All Time GOAT poll

View attachment 1032166

The opinion of a lowlife fan of a lowlife fighter means zero to me.

I personally don’t think there is a male GOAT. And I have not voted in the sticky poll. But I sure as fuck know proven cheaters aren’t even in the conversation.

I have no idea why you called me a "lowlife" fan but if you want to resort to name calling, I think "nolife" is appropriate for someone with 20000 posts.

You think that people that remember Jones won't remember Anderson or GSP?

<Huh2>

Maybe GSP won't be talked about so much because he was more on the safe side, but Anderson's fight were the shit.
He was toying with people, his run, even with worst names and less defenses, was legendary.

<BC1>

Jones the clear goat ….. Other candidates are Gsp and Anderson…..they both on the juice as well …..look at the list of steroids guys GSP beat ..,,.you really so naive you think the “ clean “ guy is running over the steroid chests ? Get with reality

Do you know any boxers from 100 years ago?
Dempsey, Braddock, and Tunney comes to mind, then there were people like James J. Jeffries, Jim Corbett, and Jack Johnson, but I teach sports culture and history...

Dempsey, Braddock, and Tunney comes to mind, then there were people like James J. Jeffries, Jim Corbett, and Jack Johnson, but I teach sports culture and history...
Braddock had a movie made about him. Jones aint gonna get no movie

I partly agree that GOAT debates are silly. If mma is around 100 years from now, no one from this era will truly be in the debate. Fighters from this era will be considered more as pioneers with relatively unrefined skill sets.

But people will absolutely remember guys like Jones, Anderson, GSP, Volk, etc., because there's so much great footage of them. Many athletes of the past are lost to the sands of time because we don't have a ton of footage of their accomplishments; but those days are over.

I doubt i'll read a shittier thread today on Sherdog.

No one will remember the human fighters when they develop state of the art, cutting edge cybernetic organism fighters with records like 1000 - 0. Open weight tournaments. 10 fights a night. Middle school? Ha! There will be ready to kill right out of the factory.

Was hoping this was about GOAT threads, not threads about the GOAT :(

Yes. That’s my realization . I got so many homes

no I’m in camp c. Reality. And that’s the only way to view it.

Learn how steroids work.
They ain’t why he won. He won because everyone else was little and old and he was trained how to to beat em
Steroids enhance performances. Hence the name PEDs. 'He didnt need steroids' is a very illogical argument because apart from it being obviously wrong (we have seen his clean performances) it does not matter because he DID use them.

People still talk about Harry Greb, Gene Tunney and Jack Dempsey. Guys who boxed in like the 1920s.

In casual conversation? I've only seen boxing heads talk reference them. I've never seen them on top 10 lists either.

Jon's the best to ever do it. Hard to argue against that.

-If steroid usage makes you ineligible, anyone who had a professional fight prior to drug testing also isn't eligible.
-If having at least 50% of the MMA community disagree that you are the GOAT makes you ineligible, then there logically cannot be a GOAT at all then.

Those who say Jon isn't the GOAT simply don't like him as a person, have a favorite fighter in GOAT contention, are fans of fat boy DC's crying/towel-leaning ass, etc...Jon has done some incredibly stupid shit. And he's the GOAT. Both can be true and I hate that for those who have made it their personality to pretend otherwise. Cheers

Pretty dumb starting post.

Watching newer fans who didn't follow or don't know shit about the older eras act like they don't count is so lame. Especially when the same tired ass shit has been presented over and over again like it is some groundbreaking concept.

But I guess in an era where people think a picture of their fucking waffles is worth sharing with the entire world I shouldn't be surprised when their exceptionally stupid unoriginal thoughts are also shared as though they are worth anything.

What are the odds that the all-time P4P 1-4 have sequential weight classes?

#1 - Khabib 155lb
#2 - GSP 170lb
#3 - Anderson 185lb
#4 - Jones 205lb

Do you think there is anything to this or just coincidence?

Back