Social (AMA) Divorced at 50, I'm trying polyamory and Ethical Non-Monogamy

Lol, nice life man.. sounds good

Pretty interesting to see so much push back in this thread though...

Sherdog is actually a very conservative space, lots of guys are talking excitedly in threads about how they like to load their fries / the newest re-hash of a marvel movie.. (very boring most of the time) and when you bring up a topic like this, dudes get all worked up / defensive about it. Power to you man, sounds like you're having a great experience of life..

I had a question though.. perhaps the number of polyamorous offers / situations you're getting offered might be related to you being a brother? Maybe married women see that as the last frontier in their sex life? I'm a good looking dude, educated, tall, athletic, and I have good game too.. so do some of my friends.. but I'm not getting invited into these kinds of arrangements very often, neither are my friends.. I do really well, I'm basically always hooking up with someone new, but yeah I seem not to be invited into this kind of arrangement very often..

Also a general comment about what I've seen in the thread..

Guys are saying women are really promiscuous and slutty these days.. I have been single for years.. and this is complete BS.. so so many women are looking for a relationship and have massive dating fatigue from a huge proportion of dudes only wanting no strings hook ups.. women go for years without finding a guy they like who'll settle, because a lot of dudes find it hard to settle since it's much easier to get laid these days due to dating apps.. lot of girls I've hooked up with might only sleep with a few guys a year, just out of necessity.. I find most women want something serious..
  1. I agree. While women are getting more transparent about what they want, in general, most want a long-term relationship. I specifically got drawn into this because I was getting tired of being hounded about moving in together or married to women who I only knew a few months - after only being divorced for a short period.
    • Poly and ENM women want relationships too, but the ones I deal with are in no rush.
  2. Maybe I'm getting attention because I'm Black? Probably. But, I've met a couple of White dudes with full rosters.
    • Women of color (Black, Asian, Latinx) gravitate towards me because I work for myself, dress nice, talk nice, and treat them nice. They enjoy the gentlemen's persona.
    • White women I've been dating usually say, "I dated a Black guy for a long time before I got married," or "I've always been attracted to Black men but didn't know how others would feel about it." They realize they are too grown to be worried about what others think at this point.
  3. While I'm definitely fucking a lot, I don't make sex the sole focus. My dating profile is heavy on the "emotional intelligence, let's do brunch, I'm a cuddler, I love art museums, gentlemen in public/freak behind closed doors" angle. Women love that shit and it works for me because I'm being honest.
  4. Check back with me in five months and let's see how this goes!

Friend of mine after going through a divorce went down the “hotwife “ etc road for a while. Was over a decade ago and I wanna day was using craigslist and POF(it was fairly new at the time) for meeting these.

ANYWAY, he tried to talk me
Into exploring this type of stuff and I wasn’t into it. Long story short. He told me 95% of the “hotwifes” he banged were decent looking , like too good for the guys they were with.

He said he’d go bang them while the other dude just. Watched and waited his turn and when my. Friend was done and was putting his pants on to leave they’d go in after him. He said most were little dorks with tiny dicks

Figured these women settled for dudes for thier wallet and the dudes were letting this go on because they. Would leave them if they. Didn’t

Don’t know how. True this is, just what I was told from a friend that got into it.
I have no personal experience related to this.

Im not salty at all. Ive had plenty of random and or meaningless no strings attached sex. Its hollow, no matter how interesting the broad is. Im married with a kid. I hope you will remain happy but to me you look like a 34 year old woman making a post on Instagram about how people need to stop asking when shes settling down and having kids shes on her best life. Ignoring everyone who would tell you there is a timer on this and you are wasting your time and shouting how happy you are. I dont beleive people who shout their happiness.
  1. Been married. Have a kid. Own my shit. Work on my own schedule. Travel when I want.
  2. I appreciate your 'concern' but I don't really give a shit if you think I'm happy. I don't know you.
  3. When you mentioned your own marriage, you didn't say if it brought you any joy, wonder, happiness, or fulfillment.
  4. That statement about women is incredibly misogynistic.
  5. I may change what I'm doing at some point. But, today I'm satisfied.
  6. If the thread annoys you, don't read anymore. It's the interwebs. You're supposed to enjoy your time here.

similarly
what if I have a butterface and a butter waist
but I move like a snake do

giphy.gif

Seriously, there's somebody for everybody. in monogamy or poly.

1. I agree. While women are getting more transparent about what they want, in general, most want a long-term relationship. I specifically got drawn into this because I was getting tired of being hounded about moving in together or married to women who I only knew a few months - after only being divorced for a short period.
    • Poly and ENM women want relationships too, but the ones I deal with are in no rush.
  2. Maybe I'm getting attention because I'm Black? Probably. But, I've met a couple of White dudes with full rosters.
    • Women of color (Black, Asian, Latinx) gravitate towards me because I work for myself, dress nice, talk nice, and treat them nice. They enjoy the gentlemen's persona.
    • White women I've been dating usually say, "I dated a Black guy for a long time before I got married," or "I've always been attracted to Black men but didn't know how others would feel about it." They realize they are too grown to be worried about what others think at this point.
  3. While I'm definitely fucking a lot, I don't make sex the sole focus. My dating profile is heavy on the "emotional intelligence, let's do brunch, I'm a cuddler, I love art museums, gentlemen in public/freak behind closed doors" angle. Women love that shit and it works for me because I'm being honest.

Enjoy man, all the best..

1. Been married. Have a kid. Own my shit. Work on my own schedule. Travel when I want.
  2. I appreciate your 'concern' but I don't really give a shit if you think I'm happy. I don't know you.
  3. When you mentioned your own marriage, you didn't say if it brought you any joy, wonder, happiness, or fulfillment.
  4. That statement about women is incredibly misogynistic.
  5. I may change what I'm doing at some point. But, today I'm satisfied.
  6. If the thread annoys you, don't read anymore. It's the interwebs. You're supposed to enjoy your time here.
1. Failed marriage, broken family
2. I am concerned
3. My wife and our love makes me a better man, my daughter is a light of hope in the darkness of what appears to be on the horizon. Im blessed
4. Women have a shorter biological clock for blood related family. A man has diminishing capacity theres nothing misogynistic about any of that.
5. I hope you do
6. Im not annoyed im just talking with you. You put this on the dog an open forum.

where do you live? I ask b/c in my experience, asian women do not usually hook up with black dudes.

It's funny how a lot of the posters are comparing this to meaningless sex.

There are many ways to do polyamory. It's not always just random sex. My longest (technically on going), emotionally fruitful relationship has been a poly one with a woman I've known for years.

The way we work is that when we're together, we are a couple and when we are not, we do our own thing. We still love and care for each other.

where do you live? I ask b/c in my experience, asian women do not usually hook up with black dudes.
  • I'm not disclosing my location.
  • Have dated Korean and Japanese.
  • College educated, parents are usually college educated. Usually divorced.
  • Never dated a first-generation Asian woman.
  • Far less submissive than stereotypes suggest. Far cooler than stereotypes suggest.
  • Have only dated Asian women in my age group. Can't speak to what Asians in their early 30s-40s are into.

It's funny how a lot of the posters are comparing this to meaningless sex.

There are many ways to do polyamory. It's not always just random sex. My longest (technically on going), emotionally fruitful relationship has been a poly one with a woman I've known for years.

The way we work is that when we're together, we are a couple and when we are not, we do our own thing. We still love and care for each other.
giphy.gif

1. Failed marriage, broken family
2. I am concerned
3. My wife and our love makes me a better man, my daughter is a light of hope in the darkness of what appears to be on the horizon. Im blessed
4. Women have a shorter biological clock for blood related family. A man has diminishing capacity theres nothing misogynistic about any of that.
5. I hope you do
6. Im not annoyed im just talking with you. You put this on the dog an open forum.
  1. My son had a two-parent household all the way through his first year of college. Hardly a broken family. LOL
  2. The self-righteousness is thick.
  3. If you're being honest, I'm glad to hear your marriage is great. I'm not sure you view the world as a place of darkness, but ok.
  4. Hmm. You should go back and read your original comment.
  5. Deciding for others what constitutes a healthy relationship or love life is dumb. The world is full of diversity, we should live and let live.
  6. To be clear, it's okay if you're annoyed. I wouldn't care. LOL

Cool story TS, but for the love of God stop calling yourself ethical nomminagowhateverist. Sounds like a badly worded new gender. Just say you you're a "let them all bang in peace" type sherdogger.

This dude is slaying prime all the time and there are some people on this board who are upset about it? Get real guys, he’s living a lot of your fantasies and you can’t admit it.
Just lol

<{MingNope}>

Cool story TS, but for the love of God stop calling yourself ethical nomminagowhateverist. Sounds like a badly worded new gender. Just say you you're a "let them all bang in peace" type sherdogger.
Good point. LMAO.

Two Month Update:

Everything is going great. I've "settled in" with four women. It's interesting to see the differences I have in common with each one.
  1. Accomplished Working Professional. We discuss books and debate personal ratings on movies. Insists on paying for half of all dates.
  2. Boho Hippie. We talk about music, weed, universal healthcare, and climate change. Happier at home than in a swanky restaurant.
  3. Wealthy Housewife. We talk about family, work, and why I own so many skin products. lol, We never discuss politics or religion.
  4. Baddie. We literally talk about everything - including all the other women. Most well-rounded of the bunch.
  5. I still go on the occasional date to see what's out there.

Fellow 50 here. While I am firmly entrenched in the happily married camp, I say keep doing what makes you happy dude. Going to the grave with regrets means you messed up somewhere along the line.

Back