Amir Khan vs Willie Limond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjow9JmmMcs

Here is the full fight. As for this Amir khan hypeness, he does remind you abit of Pr Naz. Mind you he still is a young fighter in terms of fights. Sometimes hype can get the crowd on your side and that can help you in a fight. But also it can give you an air of arrogant confidence and could be the downfall of a fight. Every fighter deserves a chance and this is Amirs. So give the boy a chance and see what happens in say 1-3 yrs time.

I do give Khan props for coming back the way he did and taking Limond out. He could have gone into clutch and run mode, but didn't.

He's quick, but if he fights far too conventionally to be like Hamed; and more to the point, if he was like the Prince, Limond would have got starched in under 4.

The ref gave him a 13 count from the point that the timekeeper started it, kahn went back down to his knee at 8 and came back up at 10 and the ref gave him a further 3 secondseven after that, you dont go back down and get to carry on let alone a that point in the count. The ref was a homer.

Ok we've found our conspiracy theorist. He got up by 5 took a knee and popped right back up before 10. WTF?

Ok we've found our conspiracy theorist. He got up by 5 took a knee and popped right back up before 10. WTF?

Yeh LOL I was kind of wondering that myself. I didn't see this 10 count he supposedly took.

He doesn';t have a glass jaw, it maybe weak but if it was glass even a weak puncher like limond would have finished him, limond caught him clean with one of the shots and had him wobbled, but the shot that took him to the floor was a push. I don't know how people didn't seem to see it, he might well have beeen going down anyway but the last shot fron limond was a push rather than a punch.

People of Indian Peninsulan descent aren't known for being very durable physically a by the looks of it Khan doesn't seem different. He is a great technical striker with probably even a decent amount of power but he just doesn't seem too good in taking a shot.

Now you know why all Khan's pro opponents were carefully handpicked superfeatherweights with no KO power.

sorj, thanks for the link. He did appear to lose his legs but his head seemed clear to me. He almost looked over excited in getting back up quick and taking a knee again. Too early to tell about his chin because it did look like a pretty good shot. When the competition gets better we'll see if his chin is made of the Wayne McCollough mold or the Augie Sanchez mold.

Now you know why all Khan's pro opponents were carefully handpicked superfeatherweights with no KO power.

You sure its not the fact that Frank is just protecting his fighter so he can milk them as much as they are worth

People of Indian Peninsulan descent aren't known for being very durable physically a by the looks of it Khan doesn't seem different. He is a great technical striker with probably even a decent amount of power but he just doesn't seem too good in taking a shot.

Really? I've not heard that theory before. I don't know of too many pro-fighters from that region of the world.

Khan definitely does not have an iron jaw. Glass or just weak chinned? Time will tell, but he has to tighten up defensively. I think its something he can do but he seems to be have little lapses in concentration and forgets about defence too often. It seems like he's trying to become known as a destructive puncher but he's never going to have the power of Naz.

But he is faster, has decent power and a good workrate as well as some slick skills. His reactions aren't as good as Naz and his movement isn't great so he really needs to work on defence because he can't rely on his chin. I still think he is a future world champion.

Trying to make a thread to show my respects but it's not letting me .Willie Limond passed away , R.I.P champ .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back