Alex's KO punch took 330ms (1/3 of a second)

Poatan Power

Matt Serra & Sean Sherk's 5'9" Nephew
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, I slowed down a recording of Alex's punch and framed it to the 1s surrounding the KO. I reduced it to 0.25x speed so we could see, which made it 1.35 seconds long. The original clip of the punch, in normal speed, is 0.33 seconds, or 330ms. 1/3 of a fucking second.

If you play it looped (right click the video and click "loop") you can see the exact moment Alex goes from touching gloves with Hill to moving rearward.

330ms is all it fucking takes for Alex to flatline you. This is so much more impressive and high level than a 265 lb fighter windmill punching you into oblivion.

Last edited:
That's cool, but with like one minute more effort, that video could have come across a lot cooler.

That's cool, but with like one minute more effort, that video could have come across a lot cooler.

tell me how, I'm not savvy at this

also, didn't even notice Alex slipping that straight left at the same time lol

tell me how, I'm not savvy at this

also, didn't even notice Alex slipping that straight left at the same time lol
Well at least include the knockdown, and maybe replace the choppy glitchy audio with something more pleasing to the ear.

A smooth edit with the slowed down bit, with some outside audio of your choosing, that switches to real time with the follow up and finish, would be my suggestion.

Sorry if I came across douchey. No disrespect intended.

Well at least include the knockdown, and maybe replace the choppy glitchy audio with something more pleasing to the ear.

A smooth edit with the slowed down bit, with some outside audio of your choosing, that switches to real time with the follow up and finish, would be my suggestion.

Sorry if I came across douchey. No disrespect intended.

Oh none taken. I purposefully left the knockdown out one because the forums are full of those gifs, but specifically to capture JUST the punch from the moment it started to the moment of impact.

I was so excited to share the 330ms I didn't take much time to do much else <GinJuice>

Moreso I think it shows again the power of great timing.

The timing is wild. He did this while slipping a straight left TO THE OUTSIDE. Hill's left hand is literally over the top of Alex's left trap at the point of impact.

Hearing Alex say "Yeah I just figured out the timing/distance and didn't want to have to reset" in regards to shooing away Herb (I'm paraphrasing) was very telling.

Back