Ankalaev vs Alex

Pain4Pain

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I am a huge Alex fan like the rest of you but this is the toughest fight for him in the division. I'm assuming if Alex and Ank keep winning they will meet in 24, unless the UFC gives Ank the Tony/Dariush treatment.

I actually don't want to see this because I want to keep seeing Alex KO'ing opponents but this fight makes sense.

Worst matchup for pereira, if ankalaev actually uses his brain he grapple fucks him and finishes him with gnp in two. Huge if though

If Jan can almost finish him with leg kicks then Alex kicks should make him leave on a stretcher. But theres the wrestling and Ankaelev will probably look for takedowns early.

UFC doesn't want this because let's be honest here Ank wrestles him more than easily

Ankalaev stood w/ Santos for 5 rounds, got dropped and won a tight 48-47

He stood with Smith and only got on top for GNP after Anthonys leg broke

He stood with Jan for 3 rounds and only took him down after Jan butchered his leg so bad he could barely stand then dominated round 4 and 5 w/ grappling

TLDR Ankalaev has some of the worst fight IQ in MMA. He could CONCEIVABLY stand with Alex and get KOd. Hes not a smart fighter at all.

Ankalaev stood w/ Santos for 5 rounds, got dropped and won a tight 48-47

He stood with Smith and only got on top for GNP after Anthonys leg broke

He stood with Jan for 3 rounds and only took him down after Jan butchered his leg so bad he could barely stand then dominated round 4 and 5 w/ grappling

TLDR Ankalaev has some of the worst fight IQ in MMA. He could CONCEIVABLY stand with Alex and get KOd. Hes not a smart fighter at all.
This. People rate him based on his potential more than him actually using his grappling to win fights.

Ank is a good fighter with terrible fight IQ. He hasn't done anything to deserve a TS, either.

Alex via calf kicks. And Ankalaev will cry afterwards ”but I deserve belt”.

Ank still has to rematch Walker & Jan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pavy
Back