Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira or Daniel Cormier - Who do you rank higher in the GOAT rankings?

Who do you rank higher in the GOAT rankings?

• Total voters
you should check who fought the better competition
and better fighter

clear winner
case closed

Well DC had a late start as you said. If he had come in earlier he might have hung around longer and had more tail end losses.

"A bigger resume and thats about it"

Huh?? thats about it???

You really show you have no conception of the context of Nogueira's prime at all.

The guy was constantly defeating the top 5 guys over and over and for longer.
can u please post nogs best wins
and dc best wins

do you think dc can beat nogs best wins?
do you also believe nog can beat dc best wins?

lets check who has the harder competition overall

Cormier was a top 3 fighter from 2015-2020 (6 years)
Nogueira was a top 3 fighter from 2001-2008 (8 years)

It's close, but if you look at it objectively it's Nog.
I like how you purposefully choose top 3 of all the possible rankings available because you knew:

- DC left HW at #4 HW in 2013
- DC never fought a top LHW before his LHW title shost in 2015 so didn't become top ranked until then

So dishonest to purposefully pick a ranking you knew would exclude DC from coincidentally the 2 years difference you needed to give it over to Nog.

Especially considering there was no reason for this dishonesty when you could've just gone with top 5 or top 10 which Nog also wins by a few year regardless without any trickery. DC was top 10 from 2011-2020, Nog from like 1999-2011.

And this is all without ever even addressing the fact that you purposefully chose top 3 because if you picked #1 DC handily wins it. For a best of all time you're purposefully excluding how long they were actually the best?

SMH.

It's a myth he was a great HW wrestler by the mid-2000s.
He fought Nog in 2001 tho.

Though obviously at LHW and looking terribly physically, Coleman still took down Shogun 7 times in 2009 at the end of his career when he was 45 coming off a long layoff, then beat Bonnar after that.

Last edited:
Not even comparable : there's only one fighter who fought legit competition in a proper organization + USADA tested and that's Cormier.

Minotauro is a true OG and was one of my favorite fighters, but DC is better.

Cormier won and defended 2 titles and only lost to GOATS.

Also literally bodyslammed 2 men who beat Nog.

What does that have anything to do with whether or not he could've still been top 10 for a few more years when he retired in 2020 ranked #1 after 2 competitive losses to champ Stipe?

DC not being the same =/= he wasn't still better than a lot of fighters.
He couldn't have stayed top 10 for a few more years.

He said he couldn't train properly anymore for the last Stipe fights, his back was that shot he was physically done, if he'd stuck around it would've been to rack up losses.

He said he had to take stretches of days off in camp cos his back was so bad he couldn't even get up to train.

"He continued: "It was bad for a long time, right, there were a lot of times in the middle of training camp I would have to take days off because my back was so beat up.

"Legitimately, break everything down to the core, all the wear and tear in order to get back to my feet.

"I remember times in the middle of my championship run or before when I was crawling up the stairs at my house because my back was so jacked up.

"I was always able to manage it but once I had that surgery it was done."

Last edited:
I voted DC. Two division champ status. Beat Stipe once. Was a champ at 205. A lot of people had DC on top 5 all time lists after he beat stipe. So I don't think he fell that far.

can u please post nogs best wins
and dc best wins

do you think dc can beat nogs best wins?
do you also believe nog can beat dc best wins?

lets check who has the harder competition overall
They have a common opponent in Barnett as one of there best wins but I think Cormier would have a tougher time with Mirko than Nog would with Rumble personally.

Rumble would definitely be very dangerous for anyone but Nog faced powerful punchers at HW and one takedown might well be all it took, DC on the other hand I think would be very vulnerable to Mirko's kicks and if he does get him down I'm not sure he could do much to him.

Last edited:
Well DC had a late start as you said. If he had come in earlier he might have hung around longer and had more tail end losses.

"A bigger resume and thats about it"

Huh?? thats about it???

You really show you have no conception of the context of Nogueira's prime at all.

The guy was constantly defeating the top 5 guys over and over and for longer.
Not true. Nog was fighting at the highest level from around 2001 to 2011 or 2013 the very least. So about 10-12 years.

DC fought at an elite level from 2011 till 2020. So 9 years.

Their time at the top was actually very similar. Nog had more wins, but a huge chunk of them were cans and nowhere near the level of competition DC faced.

With Nog being just 2 years older than DC and absolutely demolishing guys who beat Nog, it’s rather silly to even compare them. DC is just much better

He couldn't have stayed top 10 for a few more years.

He said he couldn't train properly anymore for the last Stipe fights, his back was that shot he was physically done, if he'd stuck around it would've been to rack up losses.

He said he had to take stretches of days off in camp cos his back was so bad he couldn't even get up to train.

"He continued: "It was bad for a long time, right, there were a lot of times in the middle of training camp I would have to take days off because my back was so beat up.

"Legitimately, break everything down to the core, all the wear and tear in order to get back to my feet.

"I remember times in the middle of my championship run or before when I was crawling up the stairs at my house because my back was so jacked up.

"I was always able to manage it but once I had that surgery it was done."
Okay...

But that same DC won 4 rounds against Stipe across those last 2 fights. So the idea that he couldn't have remained top 10 for awhile when he retired ranked #1 is retarded. Who gives a shit if he takes some losses along the way instead of only losing to Jones and Stipe?

If a fucked up DC can win 4 rounds against Stipe of course he could beat the Tyburas and Tuivasas of the world and remain inside the top 10 for awhile.

They have a common opponent in Barnett as one of there best wins but I think Cormier would have a tougher time with Mirko than Nog would with Rumble personally.

Rumble would definitely be very dangerous for anyone but Nog faced powerful punchers at HW and one takedown might well be all it took, DC on the other hand I think would be very vulnerable to Mirko's kicks and if he does get him down I'm not sure he could do much to him.
In what world are Mirko and Rumble alike lmao.

Gus is a much better comparison to Mirko and even that's pretty shit.

They have 3 common opponents. DC beat both Mir and Hendo, while Nog lost to both of them. The way you disregard the facts and think of fictional fights to make a point is ridiculous.

Also, DC would murder CroCop. DC is much better on the ground than Fedor.

Rumble had good wrestling background and Nog wasn’t really known for his TD’s. Rumble KO’d lil Nog, he would’ve done the same with Big Nog.

They have 3 common opponents. DC beat both Mir and Hendo, while Nog lost to both of them. The way you disregard the facts and think of fictional fights to make a point is ridiculous.

Rumble had good wrestling background and Nog wasn’t really known for his TD’s. Rumble KO’d lil Nog, he would’ve done the same with Big Nog.
Context does not matter I guess when all you plan to do is nuthug. DC's resume is overrated. He went 1-2 with Stipe, beat an out of prime Mir in an absolute stinker, and ragdolled Barnett (legit). We does this high praise come from. His other wins are over semi notable fighters and knock it off with the feigned dangerousness of Rumble Johnson.

DC fought Hendo years after his prime(went 2-7 post 2011), Nog fought Mir after his prime and Nogs original "loss" to Hendo was a terrible decision, Dan basically won the fight via defending subs off of his back and was dominated in the rematch.

Barnett is I think one of both mens best wins and DC at least fought him a bit closer to his prime hence why I mentioned him

Rumble KOed a declining Lil Nog(went 2-4 after that fight), I don't see much evidence Cormier is more dangerous on the ground than Fedor was and Fedor couldnt really hurt Mirko on the ground, he had to tire him out.

Back