AEW XXIV: GO2SLEEP

Who's the best Godzilla Kaiju?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think fans would be pissy if it were an MMA guy.

Tony Khan is saying it is a huge, huge star. Anything less than CM Punk or Brock Lesnar would be pretty disappointing. Kurt Angle will even be kind of a let down.

It's all relative I guess.

Barnett has fought in the UFC, Pride, in Strikeforce, and currently in Bellator, thats pretty big in the grand scheme of things. Has fought for New Japan (possibly still contracted to NJPW). If he wasnt such a steroid head then HOF in teh UFC would be a possibility (He's in Sherdogs HOF)

And he is due to fight Mox at Bloodsport 6 in April, so it could be another of these deals where Tony gives him a rub to promote his event in return for him doing some appearances.

But, everyone is talking about Brock, Angle etc, so I was thinking left field..

Has fought for New Japan (possibly still contracted to NJPW).

Barnett hasn't wrestled for New Japan since 2004 and recently when he did commentary he was contracted through AXS, not New Japan. For whatever reason AXS wanted to dub over New Japan's guys Kevin Kelly, Steve Corino, Don Callis etc. with their own guys Josh Barnett, Mauro Renallo, and Jim Ross and when they did the live events on AXS, AXS wanted their own guys, that's why we got Barnett and JR at the Cali shows instead of Kevin Kelly and Don Callis.

I don't think Barnett is well liked by New Japan. He ditched them in 2005 to follow Inoki to IGF and then there was that incident in San Francisco during the AXS show where he went into business for himself and jumped the barricade in the middle of a match cause he was mad at Jay White for throwing Juice into the barricade in front of the commentary causing Jim Ross to fall out of his seat. Barnett never worked another live AXS show for New Japan after that, New Japan made AXS bring Kevin Kelly on to work with JR for the next live AXS events.

speculation time.. my outside hunch of the new "hall of fame worthy" signing...

View attachment 837815

He's buddies with Mox, and he trained The Butcher

Its going to be someone from NJPW I just feel it. Unless theres an indie talent out there unsigned, who is a HOF caliber. Dalton Castle lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back