Locked AEW CXIV: Punk is still the biggest draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was clear they were heading for that match they just didn't advance the story well enough. Honestly it should've been saved for Double or Nothing. Have Roddy fight someone else then do Kyle O'Reilly vs someone like Brian Cage on the PPV pre show. KOR needs to build up wins. Then they could have Roddy and KOR team together on a Dynamite, Roddy turns and there you go.
I like how we are all much better at booking simple things than Tony is

Battle of the Belts was fucking rough last night. Felt completely like an ROH show. 2400 people in the building didn't help anything.

Crowd was dead, even for Athena. Tony needs to throw in the towel with ROH and just film it separately at Universal Studios. Its objectively hurt AEW. That Battle of the Belts felt minor league.

And beating a dead horse... WHY IS ATHENA IN ROH?

And Schiavone > Excalibur... Excalibur is too obnoxious for me. Also, JR, listen to Tony... he actually cares about his job and RESEARCHES. Schiavone is calling these goofy moves correctly now.

Solid episode of Collision. Really enjoyed Storm/AZM and BCC/Callis fam

Battle of the Belts was fucking rough last night. Felt completely like an ROH show. 2400 people in the building didn't help anything.

Crowd was dead, even for Athena. Tony needs to throw in the towel with ROH and just film it separately at Universal Studios. Its objectively hurt AEW. That Battle of the Belts felt minor league.

And Schiavone > Excalibur... Excalibur is too obnoxious for me. Also, JR, listen to Tony... he actually cares about his job and RESEARCHES. Schiavone is calling these goofy moves correctly now.

I'll go you one better. It's time to shutter RoH completely. It serves no purpose, it has no identity. It's just taking up space on AEW programming. Have a PPV to merge the belts across the board and focus on your main brand from here on out. Then you can mine the video archives for DVD releases or however they do that sort of things these days.

I'll go you one better. It's time to shutter RoH completely. It serves no purpose, it has no identity. It's just taking up space on AEW programming. Have a PPV to merge the belts across the board and focus on your main brand from here on out. Then you can mine the video archives for DVD releases or however they do that sort of things these days.

I could go with this.

The extra belts hurt the AEW belts. Specifically the ROH trios belt destroyed the AEW trios belts.

Nobody has ever "graduated" from ROH and made an impact on AEW television, because there's no separation.

It just seems like Tony bought ROH, thought it would be worth something to his AEW media rights deal and it didn't. WBD apparently doesn't want it. He apparently had an offer from CW to put it on that network before NXT went there and he said no. So now he's aimlessly using it and hoping somebody wants it. It was a bad investment. It was a tape library. The last ditch he has is it ends up on MAX.

Somebody should just tell him ROH doesn't mean dick.

I know there's a few people that specifically asked to be on ROH for a while and Athena may have been one of them.

As for Battle of the Belts, it's a waste of a show right now. They really think they can pull a random name out of a hat like a Serpentico who hasn't won on AEW in probably years and just hand him a shot and we will cheer like he has a chance.

Just saw the update. They went from 1800 to 2400 distributed overnight with the setup changing from 2000 to 2600 overnight. They opened up tickets in two sections and managed to fill those sections in a single day lol that shit had to be freebies. I remember Eric Bischoff talking about how they had to stop giving out free tickets the day of the show because WCW fans became so used to getting free tickets they just flat out quit buying them. I saw some people on Twitter this morning say they got some floor seats the day of the show for 1/3 of the original price as well. Freebies and heavy mark downs the day of the show ain't good. It's making me think I might try it next time I go to an AEW show <lmao>

Just saw the update. They went from 1800 to 2400 distributed overnight with the setup changing from 2000 to 2600 overnight. They opened up tickets in two sections and managed to fill those sections in a single day lol that shit had to be freebies. I remember Eric Bischoff talking about how they had to stop giving out free tickets the day of the show because WCW fans became so used to getting free tickets they just flat out quit buying them. I saw some people on Twitter this morning say they got some floor seats the day of the show for 1/3 of the original price as well. Freebies and heavy mark downs the day of the show ain't good. It's making me think I might try it next time I go to an AEW show <lmao>

When I went to Collision the weekend of Forbidden Door, they were doing 4 tickets for $60 in my section. I believe that is less than what we each paid for our tickets the day the show went on sale.

Actually, one of the signs I brought to the show was "I paid full price for these seats!"

When I went to Collision the weekend of Forbidden Door, they were doing 4 tickets for $60 in my section. I believe that is less than what we each paid for our tickets the day the show went on sale.

Actually, one of the signs I brought to the show was "I paid full price for these seats!"

Sucks I'm in a hot market. They actually sold a lot tickets here the two times they've been here. I paid full price both times. The 2nd show I went to a couple months back I started looking for marked down tickets as the show got nearer and there wasn't any lol

Tony Khan even "promised" us a PPV before the end of the year because of how much we showed up and were red hot and loud. Seeing that PPV schedule a couple days ago that son of a bitch lied!

Maybe when I move out east at the end of the year I'll get some of these freebies!

Sucks I'm in a hot market. They actually sold a lot tickets here the two times they've been here. I paid full price both times. The 2nd show I went to a couple months back I started looking for marked down tickets as the show got nearer and there wasn't any lol

Tony Khan even "promised" us a PPV before the end of the year because of how much we showed up and were red hot and loud. Seeing that PPV schedule a couple days ago that son of a bitch lied!

Maybe when I move out east at the end of the year I'll get some of these freebies!
I thought for sure Collision would be a hot seller because a) it was only the 2nd ever show and Punk was back and b) Forbidden Door sold super fast.

Also the biggest city in Canada, so like, who woulda thunk they'd barely sell any tickets

Watched Collision late, huge shocker Fletcher takes another pin on AEW TV, find someone to get the ROH belt off him asap.

Hopefully they actually do something with Garcia because he feels stuck in a cycle of win streak then lose eventual big match. I was like ah another Garcia reboot here and sacrificing Angelico to him, Angelico will probably get a title shot vs someone randomly on the next Battle of the Belts for his troubles lol.

AEW's graphic designer is still undefeated with the fight posters.

They must have been really feeling red and green today.

GLN_bdkXwAY6GHe

GLNhJPiXgAAmFOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back