light himself on fire had any impact besides "What a loony fucked up person". They want him to be a Martyr like a suicide bomber, but no one takes those assholes seriously either. Here come your virgins fucktards.
Meh it was fun for a while.

Palestinian town of Jericho names street after US soldier who set himself on fire​

Aaron Bushnell, who died last month, ‘sacrificed everything’ for Palestinians, says mayor of Jericho
4032.jpg

The Palestinian town of Jericho has named a street after Aaron Bushnell, the US air force member who set himself on fire outside the Israeli embassy in Washington to protest against the war in Gaza.

The 25-year-old, who died on 25 February, “sacrificed everything” for Palestinians, said the mayor of Jericho, Abdul Karim Sidr, as the street sign was unveiled on Sunday.

“We didn’t know him, and he didn’t know us. There were no social, economic or political ties between us. What we share is a love for freedom and a desire to stand against these attacks [on Gaza],” the mayor told a small crowd gathered on the new Aaron Bushnell Road.

Bushnell livestreamed his self-immolation on the social media platform Twitch, declaring he would “no longer be complicit in genocide” and shouting “free Palestine” as he started the fire. Law enforcement officials put out the flames, but he died in hospital several hours later.

4032.jpg

Gathering in Jericho for the unveiling of the sign. Photograph: Emma Graham-Harrison/The Observer

Israel’s offensive in Gaza has killed more than 31,000 people, the majority of them women and children, according to the health ministry in the Hamas-run territory. The war was triggered by the cross border attack on 7 October when Hamas killed about 1,200 people, mostly civilians, and kidnapped 250 people.

Even as governments in Europe and the US have largely continued to back Israel’s campaign in Gaza as part of the country’s right to self-defence, Palestinians have taken heart from popular protests held from Michigan to Madrid.

In Jericho, Bushnell’s extreme act is seen as the most powerful expression of grassroots solidarity. Amani Rayan, a Jericho city council member who grew up in Gaza and moved to the occupied West Bank to study aged 19, said: “He [Bushnell] sacrificed the most precious thing, whatever your beliefs. This man gave all his privileges for the children of Gaza.”

Critics in the US have cautioned that Bushnell’s self-immolation should be treated as the desperate decision of a person living with mental illness, rather than commemorated as a political protest.

5760.jpg

Demonstrator holding a placard featuring an image of Aaron Bushnell at a protest in Washington last week. Photograph: Probal Rashid/Zuma Press Wire/Rex/Shutterstock

Rayan rejects that argument. “He was a soldier who with his last breath, despite the pain, shouted ‘free Palestine’. This means he was clear to the depths of his being about why he was doing it.”

Much of Rayan’s family is still trapped in Gaza; her uncle was killed in an airstrike on 26 November 2023 with 25 other people and in February her sister nearly died giving birth in a hospital under Israeli attack.

Rayan compared the American to the Tunisian fruit seller Mohamed Bouazizi, who was a year older than Bushnell when he took his life in the same way in 2010. His self-immolation triggered revolutions across the Middle East and many in the US, including the then president, Barack Obama, who paid tribute to him.

“[Bushnell] wanted to light a strong spark, to reignite our cause,” Rayan said.

At the time of his death, Bushnell had been thought to be making plans to transition back into civilian life in May. But he had also considered leaving the air force early to “take a stand” against what he saw as state-sponsored violence, especially US support for Israel in Gaza.

Jericho named the street just a fortnight after Bushnell’s death. “We made a quick decision so we would be first,” Sidr said. They also named a square for South Africa after its government took Israel to the international court of justice, accusing it of genocide.

“These names will focus attention of both the locals and visitors,” Sidr said, adding that they were following a precedent set after the death of the activist Rachel Corrie. A street in Ramallah was named for the American after she was crushed to death by a bulldozer in 2003 while trying to prevent the Israeli army destroying homes in Gaza.

Jericho is a historic city often seen as the gate to Palestine. The then Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) leader, Yasser Arafat, appeared on the town hall balcony when he returned from decades of exile after the Oslo accords.

One of the oldest continuously inhabited cites on Earth, the Tell es-Sultan archaeological site was listed last year as a Unesco world heritage site. It includes the remains of 29 layered cities, including a stone tower dating back 10,000 years.

Aaron Bushnell Street is in the south of the city in a popular area of villas and parks, where people go for horse-riding and go-carting. It branches off from Mahmoud Darwish Street, named after the unofficial national poet of Palestine.

Rayan said: “Here Aaron Bushnell and Mahmoud Darwish meet. Both are powerful names in the Palestinian story.” Like many in Jericho she hopes Bushnell’s family will visit. “We want to thank them for raising him and giving him that moral attitude.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...treet-after-us-airman-who-set-himself-on-fire

Palestinian town of Jericho names street after US soldier who set himself on fire​

Aaron Bushnell, who died last month, ‘sacrificed everything’ for Palestinians, says mayor of Jericho
4032.jpg

The Palestinian town of Jericho has named a street after Aaron Bushnell, the US air force member who set himself on fire outside the Israeli embassy in Washington to protest against the war in Gaza.

The 25-year-old, who died on 25 February, “sacrificed everything” for Palestinians, said the mayor of Jericho, Abdul Karim Sidr, as the street sign was unveiled on Sunday.

“We didn’t know him, and he didn’t know us. There were no social, economic or political ties between us. What we share is a love for freedom and a desire to stand against these attacks [on Gaza],” the mayor told a small crowd gathered on the new Aaron Bushnell Road.

Bushnell livestreamed his self-immolation on the social media platform Twitch, declaring he would “no longer be complicit in genocide” and shouting “free Palestine” as he started the fire. Law enforcement officials put out the flames, but he died in hospital several hours later.

4032.jpg

Gathering in Jericho for the unveiling of the sign. Photograph: Emma Graham-Harrison/The Observer

Israel’s offensive in Gaza has killed more than 31,000 people, the majority of them women and children, according to the health ministry in the Hamas-run territory. The war was triggered by the cross border attack on 7 October when Hamas killed about 1,200 people, mostly civilians, and kidnapped 250 people.

Even as governments in Europe and the US have largely continued to back Israel’s campaign in Gaza as part of the country’s right to self-defence, Palestinians have taken heart from popular protests held from Michigan to Madrid.

In Jericho, Bushnell’s extreme act is seen as the most powerful expression of grassroots solidarity. Amani Rayan, a Jericho city council member who grew up in Gaza and moved to the occupied West Bank to study aged 19, said: “He [Bushnell] sacrificed the most precious thing, whatever your beliefs. This man gave all his privileges for the children of Gaza.”

Critics in the US have cautioned that Bushnell’s self-immolation should be treated as the desperate decision of a person living with mental illness, rather than commemorated as a political protest.

5760.jpg

Demonstrator holding a placard featuring an image of Aaron Bushnell at a protest in Washington last week. Photograph: Probal Rashid/Zuma Press Wire/Rex/Shutterstock

Rayan rejects that argument. “He was a soldier who with his last breath, despite the pain, shouted ‘free Palestine’. This means he was clear to the depths of his being about why he was doing it.”

Much of Rayan’s family is still trapped in Gaza; her uncle was killed in an airstrike on 26 November 2023 with 25 other people and in February her sister nearly died giving birth in a hospital under Israeli attack.

Rayan compared the American to the Tunisian fruit seller Mohamed Bouazizi, who was a year older than Bushnell when he took his life in the same way in 2010. His self-immolation triggered revolutions across the Middle East and many in the US, including the then president, Barack Obama, who paid tribute to him.

“[Bushnell] wanted to light a strong spark, to reignite our cause,” Rayan said.

At the time of his death, Bushnell had been thought to be making plans to transition back into civilian life in May. But he had also considered leaving the air force early to “take a stand” against what he saw as state-sponsored violence, especially US support for Israel in Gaza.

Jericho named the street just a fortnight after Bushnell’s death. “We made a quick decision so we would be first,” Sidr said. They also named a square for South Africa after its government took Israel to the international court of justice, accusing it of genocide.

“These names will focus attention of both the locals and visitors,” Sidr said, adding that they were following a precedent set after the death of the activist Rachel Corrie. A street in Ramallah was named for the American after she was crushed to death by a bulldozer in 2003 while trying to prevent the Israeli army destroying homes in Gaza.

Jericho is a historic city often seen as the gate to Palestine. The then Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) leader, Yasser Arafat, appeared on the town hall balcony when he returned from decades of exile after the Oslo accords.

One of the oldest continuously inhabited cites on Earth, the Tell es-Sultan archaeological site was listed last year as a Unesco world heritage site. It includes the remains of 29 layered cities, including a stone tower dating back 10,000 years.

Aaron Bushnell Street is in the south of the city in a popular area of villas and parks, where people go for horse-riding and go-carting. It branches off from Mahmoud Darwish Street, named after the unofficial national poet of Palestine.

Rayan said: “Here Aaron Bushnell and Mahmoud Darwish meet. Both are powerful names in the Palestinian story.” Like many in Jericho she hopes Bushnell’s family will visit. “We want to thank them for raising him and giving him that moral attitude.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...treet-after-us-airman-who-set-himself-on-fire
Dude, NOBODY CARES what this guy did (accept all of us who keep insisting that nobody cares)!!!

:rustled::rustled:

Dude, NOBODY CARES what this guy did (accept all of us who keep insisting that nobody cares)!!!

:rustled::rustled:
he definitely changed the minds of those palestinian people!

and maybe he even encouraged hamas to keep fighting and for others to join.

it was definitely worth it.

Back