Media Alistair Overeem looking huge ahead of his trilogy fight with Badr Hari

Horsemeat?

• Total voters
Yes but he moved to the ufc mid tournament and screwed himself over.
IDK, Lorenzo gave him one of the best contracts that the UFC gave out at the time. If he didn't go, DC would never have won the tourney (he was Overreem's replacement).

Eh, it's kickboxing. I don't think anyone really cares about doping in kickboxing. Let him eat horses.

To me, this is part of the more interesting question: where does Overeem sit on greatest MMA HWs of all time? In my opinion, he's definitely somewhere in the top 10, and I could see an argument for him being in the top 5. Excellent W/L ratio, quality of opposition, and finishing %. However, you could say that he had a habit of falling apart in big moments, and he didn't do himself any favors with his PED suspension in 2012.
I’m a big Overeem fan, but I can’t put him in the top 5. Bottom of the top 10 though I’d say. My top 5 are
  1. Fedor
  2. Stipe
  3. Nog
  4. JDS
  5. Werdum

Reactions: G10
Reactions: G10
Collision 4 is going to be in the Netherlands, I thought they were getting serious about dopping tests there.

Collision 4 is going to be in the Netherlands, I thought they were getting serious about dopping tests there.
Ya this seems pretty risky. Hopefully both fighters properly cycle off. Gonna be juice city for that fight, as it should be.

Luis Tavares popped for someting after the last Glory Rivals event.
He looked fucking jacked leading up to that fight, I wasn’t surprised.
So if Alistair is on something he has to be careful, because Glory does drugtesting

www.telegraaf.nl/sport/596426246/glory-vechter-luis-tavares-positief-getest-op-verboden-middel
I don't think it's Glory that's doing the drug testing, maybe I'm wrong. I doubt they are testing in other countries that aren't requiring it.

If it's an event in The Netherlands fighters will be tested though, which why I was surprised they are putting this event on there with two juice heads. Obviously the best place to have that fight outside of the testing and potential punishment issues though.

I don't think it's Glory that's doing the drug testing, maybe I'm wrong. I doubt they are testing in other countries that aren't requiring it.

If it's an event in The Netherlands fighters will be tested though, which why I was surprised they are putting this event on there with two juice heads. Obviously the best place to have that fight outside of the testing and potential punishment issues though.
This is from Glory’s official site:

1.2.16. Stimulants and doping

The use of stimulants before or during matches is forbidden. Fighters are, if desired, obliged to take part in a doping test. Stimulants and doping include, among other things, cerebral stimulants, amphetamines and anabolic steroids.

I know that, like you said, Glory isn’t doing the testing themselves. Another certified organization is doing that for Glory

This is from Glory’s official site:

1.2.16. Stimulants and doping

The use of stimulants before or during matches is forbidden. Fighters are, if desired, obliged to take part in a doping test. Stimulants and doping include, among other things, cerebral stimulants, amphetamines and anabolic steroids.

I know that, like you said, Glory isn’t doing the testing themselves. Another certified organization is doing that for Glory
"if desired" is a pretty substantial distinction in that rule. I don't think Glory desires it, they have their hand forced. Then when failed they typically hide the results for months to a year.

To be honest, I wish Glory was in full on K-1 Juice mode. Doesn't bother me. They aren't though, but I wouldn't credit them for it. They seem to fight testing/punishments at every corner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back