Media Alex Pereira Says He's Fighting vs Jiri Prochazka NEXT - "Giving Up" On Moving To Heavyweight

Alex says he wants to get back into the cage sooner and Ankalaev won’t be ready by then. He’s not ducking anyone.
That's some high level ducking.. - I want to fight again soon but bring me another striker that I already KOed lol.. But he's a warrior and wants to fight often lol

Too soon for a rematch, especially when there are other contenders waiting

All these quick rematches are stalling the division and holding back contenders. I remember when rematches were rare in the UFC, and actually got fans excited because there were compelling storyline and buildup behind them
Outside of Ankalev who is there at the top? Seems Ankalev doesnt want to fight until the fall for some reason, so if Alex wants it sooner and Jiri is game why not?

This is a shame, Pereira has a terminator frame for heavyweight. El Poatan shouldn't listen to the UFC and fight in heavyweight

I think Jiri fight was stopped a little early but I think Ank should be next. Now if he's hurt, cant get a visa, not accepting or something then ok you move on to Jiri but I'd rather see Alex/Magomed first.

Are we in for Jiri vs Alex 2?

It's the right fight, I've been asking for this one.

Got a bit of pushback from people saying it should be Ankalaev, and a few saying it should be Ankalaev in Abu Dhabi (LOL), but this is the right fight next.

Let Ankalaev actually put in a performance as exciting as Jiri's last bout, and he's a shoe-in.

The ugly, boring, Ankalaev thinks "he" can dictate terms to the crowd-pleasing Champ-Champion ... and so ruined his own chances.

No one to blame but himself.

No need for the 'ugly', but the rest I agree with.

Also probably a smart-arse plan from Ali.

It was never gonna happen.

Alex vs Jiri 2
Izzy vs DDP
Shavkat vs JDM
Hooker vs Moicano
KKF vs Kape

Does Perth have the 50K seat stadium or is that a different city?

EDIT: This reminds me of the report that Gane was offered the Aspinall fight over Blaydes. I'd rather see Ank & Blaydes get the next title shots, but from an entertainment standpoint I think Gane, & to a lesser extent Jiri, make for better fights. Although I don't think Ankalaev is that boring & doesn't wrestle nearly as much as his fellow Dagestanis. He has solid hands & could knockout Alex.

Last edited:
Anyone want to lay out an argument as to why Ankalaev even deserves a title shot? Something other than he's a grappler, when he's really just a striker with low IQ.

Fun fact, Ankalaev has 0 submission wins in his entire career and has 10 KO victories.

Last edited:
Anyone want to lay out an argument as to why Ankalaev even deserves a title shot? Something other than he's a grappler, when he's really just a striker with low IQ.

Fun fact, Ankalaev has 0 submission wins in his entire career and has 10 KO victories.
He has only lost his UFC debut. he's got like 10 wins after that. There's literally no reason whatsoever to deny him. His style has nothing to do w it.

He has only lost his UFC debut. he's got like 10 wins after that. There's literally no reason whatsoever to deny him. His style has nothing to do w it.
Wins over who? Walker, Smith, old Santos? Good wins I suppose but nothing that screams title shot worthy. Rakic is a bigger win than anything Ankalaev has ever done.

Ankealev is far less impressive than Jiri against lesser competition and also is based like Jiri, Ankalaev says he wants to fight Poatan in Dubai, Alex doesn't want to wait that long.
Actually Ankalaev is way more solid. Jiri is just an anime protagonist that gets stronger the more his opponent beats him up

Back