AEW XXXI: The Gods of Wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only accept Hangman Adam Page
R.8edb85456f3c2d6334686332eb344693

If Its not Hangman, its Punk. Anybody else will be a weak challenger. Unless you're sold on a 1 on 1 with Orange Cassidy
Okay, okay... but then Kenny still should win, and then you're beating Punk awfully early on in his home town that you just put on your biggest show ever in for his debut. And Punk winning the title so fast would be a pretty big fuck you to everyone else.

I don't know man. I just need answers! Come on Wednesday!

They can't do our boy hangman dirty like that.

Punk and Bryan can just be attractions.

But Bryan as the face to take down the elite has been there dream since they were bullet club.

But it just SHOULD be hangman and dark order.

That's a lot to do all in two weeks
Omega v Christian can happen anytime. You've got 2 Dynamites and a Rampage show to build Omega v Punk and I don't think it needs much in terms of build. Punk is gonna be white hot and trending a ton on social media after his debut, so you put him in the main event of All Out to get those big ppv numbers
Seems very rushed. And when do you advertise the Punk/Darby match? Or do you do a surprise match?
They've already strongly hinted at a Darby v Punk match for August 20th with Darby's promo this week. Either have Punk turn up on the Dynamite before Rampage to make it official or just advertise it as an open challenge for Darby. I think you go with the second option.

It's not exactly the same (because Punk is actually over), but there is at least a tinge of forcing Batista into the WM 30 main event to the idea of giving Punk the shot over Hangman. But then they pinned Hangman, so I just don't know where they are going. Will be quite interested to find out of course.

Punk v Darby at Rampage on August 20th. With that win Punk immediately jumps into the rankings at 3rd. Do Omega v Christian on Dynamite so that means Omega has taken everyone else out in the top 5 and the only contender left for All Out is Punk.

Punk should just show up at Rampage and not wrestle.

Darby should be his All Out opponent.

I'm curious to know if the IWC was like this with Stone Cold. It was a 2 year gap between the Austin 3:16 promo/3 years in WWF and him winning the world title, which included multiple losses and failed attempts to get the championship. Obviously Stone Cold was on a whole other level to what Hangman is on, but still I wonder what the reaction was like.

I'm curious to know if the IWC was like this with Stone Cold. It was a 2 year gap between the Austin 3:16 promo/3 years in WWF and him winning the world title, which included multiple losses and failed attempts to get the championship. Obviously Stone Cold was on a whole other level to what Hangman is on, but still I wonder what the reaction was like.
I remember saying he should've beat Bret

IWC largely loved Steve until he became the super duper star in 99. People like to take you to the top as much as they like to see you crumble to the bottom. The ECW fans especially thought highly of him, they would show up to WWF shows and cheer him while he was a midcard heel.

I Really Really Really hope they don't sign that fat bastard Bray Wyatt. Keep that shit off AEW bad enough we already have Marko Stunt, Luther, Joey janela

I don’t want to see Bray in AEW but I can see them signing him for the DO.
Dudes promos always rambled and he was cheeks in the ring

I mean, if AEW wants to capitalize on potential recent signings and Wyatt (somehow) has little to none of the typical compete clause..

Dark Order could turn back to villainy with Wyatt at the helm, turning on Page and the Beaver Boys. Silver and Reynolds were the main guys recruiting Page as it was.. that and Silver’s insanely over in his own right. Page needs backup and they all get on well.

could even add Archer, with Jake, and Redbeard for extra muscle.

question is how personal the super AEW geeks would take it.. “but but -1!”

hangman wraps up his affiliation with the DO while AEW fucks around with the new guys.

then it’s cowboy shit time.

All I know, is Hangman is over right now. The crowd pops every time he comes out, and the constant "Cowboy Shit" chant's. I guess that kind of begs the question, where does he go after he gets the belt? Will he keep drawing? Does he even need the belt with how over he is?

I really don't like what they are doing with Kenny's character right now. Belt collector is fine, but the constant cheating is diminishing him. I get it, heel heat, but whatever. Kenny is "the best wrestler in the game today," let him win by his skills and keep building off that.

I think you solve part of this by finding Dark Order/Hangman someone else solid to feud with. Kenny also needs to drop the belt(s) at this point though. It is getting stale having everything in the Elite besides the TV title. After he drops it, have him come back as serious Kenny, on a mission. Let the bucks keep getting this cheap heat they are getting with them being dbags. They are great at it, not an insult. After a while you can build Hangman and Kenny back into both having a redemption arc, and they either have to face each other to get a shot at who Kenny dropped it to, or you have a 3 way. If you go the 3 way route, you could play of Kenny and Hangman being reluctant to help each other.

Me personally, I'd have Kenny drop the belt to Miro. They are already billing him to be somewhat unstoppable, have him run through Kenny and build himself as the true collector having the TV title and the World title. Just my thoughts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back