Almeida is the fittest looking HW, probably has a huge cardio advantage over all the HWs

Brock had a lot of fat, Almeida is super fit. Nobody at HW can compete with him in the cardio department.

Sorry to break the bubble for you but being fit doesn't mean you have a great cardio by default :) And vice versa. Fat slobs with cardio better than the fittest of guys exist too.

Dude weighs 220 lbs. Should drop to Light Heavy and try for a run at that title first
Not sure. I always though that if a tournament would exist without weight limits, a LHW would be just as likely to win as a HW. LHW have KO power and are faster. At this level, seems to me like I would pick speed over additional strength.

Lower body fat does not necessarily mean better cardio.

Looks are deceiving.

A girl once thought I was cute in a dark setting.

When the light hit, she called the cops.

he better have good cardio because wrestling guys who are like +50lbs heavier than you is going to wear on you.

Brock had a lot of fat, Almeida is super fit. Nobody at HW can compete with him in the cardio department.

Looking good and having great cardio are not synonymous.
Granted on the lower end of the HW scale these guys gas after two minutes.
Struik has never shown cardio issues.
IMO he has the hardest single punch in MMA. I didn't say he can beat Pavlovich (and he already lost to Blaydes, Ngannou, and Drago)--but he can crack.

11-time undisputed WWE champion, two-time NJCAA All-American, the 1998 NJCAA Heavyweight Champion, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion and the 2000 NCAA Heavyweight Champion

Translated: Lesnar never had the balls to participate in international competitions.

Cormier, has Pan American and World Championship medals.

Even Chael has better international credentials.

Translated: Lesnar never had the balls to participate in international competitions.

Cormier, has Pan American and World Championship medals.

Even Chael has better international credentials.

I’m not a wrestling expert nor did I grow up on a culture of wrestling but I can only imagine that international competition is better than just NCAA competition even at a D-1/all American level.

From my understanding Cuba has a fantastic wrestling culture and state program so Americans winning Pan Am games/championships would really means lot in terms of strength of competition.

Not to mention world games/championships which would have them go up against guys from Türkiye, Iran, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and of course Russia.

He's only 224lbs. Which if he sets pace and fights properly would be fine. I just wonder what someone like Ngannou could do if he was able to keep it on the feet against him because there is a huge strength disparity. Even a prime Brock would probably do pretty well against him.

Rozenstruik's posture bugs the hell out of me. Almeida by being a superior human specimen.

He walks around 220 so he can easily make LHW. He should have the speed advantage.
Heavily muscled fighters are often not the cardio machines though.

Sorry, low body fat percentage does not equal cardio. Remember Cain Velasquez? In his admittedly short prime, he had some of the best cardio ever at heavyweight, but was always a bit pudgy. Ngannou is a physical specimen, but gassed hard in the first Miocic fight. If you include other weight classes, there are tons of examples of jacked fighters with shit cardio.

Back