Media Alex Pereira Says He's Fighting vs Jiri Prochazka NEXT - "Giving Up" On Moving To Heavyweight

Jiri had an entertaining win at 300 along with Alex. Both are promotable now as much as anyone at LHW. Style wise tough rematch for Jiri.

On "shoulds", he should have a DQ loss in his first fight against Johnny Walker.

Ankalaev is being a diva wanting to fight in UAE. Trying to dictate where and when a title fight should take place while just being the challenger lol

Let him wait and let the Champ be active.
Soon to be 13 fight win streak tbh ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong; but isn't Ankalaev pushing for a late 2024 date in the UAE?

Maybe the champ wants a quicker turn around in friendlier territory.
I have no idea and I agree Ankalaev is in no position to dictate the terms of their fight.
I'm just saying he has more than earned the title shot.

I have no idea and I agree Ankalaev is in no position to dictate the terms of their fight.
I'm just saying he has more than earned the title shot.
I just googled "ankalaev wants fight in" and per the articles, he has challenged the champion Alex of course) to fight in Abu Dhabi on October 26th of this year.

Pereira (again, the champion of the division) has stated that he has no interest in waiting that long to defend his own belt.

All that said, yeah he has done enough to earn a title shot.
For some odd reason he seems set on waiting and for an even stranger reason believing that he has the ability to dictate the terms (although with all the middle eastern money coming in he might be right.)

Side note: The emphasis was meant to point out the strangeness of Ankalaev's challenge; not to be a dick toward you.

Funny thing is that Alex appears to want to move up to HW (gotta love the zero F--s about fighting bigger dudes.)
While a title fight would be huge for anyone, it'd be a lot less huger if Pereira's gone and someone else is standing across the cage.

Of course there is the fact that the Sheikhs (or whoever, I don't remember) are most likely willing to throw ungody amounts of money at Ankalaev if he becomes the champ.

Ank isn’t anywhere near a title shot, not sure why people keep bringing his name up.

I just googled "ankalaev wants fight in" and per the articles, he has challenged the champion Alex of course) to fight in Abu Dhabi on October 26th of this year.

Pereira (again, the champion of the division) has stated that he has no interest in waiting that long to defend his own belt.

All that said, yeah he has done enough to earn a title shot.
For some odd reason he seems set on waiting and for an even stranger reason believing that he has the ability to dictate the terms (although with all the middle eastern money coming in he might be right.)

Side note: The emphasis was meant to point out the strangeness of Ankalaev's challenge; not to be a dick toward you.

Funny thing is that Alex appears to want to move up to HW (gotta love the zero F--s about fighting bigger dudes.)
While a title fight would be huge for anyone, it'd be a lot less huger if Pereira's gone and someone else is standing across the cage.

Of course there is the fact that the Sheikhs (or whoever, I don't remember) are most likely willing to throw ungody amounts of money at Ankalaev if he becomes the champ.
I didn't realize the October Abu Dhabi card is a pay per view. I can see the UFC wanting to make this fight there even if Perrira says he doesn't want to wait. All the other PPVs up until then have planned headliners already if I'm not mistaken except for the September card which I think is gonna be the Noche UFC one at the sphere which I am assuming is gonna be Shevchecko vs Grasso 2. And if their waiting till September might as well just wait an extra month until October. (302 June - Porrier/Islam, 303 June Connor/Chandler, 304 July Aspinal/Blades/Gane/Jones? Belal/Leon, 305 Australia Adesanya/Dricus)

I didn't realize the October Abu Dhabi card is a pay per view. I can see the UFC wanting to make this fight there even if Perrira says he doesn't want to wait. All the other PPVs up until then have planned headliners already if I'm not mistaken except for the September card which I think is gonna be the Noche UFC one at the sphere which I am assuming is gonna be Shevchecko vs Grasso 2. And if their waiting till September might as well just wait an extra month until October. (302 June - Porrier/Islam, 303 June Connor/Chandler, 304 July Aspinal/Blades/Gane/Jones? Belal/Leon, 305 Australia Adesanya/Dricus)

Yeah, but the UFC's gonna look bad if they're forcing healthy champions to wait.

Imagine a Cowboy Cerrone who didn't choke in big fights; or an in his UFC career Khamzat who actually fought the best of the best.

That dude could very easily be a Khabib level megastar.

Yeah, but the UFC's gonna look bad if they're forcing healthy champions to wait.

Imagine a Cowboy Cerrone who didn't choke in big fights; or an in his UFC career Khamzat who actually fought the best of the best.

That dude could very easily be a Khabib level megastar.
Hmmm yea I duno. UFC might wanna keep those Abu Dhabi oil money arabs happy and they might wanna see this fight there. At the same time I think the UFC might rather have Perrira or even Jiri champion instead of Ankalaev who has had some boring fights and isn't the most marketable guy outside of the Muslim world. Also IIRC Ankalaev snapped after his draw with Jan Blackowizc in Vegas and said he's never fight their again which might have something to do with this.

My only issues is I thought Pereira had a broken toe, why does he want to rush out again for a rematch?

Hmmm yea I duno. UFC might wanna keep those Abu Dhabi oil money arabs happy and they might wanna see this fight there. At the same time I think the UFC might rather have Perrira or even Jiri champion instead of Ankalaev who has had some boring fights and isn't the most marketable guy outside of the Muslim world. Also IIRC Ankalaev snapped after his draw with Jan Blackowizc in Vegas and said he's never fight their again which might have something to do with this.
Yeah Ank wants the home advantage because he thinks he will get robbed again

Ank is on a 10 fight win streak that should be 12 fights actually
You're right, that should have been a W over Walker. He got robbed!

Also you are such a fraud with that Jiri AV and arguing AGAINST him getting a title shot <DisgustingHHH>

Dana's getting old and gotta be looking to cement a financial legacy for the next generation.
WME spent a ton acquiring the UFC
The Sheikhs have a F-ton of money to throw around

This might be the confluence (if I'm using the term right) that forces Alex to wait until October.

You're right, that should have been a W over Walker. He got robbed!

Also you are such a fraud with that Jiri AV and arguing AGAINST him getting a title shot <DisgustingHHH>
It's weird isn't it? It's almost like you can be a fan of both fighters at the same time!

I'm so fucking sad Rakic lost, he would've been fighting for the belt now :(

Back