News AMC FNG: Andrey Koreshkov vs Adriano Rodriguez Set For Feb 23

Pretty decent fight, has Koreshkov left Bellator or are they letting him do this one outside his contract?

Just noticed Zuluzinho is also on this card. {<Mcgoat}

Pretty decent fight, has Koreshkov left Bellator or are they letting him do this one outside his contract?

Just noticed Zuluzinho is also on this card. {<Mcgoat}
He still on their webpage, probably only a one off kind of deal given that apparently he has some visa issues.

He still on their webpage, probably only a one off kind of deal given that apparently he has some visa issues.
I don’t see the point in keeping him to be honest. They aren’t giving him any relevant fights and he’s already been the champion. He’s a guy I would like to see get a chance in the UFC. He is in that Dantas/Chandler area right now.

I don’t see the point in keeping him to be honest. They aren’t giving him any relevant fights and he’s already been the champion. He’s a guy I would like to see get a chance in the UFC. He is in that Dantas/Chandler area right now.

I wouldn't like to see Dantas in the UFC, he's shot imo I think he'd get badly embarrassed.

Koreshkov would be good though.

I wouldn't like to see Dantas in the UFC, he's shot imo I think he'd get badly embarrassed.

I think Dantas would get absolutely smoked but he really wants that shot and I think it would make his career “worth it” in his eyes if he got a UFC shot so I will definitely hope he gets at least a chance to not get KO’d lol. But Andrey is still very good I just think there’s nothing left for him in Bellator. It’s a shame Storm never got a shot in UFC either.

I think Dantas would get absolutely smoked but he really wants that shot and I think it would make his career “worth it” in his eyes if he got a UFC shot so I will definitely hope he gets at least a chance to not get KO’d lol. But Andrey is still very good I just think there’s nothing left for him in Bellator. It’s a shame Storm never got a shot in UFC either.

I think they were actually interested in him after he beat Branch, but nothing came of it. I suspect maybe he wouldn't pass USADA.

I just don't want to see Dantas get beaten up by Luke Sanders or something.

I understand Koreshkov will never be champion again, but he still a very game fighter and brings entertaining fights. Koreshkov vs MVP, Berkhamov, Neiman, J.Jackson, Amosov are still good fights for him. If anything he can be the gatekeeper of the division, and that would be a hell of a gate keeper.

I understand Koreshkov will never be champion again, but he still a very game fighter and brings entertaining fights. Koreshkov vs MVP, Berkhamov, Neiman, J.Jackson, Amosov are still good fights for him. If anything he can be the gatekeeper of the division, and that would be a hell of a gate keeper.

I do remember him not having many fights left on his contract and being interested in seeing what the market has to offer though. He's absolutely a UFC standard guy, so I'd be interested in him making the jump and seeing how he does.

I do remember him not having many fights left on his contract and being interested in seeing what the market has to offer though. He's absolutely a UFC standard guy, so I'd be interested in him making the jump and seeing how he does.
True, I think he had a fight left and wanted to explore the free market. However, with the whole COVID situation and travel restrictions IDK how feasible is that. Plus, he would probably do OK in that division (top 6-10), IDK if Dana wants another former Bellator champion (who just got destroyed by Lima) beating on UFC's guys. I would like to see Koreshkov vs Masvidal, RDA, or Nate btw.

True, I think he had a fight left and wanted to explore the free market. However, with the whole COVID situation and travel restrictions IDK how feasible is that. Plus, he would probably do OK in that division (top 6-10), IDK if Dana wants another former Bellator champion (who just got destroyed by Lima) beating on UFC's guys. I would like to see Koreshkov vs Masvidal, RDA, or Nate btw.

I'm not sure how he would do in the UFC tbh, I think he could make the rankings, but not sure if he could establish himself in the top 10.

He's fun to watch though, so he's someone I could see the UFC being interested in.

I do wonder what the top Bellator guys are thinking at the moment though. Surely seeing the UFC roll out the red carpet for Chandler and promote him more effectively in 3 months than Bellator did in 10 years has at least made them think.

I'm not sure how he would do in the UFC tbh, I think he could make the rankings, but not sure if he could establish himself in the top 10.

He's fun to watch though, so he's someone I could see the UFC being interested in.

I do wonder what the top Bellator guys are thinking at the moment though. Surely seeing the UFC roll out the red carpet for Chandler and promote him more effectively in 3 months than Bellator did in 10 years has at least made them think.
This is very true, if you think about it, Chandler proved that if you win big in the UFC there isnt anything Bellator can offer you that can match that. Imagine how popular Nemkov, Lima, Pitbull would be in the UFC with wins in the top 5. Crazy.

This is very true, if you think about it, Chandler proved that if you win big in the UFC there isnt anything Bellator can offer you that can match that. Imagine how popular Nemkov, Lima, Pitbull would be in the UFC with wins in the top 5. Crazy.

Indeed. Imagine if Chandler gets the belt, Patricio can be calling him his son on Twitter all he wants while Chandler is getting half a milli a fight with ppv points on top.

If he managed to negotiate his release I'm sure the UFC would pay what's required to get him too.

Indeed. Imagine if Chandler gets the belt, Patricio can be calling him his son on Twitter all he wants while Chandler is getting half a milli a fight with ppv points on top.

If he managed to negotiate his release I'm sure the UFC would pay what's required to get him too.
Yes, but Pitbull seems like such a huge Bellator company man, I dont ever see him leaving the company. I think its a big gamble too, for the most part, yes you can make it big IF you win or IF you become a star. If you dont, you probably will not have as much guaranteed as Bellator is paying them. Lima, Pitbull, etc. all seemed pretty happy to re-sign with Bellator, so I'm assuming they are getting taken cared of.

Yes, but Pitbull seems like such a huge Bellator company man, I dont ever see him leaving the company. I think its a big gamble too, for the most part, yes you can make it big IF you win or IF you become a star. If you dont, you probably will not have as much guaranteed as Bellator is paying them. Lima, Pitbull, etc. all seemed pretty happy to re-sign with Bellator, so I'm assuming they are getting taken cared of.

Agreed, I just think it's a shame for his legacy, in ten years only hardcores are going to know who he was.

Unless Dantas could make Flyweight like Nam and kind of reinvent his career I dont see him getting into UFC. PFL would be his best bet if they started up a 135 div which they should.

Agreed, I just think it's a shame for his legacy, in ten years only hardcores are going to know who he was.
I guess he will not care too much about his legacy if he has a big bank account but I would definitely would like to see him against Max, Ortega, Volk, Zombie, and Zabit.

Koreshkov wants to fight Albert Tumenov.

Back