Crime Ahmaud Arbery Shooting v4 (autopsy report)

The Federal Hate Crime trial has begun.

Arbery’s killers sent racist messages; one called his daughter’s Black boyfriend a slur, FBI analyst says

"One of the three White men convicted in Ahmaud Arbery’s murder did not want his daughter dating a Black man and called him the n-word in a text message, according to the FBI.

Another shared a meme that claimed “White Irish slaves were treated worse than any other race in the U.S.” The third, Travis McMichael, who fatally shot Arbery in February, 2020, wrote in a message that he loved his job because “zero n-----rs work with me.

FBI intelligence analyst Amy Vaughan testified Wednesday about investigators’ review of the defendants messages and social media.

Vaughan first focused on Travis McMichael, 36, walking the jury through conversation after conversation in which he denigrated Black people with slurs. McMichael blamed “f-----g n-----s running the show” when he struggled to get his commercial driver’s license, she said. He also seemed to text appreciatively about a blackface Halloween costume meant to resemble Trayvon Martin, the Black teenager whose killing in 2012 helped to spark the Black Lives Matter movement. Vaughan said Travis McMichael also sent a friend a video clip of a Black child on a TV segment, dubbed over with a song titled “Alabama N----r.”

Arbery’s killers sent racist messages; one called his daughter’s Black boyfriend a slur, FBI analyst says (msn.com)

lol no wonder they tried to take the plea deal. They knew once the FBI started digging around into their private life it would only get worse for them.

lol no wonder they tried to take the plea deal. They knew once the FBI started digging around into their private life it would only get worse for them.

I believe that the racial slur text was touched upon on one of the earlier versions of this thread.

I believe that the racial slur text was touched upon on one of the earlier versions of this thread.

Oh was it? I remember there was some sort of racial slur but I thought it was about Arbery specifically. Not all these other instances described here. I didn't follow this case that well though because IMO the outcome was pretty obvious.

The Federal hate crime verdict is in.

All 3 defendants convicted of hate crimes in Arbery killing

"BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) — The three men convicted of murder in Ahmaud Arbery’s fatal shooting were found guilty of federal hate crimes and other lesser charges Tuesday for violating Arbery’s civil rights and targeting him because he was Black.

In addition to the federal hate crimes, the jury also found father and son Greg and Travis McMichael and neighbor William “Roddie” Bryan guilty of attempted kidnapping, while the McMichaels were also found guilty of the use of a firearm in the commission of a crime.

The trial closed Monday with prosecutors saying 25-year-old Arbery's slaying on a residential street was motivated by “pent-up racial anger,” revealed by the defendants' electronic messages as well as by witnesses who testified to hearing them make racist tirades and insults.

“All three defendants told you loud and clear, in their own words, how they feel about African Americans,” prosecutor Tara Lyons told the jury Monday.

Defense attorneys insisted that past racist statements by their clients offered no proof they violated Arbery’s civil rights and targeted him because he’s Black. They urged the jury to set aside their emotions."

All 3 defendants convicted of hate crimes in Arbery killing (yahoo.com)

This all but guarantees that the convicts will now die behind bars due to their own actions. Thus ends another dark chapter in America's never-ending fight for justice.

Good! These hater assholes deserve to rot in a prison cell.

Where are all their apologists who littered the earlier pages of this thread?
I'd be okay with the death penalty for the shooter. I would let the victim's family choose his fate.

I'd be okay with the death penalty for the shooter. I would let the victim's family choose his fate.
I am against the death penalty, because I am against it across the board for any crime. Life in prison or life, with most of it in solitary, is worse than death. Some Civil Rights groups contend that life in solitary is torture and thus violates US and international laws against cruel and unusual punishment.

I am against the death penalty, because I am against it across the board for any crime. Life in prison or life, with most of it in solitary, is worse than death. Some Civil Rights groups contend that life in solitary is torture and thus violates US and international laws against cruel and unusual punishment.
You're probably right. These things make me so mad.

I am against the death penalty too but would support it if there were some changes to the law. First, it should be the victim's or their families's choice if the perp is put to death. Secondly, they should be the ones to do the killing, not the state. For example, there was that guy in Cleveland that held three women captive for years. Those women should have had the option to kill the guy themselves. Chain him up and give the girls baseball bats or guns, whatever they prefer. Or they could just decide to lock him up forever.

I am against the death penalty too but would support it if there were some changes to the law. First, it should be the victim's or their families's choice if the perp is put to death. Secondly, they should be the ones to do the killing, not the state. For example, there was that guy in Cleveland that held three women captive for years. Those women should have had the option to kill the guy themselves. Chain him up and give the girls baseball bats or guns, whatever they prefer. Or they could just decide to lock him up forever.

Gonna provide them therapy after?
Lots wouldnt be able to handle sentencing someone to death or doing it themselves, even though they may wish it. Its a lot for the average person to try to handle psychologically; offing someone.

Gonna provide them therapy after?
Lots wouldnt be able to handle sentencing someone to death or doing it themselves, even though they may wish it. Its a lot for the average person to try to handle psychologically; offing someone.

Kinda why state shouldn't do it IMHO. Would have to iron out the kinks it my plan, maybe the victim could be allowed to appoint a citizen volunteer? My plan is a work in progress.

Kinda why state shouldn't do it IMHO. Would have to iron out the kinks it my plan, maybe the victim could be allowed to appoint a citizen volunteer? My plan is a work in progress.

Id rather the state do it, and more often and much quicker than allowing 400 appeals and remands.

I think it’s funny that every night that roddy Bryan guy has to be replaying the advice from his lawyer over and over in his head. I mean at that point there was no video, no public outcry, no charges, local judge had their back. At worst this might have spread by word and then became an issue where the only witnesses to create a narrative were the racists who chased Ahmad down. VERY good chance they walk if not for…. Roddy Bryan’s own lawyer telling him he should release the video just to show everyone how innocent they were , lmao. Life over advice right there

I think it’s funny that every night that roddy Bryan guy has to be replaying the advice from his lawyer over and over in his head. I mean at that point there was no video, no public outcry, no charges, local judge had their back. At worst this might have spread by word and then became an issue where the only witnesses to create a narrative were the racists who chased Ahmad down. VERY good chance they walk if not for…. Roddy Bryan’s own lawyer telling him he should release the video just to show everyone how innocent they were , lmao. Life over advice right there
Has it been settled that the lawyer pushed for the release? I recall he released it to the radio station but was wondering if Roddy and the McMichaels pushed the lawyer to release it or the lawyer pushed for its release.

If it was the lawyer who pushed for the release, that is either one dumb lawyer or a lawyer with a conscience.

Has it been settled that the lawyer pushed for the release? I recall he released it to the radio station but was wondering if Roddy and the McMichaels pushed the lawyer to release it or the lawyer pushed for its release.

If it was the lawyer who pushed for the release, that is either one dumb lawyer or a lawyer with a conscience.
My bad, I thought I had heard it was roddys lawyer. I just googled it. Roddy I guess had actually sent it to a lawyer whom he never hired (I’m guessing to get his opinion on the video) and that lawyer despite having no stake in the case released it to social media and authorities for what he cited “the need for transparency”. Either way roddy fucked up

I was thinking the same thing.

My bad, I thought I had heard it was roddys lawyer. I just googled it. Roddy I guess had actually sent it to a lawyer whom he never hired (I’m guessing to get his opinion on the video) and that lawyer despite having no stake in the case released it to social media and authorities for what he cited “the need for transparency”. Either way roddy fucked up
Ouch. That sucks. Justice prevailed.

Back