Any thoughts on the grodex mamba bag?

never enough

Colour my life with the Chaos of trouble
@Orange
Reaction score
I was just looking at these bags in addition to a double end bag
Any thoughts on this or has anyone used one or something similar??

I was just looking at these bags in addition to a double end bag
Any thoughts on this or has anyone used one or something similar??

Looks pretty cool similar to the cobra bags that are appearing everywhere

Looks pretty cool similar to the cobra bags that are appearing everywhere
They make a cobra bag as well. It looks like the mamba bag is far smaller and faster

The grodex stuff is far too expensive isn’t my opinion.

The grodex stuff is far too expensive isn’t my opinion.
Did you see how Grodex attacked Carlo of CsquaredBoxing because he said something similar and was recommending a cheaper alternative of the Cobra Bag to his subscribers?

Did you see how Grodex attacked Carlo of CsquaredBoxing because he said something similar and was recommending a cheaper alternative of the Cobra Bag to his subscribers?
No I didn’t but I commented on a post on Instagram ages ago on a gym / trainers post about their punch bags can’t remember what it was prob asking something about what was different for the cost etc and it wasn’t their page but I got an incredibly rude comment back from them

No I didn’t but I commented on a post on Instagram ages ago on a gym / trainers post about their punch bags can’t remember what it was prob asking something about what was different for the cost etc and it wasn’t their page but I got an incredibly rude comment back from them
Grodex did something similar. If remember correctly, they were going on how he's a veteran (which Carlo is) and not supporting American brands like them. Basically they were accusing him of not being "American" enough in a way.

Grodex did something similar. If remember correctly, they were going on how he's a veteran (which Carlo is) and not supporting American brands like them. Basically they were accusing him of not being "American" enough in a way.
Definitely too rich my my blood not sure why the premium price

They make a cobra bag as well. It looks like the mamba bag is far smaller and faster
@never enough , I would check out this video & the comments. Seems like it might be better to look for a cheaper alternative to Grodex's if you still prefer an equipment like this. This person gives a very honest review on it.

The video maker claims these gloves were brand new before using the Grodex Black Mamba Bag, if it's true, that's nuts! I have 2-3 year old Cleto Reyes in better condition from slamming the heavy bag.

upload_2020-12-30_21-12-48.png

Thanks for the opinions guys. I just ordered a double end bag so I probably won’t get the grodex bag as well. It is fairly expensive for what it is and the much cheaper double end bag will hopefully do the same job more or less
upload_2020-12-31_17-47-9.jpeg

Thanks for the opinions guys. I just ordered a double end bag so I probably won’t get the grodex bag as well. It is fairly expensive for what it is and the much cheaper double end bag will hopefully do the same job more or less
View attachment 823133
Tempted to get a double end back myself

I just realized Grodex is owned by a kid. No wonder all the immature behavior on Social Media sometimes.... ;)

Attachments

• Grodex_01.jpg
    Grodex_01.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 14
We used to use something similar but home made.

Get a tennis ball , put holes in it top and bottom( get a grown up to help you with this part ) , thread some elastic bungee cord through it so you have several feet available each end. Knot below the bottom hole so it doesn't slide down.

Fix bottom bungee to a weights plate on floor , tie off top to ceiling or joist etc. Adjust tightness of cord to alter speed of ball .

Okay it's not as good as the Grodex thing but it's a damn sight cheaper.

Just looked on YouTube and there's videos 9f how to make it and it in use under tennis ball speed bag.

Might help someone.

I honestly think Grodex is ridiculously overpriced. At the end of the day a bag is a bag is boxing need not be over-complicated.
BTW do the fighters who use their bags actually pay for them or is just to lure everyday suckers in?

I honestly think Grodex is ridiculously overpriced. At the end of the day a bag is a bag is boxing need not be over-complicated.
Well, there are a difference between good heavy bags vs horrible ones out there. That's mostly in the quality stitching, stuffing material (and especially how they stuff it), as well as the bag material.

But you are right about you don't need to over-complicate it, you don't need Italian Leather that Grodex prides on or even Superare's FRYE Leather (the $10,000) Heavy Bag. Especially since you're buying a heavy bag to punish the shit out of it. If I had the cash, I rather buy a very plain Winning Japan Polyester Canvas bag that is easy to maintain and is built to take damage. That's one of the reasons they developed their unique Polyester Canvas instead of using leather (even though their leather still holds up pretty good, picture below). Not to mention, from what I see from pictures that my friend showed me, Winning Japan has a very good way of stuffing their bags that even after long use/hang, the material doesn't settle in the bottom. The middle breaks in a little from hitting, but the stuffing on the top doesn't sink into middle and the middle packs in the bottom making it like concrete.

However, I gotta give Grodex's innovation by tackling the top bag squeeze problem with a metal ring to spread out the weight, time will tell with their bags to see if that really work since it's gravity and you can't really avoid it.

m283307237.1.jpg

BTW do the fighters who use their bags actually pay for them or is just to lure everyday suckers in?
I thought the price included free international shipping for the Mamba bag which made the price more reasonable since I live in New Zealand but it’s only U.S shipping I think.

Well, there are a difference between good heavy bags vs horrible ones out there. That's mostly in the quality stitching, stuffing material (and especially how they stuff it), as well as the bag material.

But you are right about you don't need to over-complicate it, you don't need Italian Leather that Grodex prides on or even Superare's FRYE Leather (the $10,000) Heavy Bag. Especially since you're buying a heavy bag to punish the shit out of it. If I had the cash, I rather buy a very plain Winning Japan Polyester Canvas bag that is easy to maintain and is built to take damage. That's one of the reasons they developed their unique Polyester Canvas instead of using leather (even though their leather still holds up pretty good, picture below). Not to mention, from what I see from pictures that my friend showed me, Winning Japan has a very good way of stuffing their bags that even after long use/hang, the material doesn't settle in the bottom. The middle breaks in a little from hitting, but the stuffing on the top doesn't sink into middle and the middle packs in the bottom making it like concrete.

However, I gotta give Grodex's innovation by tackling the top bag squeeze problem with a metal ring to spread out the weight, time will tell with their bags to see if that really work since it's gravity and you can't really avoid it.

m283307237.1.jpg

Fair enough. But I was referring more to their (Grodex) prices versus other quality bags out there. Winning is a bit different since they have the history and quality behind their name so I would definitely be more inclined to get a Winning bag than a Grodex one.

I stay away from the cheap stuff sold at sports stores since they are rubbish (for the most part anyway).

Back