Media Alex Pereira getting coached by Chuck Liddell and Glover

Good thing he already has good striking.
Both seem pretty basic in their striking and Chuck certainly has some cte sadly.

Pereiras "George Foreman defense" = hands in front of him, trying to block punches with the hands, is working good for him so far.
Takes too many right hands, but got that fixed at the end against Izzy.
Certainly works better against smaller opponents with shorter reach though.

That's a wealth of knowledge there to train with, but man I feel bad for Chuck. He looks rough and I hope he's doing ok.
I mean he truly lived like a rockstar. His life outside of fighting and training was as unhealthy as it got. Partied harder than Jon Jones and still somehow didn't get in trouble with the law. I think?

Anyways, it seemed like he had super fun and lived the life. His body is paying for it now but I don't think he regrets any of it.

Chuck must have some mad tales

Once he learns Chuck's "how to middle-age dad bod tackle another middle-age dad bod into a swimming pool" technique, his grappling will be complete. Especially if they go back to the UFC 1 idea of having the Octagan surrounded by a moat with live alligators.

imagine being in a room and getting periera's death stare combined with chuck with that look in his eye.

giphy.gif

IxLJiv.gif

i'd shit my pants

I mean he truly lived like a rockstar. His life outside of fighting and training was as unhealthy as it got. Partied harder than Jon Jones and still somehow didn't get in trouble with the law. I think?

Anyways, it seemed like he had super fun and lived the life. His body is paying for it now but I don't think he regrets any of it.

You are 100% right.

Chuck’s career ended before I became a MMA fan, but I watched most of his fights on Fight Pass years later. My favorite thing about Chuck was that during all of his post-fight interviews, he ALWAYS mentioned where he was partying that night. I buddy of mine met him at strip club too, and he said Chuck was ‘bout it.

As for controversy, I think the only thing he got in trouble for was showing up either drunk or high during a “Good Morning, America” interview. It wasn’t a good look for him, but nothing compared to your average Jon Jones/Conor McGregor weekend.

As a fighter, I didn’t care for him much, but I definitely respect the rockstar attitude he had.

Loved Chuck as a fighter and honestly don't really think I've ever heard anyone speak of him negatively outside the cage. But yeah... man, he's wearing it these days. The rent always comes due.

Good thing he already has good striking.
Both seem pretty basic in their striking and Chuck certainly has some cte sadly.

Pereiras "George Foreman defense" = hands in front of him, trying to block punches with the hands, is working good for him so far.
Takes too many right hands, but got that fixed at the end against Izzy.
Certainly works better against smaller opponents with shorter reach though.
Like anything else it's all in the timing and reading strikes. Hands up or hands down doesn't really matter. Fighters get knocked out with their hands up too if they don't fully block the strikes. Most just put their hands up to try and block most strikes. That's what most do when they are not reading strikes and just trying to block strikes in that general area (high guard). Percision strikers can cut through a high guard, so even if your hands are up you will still get clipped.

When Pereira got hit by Izzy at the end of the 1st round he didn't see the strikes coming, it was a timing and shot selection issue and Izzy set those shots up nicely. Hands up or hands down wouldn't have mattered at that moment.

imagine being in a room and getting periera's death stare combined with chuck with that look in his eye.

giphy.gif

IxLJiv.gif

i'd shit my pants
LOL these gifs are classics. Chuck shadow boxing while watching a fight live as well haha

He’s a legend in Fresno. He used to party here like crazy lol.

Loved Chuck as a fighter and honestly don't really think I've ever heard anyone speak of him negatively outside the cage. But yeah... man, he's wearing it these days. The rent always comes due.
Tito talked about him being disloyal and that was why he wasn't going to fight him, but that was a lead up to a fight that Tito did not want. A lot people on here forget what a duck Tito was at times, defending mostly against undersized fighters or fighters on short notice. Granted there were not many options for smaller fighters then, and the UFC was not rich in talent, but it was bad. I mean I love Tanner, but come on. And then there was Elvis. I really think if the Matyushenko fight wasn't on short notice with a bad weight cut, things might have been a lot different.

Maybe put this one in the OP bud? It directly shows the video

Also, it looks like Yousri Belgaroui is capable of imitating Izzy quite well, with his similar tall stature, and long rangy kickboxing game:cool:

Damn Mauritis mogged the TS.

Back