All Time GOAT poll

Another make believe thread.

The MMA GOAT can only be a HW champ.

This is not boxing. Boxing takes more skill so it makes sense to compare skills between weight classes.

This is fighting fighting.

The GOAT is 100% Fedor. And after Fedor it's not GSP or Anderson, it's someone like Big Nog, or Werdum or Cain.

GSP is the WW GOAT without a question. MM is the flyweight GOAT, Aldo is the FW GOAT, LW, MW and LHW are up for grabs, although DC is probably the LHW GOAT, and a strong contender at HW too.

Anderson and Jones just the GOAT cheaters, and that's not a cute nickname, they are the actual GOAT cheaters. Anderson is only second to Jones, and Jones is second to none.
You said the GOAT must be a HW but then say DC is GOAT LHW and possibly HW. So any LHW is a HW since 206 is HW. size isn't everything and at a certain point there are diminishing returns. Fedor KO'd HMC easily despite the size because he was powerful enough and fast enough. Fedor himself realistically is a LHW who simply never cut weight.

You said the GOAT must be a HW but then say DC is GOAT LHW and possibly HW. So any LHW is a HW since 206 is HW. size isn't everything and at a certain point there are diminishing returns. Fedor KO'd HMC easily despite the size because he was powerful enough and fast enough. Fedor himself realistically is a LHW who simply never cut weight.

Fedor armbarred hmc you dummy

For everyone picking GSP you can have him and I'm sure you are also Lebron James fans. You can have both of your goats and please take Lebron up to Canada with you! GSP and Lebron are not in my top 10! The GOAT debate in boxing has gone on forever and there was never a scared to engage fighter that would win by decision. So I pass on GSP and you can have him! Congratulations! He was physically bigger and stronger than every opponent that I can think of accept Hendricks. Everyone knows that Hendricks whooped GSP no matter how much ya'll have convinced yourself that GSP won. So GSP who quit in both of his losses only fought 1 guy his size and he lost to him. He lost so bad he retired!!!!

Fedor has been my all time favorite but I have to say GSP is the goat!

Anderson will never get the credit he deserves since he fought in a so called "weak division" for majority of his career but the guy has has wins in 3 weight classes, champion for 2 of them , holds many records still in UFC and in MMA in general.

Anderson is underrated imo, he should have more votes.

Anderson will never get the credit he deserves since he fought in a so called "weak division" for majority of his career but the guy has has wins in 3 weight classes, champion for 2 of them , holds many records still in UFC and in MMA in general.

Anderson is underrated imo, he should have more votes.

Dont make mistake, the discredit around the alleged "weak division" is the narrative of a bunch of fanboys on these boards
It is no accident that you read a dozen of Location: Canada for a single Brazilian you get in the comments section on this thread. That's how legit the poll is. Make it in forumvaletudo .pt and you will get other restuls

Let's see the criteria of the pundits in this very same site, Sherdog.com, the so called "global authority in mixed martial arts", during GSP championship years.

Sherdog p4p rankings
2012 - Silva #1
https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogcoms-PoundforPound-Top-10-45047

2011 - Silva #1
https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogcoms-PoundforPound-Top-10-36383

2010 - Silva #1
https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogcoms-PoundforPound-Top-10-23166

2009 - Silva #1
https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogcoms-PoundforPound-Top-10-17145

2008 - Silva #1
https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/GSP-Moves-Up-P4P-List-But-Not-to-Top-12459

In 2007, #1 was Fedor Emelianenko. GSP got stopped by Serra that year.

It is what it is. Sugar Ray is regarded as the greatest ever and certainly of his era, by boxing pundits even if record doesnt look so good on paper, those who know, know about Silva's status above GSP.

All the all time greats in MMA won belts in multiple weight classes except for Habib (excluding HW’s and aldo lol)

Why does he get a pass for not moving up when we seen his literal contemporaries do it? (Mcgregor,Izzy).

LHW Jones never moved up, people think he is the GOAT despite USADA.

FW Aldo even moved down and got dominated by BW Petr Yan there as well after getting dominated by Volkanovski, Holloway and Conor, people think he is the GOAT.

There is a reason he created 165 lbs division for Eagle FC, between 155 lbs and 170 lbs the difference is getting bigger than the difference between 145 lbs and 155 lbs.

Last edited:
Jones never moved up, and don't tell me beating Bisping makes anybody goat, brainwashed low IQ MMA fans look at trophy toys belts, not the opponent you beat for them thus GSP beating Bisping was a GOAT making accomplishment and KG beating Bisping in Much better fashion just a few days later means nothing because there was no toy belt on the line, both KG and GSP are former WW fighters btw

Last edited:
What does moving up have to do with being a goat?

Khabib quit in his prime and beat zero wrestlers, that's why he's not a goat.

Jones never moved up, people think he is the GOAT.

FW Aldo even moved down and got dominated by BW Petr Yan, people think he is the GOAT.

There is a reason he created 165 lbs division for Eagle FC, between 155 lbs and 170 lbs the difference is getting bigger than the difference between 145 lbs and 155 lbs.

bullshit, Jones is in the process of moving up as we speak.

aldo is an interesting point but I’ll save that for another thread

Jones never moved up.

GSP only moved up when he saw a champion he was confident he could beat.

Mighty Mouse moved down and didn't want to fight the champion in the weight class above him when he was offered it.

Last edited:
Since when is moving up a necessary condition for goat ?

Jones and Anderson never moved up.

GSP only moved up when he saw a champion he was confident he could beat.

Mighty Mouse moved down and didn't want to fight the champion in the weight class above him when he was offered it.

anderson Silva fought in 3 different weight classes professionally in his career.

Back