Media Anthony Smith explains his actions last night after his fight with Ryan Spann at UFC Vegas 37

Anyone writing this whole event off as humorous is a cunt. That's inarguable to me.
Out of likes, but a grain of truth is needed for humor in the situation. If Anthony had been beaten up, then joking would be cunty but there would be some impetus for a meme. Instead he found a terrifying psycho in his house and beat his ass until his brain bled until the cops came and arrested him. Not much humor there.

With all the shit he talked before the Jones fight to only fold and look like a deer in headlights, he deserves a lot of the shit that he gets. He has mostly made a name off of washed up or older opponents. Other fighters get shit for doing it so he shouldn't get a pass either.
So because anytime a fighter wins their opponent gets labelled washed up and all accomplishments by all fighters are disregarded then its OK for Anthony Smith to get the same treatment?
DismalMixedCheetah-small.gif

This logic seems to track.

Is he talking about within the company or with the fans? You get a completely one-sided beatdown like he did against Old Man Glover it's gonna drop your stock a bit. I don't see him getting anymore shit then anyone else on here. This dude is the guy with a perpetual chip on his shoulder and that's been evident for years. One of the reasons I've never liked him. Maybe it's what he needs to motivate himself.

Anthony let the emotion get to him at the heat of the moment, I am same way too. As long you realize and set things right afterwards I do not think its a problem. Think some people forget fighting does put some people in different mind set and probably is not easy to shut it off.

I don't know why this guy talks so much. He's better off giving short answers and just stick to earning praise through his fights

I don’t even get why people think this is some kind of clever meme. The whole thing pisses me off actually. The dude committed a home invasion and by grace of god ended up attacking one of the top twenty-five toughest fighters on the planet thankfully. And he gets a slap on the wrist for it.
I would’ve shot him dead not because of me but I have a baby boy and and a wife

I don’t even get why people think this is some kind of clever meme. The whole thing pisses me off actually. The dude committed a home invasion and by grace of god ended up attacking one of the top twenty-five toughest fighters on the planet thankfully. And he gets a slap on the wrist for it.
Obviously the crackhead is a piece of garbage. But Smith could’ve prevented the entire ordeal by not leaving his garage door open for crackheads to waltz on in through.

Obviously the crackhead is a piece of garbage. But Smith could’ve prevented the entire ordeal by not leaving his garage door open for crackheads to waltz on in through.
I certainly won’t argue on that point. All you have to do is look at Anthony Smith’s face to know he’s really dumb.

Maybe you’re correct, but you’re glossing over one glaring takeaway besides losing the Jones fight, he could’ve won. Yet, he took the high road in realization that having taken that belt by DQ wasn’t the correct path to take during his MMA journey.
Unlike that guy Aljamain

I don't even think he get's that much shit. It's a lot of fair criticism. He needs thicker skin. Imagine still being mad at Spann after you tap him out. Get a grip man. Imagine if he was on a press run with someone like Conor.
And Spann showed great humility by going over to talk to Smith after the fight.

I agree with him totally. No matter what you do in life or how good of a person you try to be, someone is still going to find fault with you. You will never please 100% of people, so stop caring what others think. As he said, "F them." Seems like a good guy to me.

why does ESPN mute curse words?
it’s fucking dumb and it’s a subscription service already so what the fuck?
I think it’s silly too, but I assume it’s because they’re owned by Disney.

As for Smith, I don’t remember Spann saying anything too disrespectful in the leadup to the fight. Kind of weird for Smith to act like that, especially after beating a guy who’s not even in the top 10.

Back