any other Jiri fans excited-nervous?

I'am not worried at all. Pereira can catch him, mainly in later rounds if Jiri slows down...but still, there is much more ways for Jiri to win and dominate in this fight than for Pereira.

+ there is more of not very known and debated stuff outside of our region

- Jiri should be better in every aspect of his fighting game, mainly ground, it should be on same level as his standup (he +- 1.5 year ago hired BJJ expert into his trainers team) and he is reportedly in best form of his
life recording to big circle of people.

- Jiri's main sparring for +- decade was lefthanded ranked GloryKickboxing fighter with similiar height and bigger reach

- His doctor said that he never seen someone fully and fast recover without any major consenqueces like Prochazka. His arm is more like improved than damaged because of untreated ruptures which were fixed after xxx years.

Jiri simply have to hold distance during stand-up and eventually take it down if there will not be holes in Pereira's stand up for finish.
Great to hear from you brother, and thanks for the inside info. Loved watching Jiri on the mat vs Glover / really looking forward to see his developments on the mat again sometime soon.
I haven't been this excited for a fight than I can even remember.

It's simultaneously the one I'm partly dreading because I don't want either go to lose.

Though WAR Jiri!
As long as we don't have an off the wall bullshit event like an extreme ref fuck-up I'm beyond confident that this will be an amazing fight. This is one of those rare fights where almost nothing can go wrong in terms of expectations.

I love them both. Hate that it has to be against each other but it was inevitable.

I haven't seen Jiri move around enough to see how he's healed.

All things being equal I do believe that Alex will find a brutal hook and end it

Fan of both guys I'm just hoping we can get 1+ rounds of pure striking violence before a ko.

Both guys are so hit able and have dynamic strikes no one sees coming, Jiri might have the chin edge.

Whaaat? If Alex loses by KO it's the beginning of the end of his career.

Alex is new to a weight class fighting a guy whos larger with a great record and an insane amount of first round finishes. I don't believe he's expected to win this. Jiri however is just a technical mess and why Alex could shut his game out.

I used to get like this back when Fedor was undefeated but slowing down (2009ish). It was a fun balance of "oh shit something might go wrong" combined with "but I still have faith in this" sort of thing.

Anyway, these sort of fights are fun as a fan. On the one hand I am dreading the "on paper" aspect. Jiri has been inactive. Injured. Recipe for disaster. Then Alex's style is the worst possible matchup on paper. Deadliest counters, KO power, and technical skill possible vs aggressive striking that relies on taking shots to land them.

But Glover wasn't that dissimilar. If I told you before the fight "Glover will have about 15 minutes of mount time and near the end of that time will have a fully locked in arm triangle" the odds for Jiri would be +5000 or something. Pretty sure the odds in the 5th round live were something insane like that (or even more extreme) for Jiri to finish by sub too... and yet he did the impossible.

And he will do the impossible again... just when the deck is the most stacked (and after some back and forth drama) he will do the unthinkable in the face of absurd danger. Jiri by KO round 2, after which I can breathe a sigh of relief and admire the human quality of persevering in the face of all odds.

The Fedor nervousness started for me after the Arlovski fight. Knew something was different after that one. At that point he was in that religious mode going everywhere with that priest. Although not going to lie, I was losing sleep before the Cro Cop fight. But during Fedors peak that was the only time I was really nervous.

Red Devil Shirt Fedor >>>> Whatever the hell that loud sweater was Fedor

The Fedor nervousness started for me after the Arlovski fight. Knew something was different after that one. At that point he was in that religious mode going everywhere with that priest. Although not going to lie, I was losing sleep before the Cro Cop fight. But during Fedors peak that was the only time I was really nervous.

Red Devil Shirt Fedor >>>> Whatever the hell that loud sweater was Fedor
Yup same here. Which is why I was always half nervous during the Rogers fight. During that 1st round it was a balancing act "oh that moment wasn't so good" mixed with "but he's Fedor so it'll be alright" creating tension.

lol the irony coming from a guy that advertises in his sig that he isn't a fan of any fighter but proudly states that he does hate fighters based solely on their ethnicity
It was a good night TS, Russian got KTFO, and so did your Idol.

Cool comeback / would expect nothing more from the low-IQ crowd than a "lol" response
Low-IQ is some grown ass man being nervous for a fucking cage fighter you dont even know personally you loser. LOL

Low-IQ is some grown ass man being nervous for a fucking cage fighter you dont even know personally you loser. LOL
Nice. Clearly showing you have no understanding of what IQ means does my work for me.

Back