Law Airport executive shot in firefight with federal agents at his home in Arkansas

Battle droids activated, I see.

giphy.gif

"Must protect the masters."

eddie-bravo-ufc.gif

<RawexDidThis1>

Why couldn’t he have a gun at work? His office is probably located before the security check.

There’s a lot we don’t know besides how the warrant was served. We don’t know what other info they had. The guy could have been a complete maniac. He was going to seedy sections of the city late at night. There could be a lot more to this guy than what we know.

I read that besides the weapons retrieved, they also retrieved bullet casings from his garage.
Was he shooting at the police from inside his garage? Was he manufacturing ammunition in his garage?
Wouldn't an airport be a "gun free zone" by default for employees? I get that people can fly with a declared weapon in checked baggage.

The warrant is pretty large, but does have some redacted sections. Seems like they'd have details about him being violent, etc. in there if that was the actual case. This seems more like a stupid guy selling guns on the side without a license to whoever has the cash.

Reloading ammo isn't illegal.

“Why didn’t they get him at the airport?”

Proof of a multi tiered justice system.

We’re rich why did they treat him like a normy?

I don't think that's the brother's way of thinking. I think it's the wholly logical conclusion that many may draw that it's safer / less risky for all parties involved to approach and detain someone outside of their home.

Ruby Ridge and Waco should have taught the Feds that by now.

Add in reports of agents carrying firearms out of the home and it seems they knew he was legally armed or knew he was illegally armed so attempting to engage him at home by surprise when he can fire from a possibly barricaded position seems dumb as f*ck.

I don't think that's the brother's way of thinking. I think it's the wholly logical conclusion that many may draw that it's safer / less risky for all parties involved to approach and detain someone outside of their home.

Ruby Ridge and Waco should have taught the Feds that by now.

Add in reports of agents carrying firearms out of the home and it seems they knew he was legally armed or knew he was illegally armed so attempting to engage him at home by surprise when he can fire from a possibly barricaded position seems dumb as f*ck.

He was being served a search warrant for his home. He wasn't being detained. Search warrants for someone's home are virtually always served at the home. Moreover, people being served a search warrant want to be at home.

Of course they knew he had guns. Lol. The guy has a gun no matter where he is. The report also noted that he was behaving erratically when they were following him.

It's certainly possible the ATF did something incorrectly or showed poor judgement but nothing has shown that to be the case yet.

He was being served a search warrant for his home. He wasn't being detained. Search warrants for someone's home are virtually always served at the home. Moreover, people being served a search warrant want to be at home.

Of course they knew he had guns. Lol. The guy has a gun no matter where he is. The report also noted that he was behaving erratically when they were following him.

It's certainly possible the ATF did something incorrectly or showed poor judgement but nothing has shown that to be the case yet.
The cops (ATF) probably were confident they would find enough to arrest him on the search. Rolling up with the warrant while he was at home could kill two birds with one stone.

The cops (ATF) probably were confident they would find enough to arrest him on the search. Rolling up with the warrant while he was at home could kill two birds with one stone.

Not necessarily. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that they were serving a search warrant for his home. One has to happen before the other.

Not necessarily. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that they were serving a search warrant for his home. One has to happen before the other.
Malinowski could have been arrested simultaneously or before the warrant. I'm sure they could have drummed something up, although it wouldn't have been as strong without what they found in his house.

If he heard the ATF were searching his house, while at large, he might run or destroy evidence or something. It seems he had access to a lot of guns, and he opened fire even when surprised in a hopeless situation. In the worst case he could have gone Rambo if given time to prepare.

You know that you don't have to have the subject inside of the home to execute a Federal search warrant right? It seems like you're saying "They had a warrant for his home, of course they HAD TO come in contact with him."

They can detain him outside of the place where he has multiple firearms and stores of ammunition then enter the house. It's not like they need his keys to unlock the door.

He lived in a state that does not forbid private sales of firearms; he was at gun shows and interacted with Federal Officers who bought three guns at gun shows from him.

They had multiple opportunities in the course of investigation and interaction to detain and / or arrest him away from his stockpile of guns and ammo. But; they didn't. They showed up in the AM unannounced and executed the warrant.

One dead and one injured. Sounds like a fail to me and fairly textbook of heavy-handed approaches to law enforcement.

Last edited:
Malinowski could have been arrested simultaneously or before the warrant. I'm sure they could have drummed something up, although it wouldn't have been as strong without what they found in his house.

If he heard the ATF were searching his house, while at large, he might run or destroy evidence or something. It seems he had access to a lot of guns, and he opened fire even when surprised in a hopeless situation. In the worst case he could have gone Rambo if given time to prepare.

They were there to serve a warrant. Indeed, you typically build a case before arresting someone.

I'm sure they would have made some form of decision based on what was happening.

Why couldn’t he have a gun at work? His office is probably located before the security check.

There’s a lot we don’t know besides how the warrant was served. We don’t know what other info they had. The guy could have been a complete maniac. He was going to seedy sections of the city late at night. There could be a lot more to this guy than what we know.

I read that besides the weapons retrieved, they also retrieved bullet casings from his garage.
Was he shooting at the police from inside his garage? Was he manufacturing ammunition in his garage?

lol...

It's hilarious to see you progressives defend Law Enforcement... especially a shit Fed outfit like the ATF that has an amazing reputation of fucking up

Yes, I'm sure the dude was complete maniac, his lengthy criminal history would seem to confirm that.

How about we save the extremely dangerous (for both sides) Pre-dawn raids for seriously violent criminals with well known histories.

Because early morning raids against average citizens have never turned ugly because homeowners were confused and thought they had a home invasion on their hands.

"A New York Times investigation found that 81 civilians and 13 law enforcement officers died in forcible-entry search warrant raids from 2010 to 2016; officers represented 10% of those who died during standard knock searches and 20% of fatalities associated with no-knock warrants."

<{cruzshake}>

You know that you don't have to have the subject inside of the home to execute a Federal search warrant right? It seems like you're saying "They had a warrant for his home, of course they HAD TO come in contact with him."

They can detain him outside of the place where he has multiple firearms and stores of ammunition then enter the house. It's not like they need his keys to unlock the door.

He lived in a state that does not forbid private sales of firearms; he was at gun shows and and interacted with Federal Officers who bought three guns at gun shows from him.

They had multiple opportunities in the course of investigation and interaction to detain and / or arrest him away from his stockpile of guns and ammo. But; they didn't. They showed up in the AM unannounced and executed the warrant.

One dead and one injured. Sounds like a fail to me and fairly textbook of heavy-handed approaches to law enforcement.

I'm glad you now realize he was being served a search warrant. It is fairly standard to serve the warrant at the home.

He lived in a state that prohibits illegal firearm sales. That is what he was doing. He had no idea they were federal agents and you typically build a case and gather evidence before arresting someone.

They showed up to serve a standard warrant. If you have evidence that they didn''t follow standard procedure then feel free to post it.

"I was speaking from what should be your POV." No shit Sherlock.

<36>

You can't even figure out what you're trying to say.

665224eb-c2a9-47c2-9c00-7f15442fe0ac_text.gif

What I said was clear to anyone not trying to twist it in an attempt to run defense for a known Epstein associate.

Your attempt at a gotcha failed and now you look stupid and suspect. Deal with it.

He had no idea they were federal agents
Presumably they knocked on the door and said 'ATF! Open up!' So he must have at least suspected that they were. I don't think we know whether he IDed them before shooting or not. Source if we do please and I've missed it. Anyway, seeing as he opened fire, a no knock would have been more appropriate.

Presumably they knocked on the door and said 'ATF! Open up!' So he must have at least suspected that they were. I don't think we know whether he IDed them before shooting or not. Source if we do please and I've missed it. Anyway, seeing as he opened fire, a no knock would have been more appropriate.

Lol. We were discussing the undercover agents purchasing firearms at a gun show. This should be obvious:

"He lived in a state that does not forbid private sales of firearms; he was at gun shows and and interacted with Federal Officers who bought three guns at gun shows from him."

He lived in a state that prohibits illegal firearm sales. That is what he was doing. He had no idea they were federal agents and you typically build a case and gather evidence before arresting someone.

I think everyone knows federal agents ID themselves when executing a search warrant, champ.

honestly...that's not a lot of guns.
over a two year span, it looks like a small time side gig at best, people buy and sell all the time, but when guns involved, you've got wandering eyes....

lol...

It's hilarious to see you progressives defend Law Enforcement... especially a shit Fed outfit like the ATF that has an amazing reputation of fucking up

Yes, I'm sure the dude was complete maniac, his lengthy criminal history would seem to confirm that.

How about we save the extremely dangerous (for both sides) Pre-dawn raids for seriously violent criminals with well known histories.

Because early morning raids against average citizens have never turned ugly because homeowners were confused and thought they had a home invasion on their hands.

"A New York Times investigation found that 81 civilians and 13 law enforcement officers died in forcible-entry search warrant raids from 2010 to 2016; officers represented 10% of those who died during standard knock searches and 20% of fatalities associated with no-knock warrants."

<{cruzshake}>

How are you sure he was a maniac?

What’s hilarious is that a person must have a criminal history to be a maniac.
That explains why no one ever says that they were surprised so and so killed people because they were always nice and friendly.

I guess Dahmer wasn’t a maniac til he got caught killing and eating humans

That cop that was a serial rapist down Texas wasn’t a maniac because he had a clean record and was a police officer.

In 2022 over double the amount of police killed serving a warrant were killed attempting to make a traffic stop.

Derp

Wouldn't an airport be a "gun free zone" by default for employees? I get that people can fly with a declared weapon in checked baggage.

The warrant is pretty large, but does have some redacted sections. Seems like they'd have details about him being violent, etc. in there if that was the actual case. This seems more like a stupid guy selling guns on the side without a license to whoever has the cash.

Reloading ammo isn't illegal.
I couldn’t say if he were allowed to carry at work or not but when has that ever stopped someone?

I wasn’t saying reloading was illegal, I am wondering why there were casings recovered from the garage? Him reloading ammo in there would be one reason.
Was that where he was when he fired shots at police, and not in bed asleep when the police arrived as some are speculating.

I'm glad you now realize he was being served a search warrant. It is fairly standard to serve the warrant at the home.

They showed up to serve a standard warrant. If you have evidence that they didn''t follow standard procedure then feel free to post it.

A warrant is issued when a judge is convinced that evidence shows probability that a crime has occurred or crime is ongoing. Said warrant is not proof of guilt or an excuse to use force against civilians. That bears repeating since militarization of LEO is commonplace.

It is "fairly standard" for competent leadership to execute warrants within parameters that provide the least probable scenario of violence and loss of life.

Standard procedure doesn't excuse poor planning, procedure, or execution of a warrant. Innocent until proven guilty is still the law of the land. If the deceased were a criminal, were erratic, violent, or unstable, the priority is still to bring him to justice alive and unharmed.

The execution of this warrant and resulting loss of life = MISSION FAILED. Same with Ruby Ridge, same with Waco.

I "have evidence" that they could have detained him outside of his home. They openly admitted that they were in contact with him in public; having conducted more than one face to face transaction in a non-residential area during undercover operation.

They don't need your permission to enter your home when a warrant has been obtained. They could have detained / arrested him as he got into or out of his car, a store, or workplace then searched the house.

What specific crime did the deceased commit? What specific Federal law did they break? I'm not saying that none were committed or broken but "He illegally sold firearms" is conjecture absent evidence that he broke Federal law such as the Arms Export Act or 18 USC 922D if he sold / shipped some specific regulated item to someone specifically named as prohibited from receiving it.

lol...

Ah yes let's try to make it about that...well, in that case, perhaps it's even more hilarious to see right-wing nut jobs all of a sudden become anti Law Enforcement ;)

The fact that he was acting erratically in public might be an indication he wasn't in a good place mentally. At the end of the day, no one knows if he was completely reasonable or unstable though. Every criminal has a first arrest.

<{cruzshake}>

Wait, you mean to tell me that serving search warrants can lead to bad situations? Criminals don't always happily abide by warrants and they don't always offer agents coffee and cookies while chatting about their families?

<JagsKiddingMe>

A warrant is issued when a judge is convinced that evidence shows probability that a crime has occurred or crime is ongoing. Said warrant is not proof of guilt or an excuse to use force against civilians. That bears repeating since militarization of LEO is commonplace.

It is "fairly standard" for competent leadership to execute warrants within parameters that provide the least probable scenario of violence and loss of life.

Standard procedure doesn't excuse poor planning, procedure, or execution of a warrant. Innocent until proven guilty is still the law of the land. If the deceased were a criminal, were erratic, violent, or unstable, the priority is still to bring him to justice alive and unharmed.

The execution of this warrant and resulting loss of life = MISSION FAILED. Same with Ruby Ridge, same with Waco.

I "have evidence" that they could have detained him outside of his home. They openly admitted that they were in contact with him in public; having conducted more than one face to face transaction in a non-residential area during undercover operation.

They don't need your permission to enter your home when a warrant has been obtained. They could have detained / arrested him as he got into or out of his car, a store, or workplace then searched the house.

What specific crime did the deceased commit? What specific Federal law did they break? I'm not saying that none were committed or broken but "He illegally sold firearms" is conjecture absent evidence that he broke Federal law such as the Arms Export Act or 18 USC 922D if he sold / shipped some specific regulated item to someone specifically named as prohibited from receiving it.

Yes, that what is a warrant is for. An arrest is not guaranteed. Where is the evidence agents initiated force? Provide it.

Once again, search warrants at a person's home are almost always served at their home. It is indeed "fairly standard." As mentioned, he was also acting erratically in public. None of this is concrete proof of anything but there is no reason to believe he should have been served the warrant anywhere else.

A "mission" can be executed according to standard procedure and not have a favorable outcome. It's unfortunate but it happens.

This is humorous:

"A warrant is issued when a judge is convinced that evidence shows probability that a crime has occurred or crime is ongoing."

What specific crime did the deceased commit? What specific Federal law did they break? I'm not saying that none were committed or broken....

Anyways, the information has been made public and is in this thread. You are more than free to read about it. Additionally, firearms he sold illegally were found in crimes being committed, which is how they got onto him in the first place.

The discussion has pretty much ran its course and until further details are released it's just speculation. I'll wait to see if something actually comes of this.

Back