Alex was winning the round before the KO

Pereira should've coasted instead of force a finish, knowing he was 2-0 and would win a decision.

Low fight IQ move to get reckless for a finish in a fight he was comfortably winning on points, no wonder his team were so mad at him after.

alex literally was about to win the fight. he was so stupid and too eager to try to finish him... if he had just softened him up some more he woulda opened up. Literally 0 fight IQ. Too bad you can't teach that.... if even an ounce of Glover's fight IQ rubbed off onto Alex or Chuck Lidell... I don't think they would get KO'd like that.

This reminded me of Manhoef vs Lawler. One guy just chewing the other guy up and slowly breaking him down only to get countered in the pocket with his hands down. And it was the same kind of punch a looping right hand to the temple that didn't even look that hard.

Pereira should've coasted instead of force a finish, knowing he was 2-0 and would win a decision.

Low fight IQ move to get reckless for a finish in a fight he was comfortably winning on points, no wonder his team were so mad at him after.
He would have gotten a 3rd or 4th round stoppage if the fight kept going the way it was.

OP ‘slow and sluggish’ lol cmon

was an incredibly close high quality standup battle. Think Izzy COULD have got the 1st, Pereira was winning the 2nd

I thought that the fight was very close. I was also pleasantly surprised by Adesanya, who had no intention to wrestle or to play it safe from the outside like he did in the first fight. He had the kill or be killed approach more or less and it worked for him.

When Izzy's leg buckled sure, but prior to that Israel was having a lot of success too. It's not like Alex was dominating by any means, and, given the way a lot on here talked about their previous meeting, whatever success Pereira had means jackshit since he got slept.

Perreira is now moving to 205 so he wasn't even going to keep the belt if he won.. I think maybe he got a "losers bonus"

alex literally was about to win the fight. he was so stupid and too eager to try to finish him... if he had just softened him up some more he woulda opened up. Literally 0 fight IQ. Too bad you can't teach that.... if even an ounce of Glover's fight IQ rubbed off onto Alex or Chuck Lidell... I don't think they would get KO'd like that.

Lol what????? did you miss the Glover JIRI Fight?

Back