Adesanya is a better striker than Anderson Silva ever was

Snowblindlove

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How can people deny this?

His Kickboxing career alone and he also beat Anderson Silva

Anderson is still out there knocking people out to this day...

SlightFatherlyKillerwhale-size_restricted.gif

Izzys a better technical kickboxer, but Anderson was spectacular finisher in a way no fighter was before and probably no fight will be since. The Vitor KO, the Griffin performance, the elbow against Tony Fryklund. We'll never see his like again probably.

Nah. Adesanya is a better point fighter.

I'd pick prime Silva over Adesanya for sure.
/

Anderson did things nobody did at the time. Even tho he had his fair share of flops, dude was creative and nimble, deadly counter striking, beatiful thai clinch and very good ground game. Izzy is your average top 10-5ish glory kickboxer, which is a great level still, very crisp striking, range managment but nothing spectacular tbh, a great long limbed point fighter by the book. He's effective af, just not "must see tv"as some like to pretend. Leg kick merchant.

He was more comfortable against grapplers and mindfucking others in a dominant but almost playful way.

But looking at almost all of his opponents Adesanya would wreck them badly. He however was more comfortable striking in a mma setting. He was less worried where the fight would go. He has a BJJ blackbelt, obviously practiced a lot of different martial art. In a sense he's more of a stylebender then the stylebender.

I think Izzy's vision was being well rounded everywhere but he became a great kickboxer with good TDD over time in MMA.

I agree. Also - Anderson Silva is a better mixed martial artist than Izzy could ever be

How did Izzy’s striking career go when he got to the top at Glory?

Silva was better.

He's the most well rounded striker there's been in MMA. He blended boxing, Muay Thai, and Tae Kwon Do.

He was also more dangerous, had better timing, and a wider arsenal of weapons.

Back