News Amanda Lemos vs Mackenzie Dern set for February 17th - Tatiana Suarez is OUT!

Who wins?

• Total voters
This is why the ufc is keeping Suarez from the title. that neck is pretty much done

Suarez is the Cain Velasquez of WMMA, she has the potential to be the GOAT but she can't stay healthy, she should fight for a TS as soon as she comes back because she can disappear right away and I want to see her fight for the belt.

Why does it seem like they already fought, and not long ago?

I swear to god they fought and Dern lost, got beat up but kept going for the takedown undeterred.

I see why Dern is taking this fight. This is her chance to show that she can make a run even after recent setbacks. Lemos is probably a pretty big favorite though I would think.

Man, that sucks. Saurez is gonna be 1 win in the weight class for the past 5 years soon

I think Lenos wins, but after her performance in her failed shot, I'd rather see Dern get up around there

On the other hand, Lemos has shown she doesn't even need to be taken down to be submitted.
042322-Jessica-Andrade-Lemos-Choke-UFC_JB_2022-04-23_0552.jpg
lol, that was my first thought when reading everybody saying Dern doesn't have take-downs. She doesn't need them against Lemos.

a23afcd1639cdc5effbd080f2f4d7d7f7f36997c.gif

Suarez has re;eased a statement:
https://x.com/BigMarcel24/status/1747443407432065103?s=20

Can’t say I blame UFC or Lemos for moving on. Fight camps usually work on a timetable. Can’t expect someone to disregard theirs just because you can’t stay healthy. Also can’t expect UFC to just cancel a fight, either, if there are other options.

Suarez is the Cain Velasquez of WMMA, she has the potential to be the GOAT but she can't stay healthy, she should fight for a TS as soon as she comes back because she can disappear right away and I want to see her fight for the belt.
Why would UFC want to give someone a title shot if they’re not likely to defend in a timely manner?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol Dern is gonna get executed.

Her BJJ didn't work against Yan so it sure as shit ain't working against Lemos. Her TDs are garbage.

And Dern's striking success relies on her blitzing girls and overwhelming them with volume. That worked against Tecia (barely), and Hill because both of those girls, while they have better striking technique than Dern, didn't have the power needed to stop her.

Andrade had that power and ended up obliterating Dern. Lemos has even more power and better range.

Dern is probably gonna try a few BJJ tds, get stuffed easily as usual, and then resort to her blitzes and get sparked out badly.

What happens if she jumps guard?

What happens if she jumps guard?

She'll be in a better spot than on the feet. That said, Lemos is no slouch with her own BJJ and Dern's is overrated. 7 subs and the only one of them that was even remotely decent was against Montana.

If she can't sub hill, then she isn't subbing Lemos.

And getting close to enough to Lemos to even pull guard is going to be difficult considering the shots she'll have to go through to get there.

All that said, if she can make Lemos work really hard for 2 rounds and not get KOd, Lemos will slow and her chances will improve dramatically.

Back