Adesanya is a better striker than Anderson Silva ever was

How can people deny this?

His Kickboxing career alone and he also beat Anderson Silva
What does his kickboxing career alone prove? He fought nothing but cans and has a hugely padded record. He lost when he finally stepped up in competition. He has no real solid wins in kickboxing, he lost trying to climb the rankings and quit after Pereira knocked him out. Silva is much more diverse striker than Izzy. Silva is dangerous with every limb and every part of the body, Izzy is just a kickboxer.

Silva was better.

He's the most well rounded striker there's been in MMA. He blended boxing, Muay Thai, and Tae Kwon Do.

He was also more dangerous, had better timing, and a wider arsenal of weapons.
This. Izzy's shot selection is limited when compared to Silva. It's not even close.

What does his kickboxing career alone prove? He fought nothing but cans and has a hugely padded record. He lost when he finally stepped up in competition. He has no real solid wins in kickboxing, he lost trying to climb the rankings and quit after Pereira knocked him out. Silva is much more diverse striker than Izzy. Silva is dangerous with every limb and every part of the body, Izzy is just a kickboxer.

Huge mental gymnastics

Anderson literally lost to cans and horrible record fighters and Anderson hardly faced elite grapplers and men who could strike back with him except Hendo and Vitor.

Also Anderson LOST to Adesanya

Anderson was also beaten in Boxing by a nobody and doesnt even have close to the stand up career Adesanya has

Izzy does the basics better and his hands are crisper, but he doesn't have the creativity and unpredictable flair for brilliance that Silva had. With Izzy you know what your getting, where as Anderson was always playfully and you could always expect the unexpected.

Where exactly is he better?
Hands: Izzy has a better jab, but Anderson had a more varied arsenal and much more power.
Kicks: Anderson. Izzy has shown a tepid leg kicking game, but not much else beyond the occasional flash.
Clinch: Anderson had one of the best clinch games in the history of the sport.
TDD: It's hard to say. Izzy does a better job at staying outside, but Anderson clearly wasn't concerned with being on his back.
Distance: Fairly even. Izzy does a better job at keeping you at range, but Anderson made you want to stay there.

@Snowblindlove

Wow you really made a thread out of that bad take haha, I told you a few days ago it stank but you were dead set on it lol

I doubt you watched more than 2 Silva fights

@Snowblindlove

Wow you really made a thread out of that bad take haha, I told you a few days ago it stank but you were dead set on it lol

I doubt you watched more than 2 Silva fights

Werent you the guy saying I didnt watch mma? I have watched it since 2009.

I have seen all of Andersons past fights. His level of competition doesnt compare to Adesanyas in kickboxing and MMA

Also more importantly Anderson got outstruck by Adesanya and LOST and Anderson lost to a nobody in boxing and was beaten by cans in MMA

Definitely true as unlikable as Izzy is.

Andy was an inspiration to Izzy, he set the bar high and Izzy has raised it even more

at 44 years old he lost a 2-1 decision to Adesanya, while being very inactive and very old with 1 leg break and another serious leg injury prior. (it was also in Australia, which is very close to home turf for Adesanya with thousands of New Zealanders in the arena)

In fact I recently rewatched that fight and it was seriously close, Adesanya won because he threw a few more leg kicks, if Anderson threw a few more leg kicks that fight is a draw.
Also important to note that both of them are counter strikers and anderson lead the dance. He even put his back to the cage to call Izzy to lead for a bit while Silva was in a bad spot. And izzys like nah I’ll just do what I do and stand here and pose

Silva was better.

He's the most well rounded striker there's been in MMA. He blended boxing, Muay Thai, and Tae Kwon Do.

He was also more dangerous, had better timing, and a wider arsenal of weapons.
This

Pure striker - yeah.

MMA Striker - NO.

Anderson fought in the pocket, boxing style, a hell of a lot better than izzy does.

Lmao this. Not even close. He could barely go head to head w old washed up past prime Silva. Imagine if he fought prime Silva.

You are still making excuses for Anderson LOSING also that was arguably not even Prime Adesanya

Back