Anyone else actually not that mad?

Well the beauty of this result is we get to see Costa/Israel. Doesn't seem like Izzy has taken damage. Win/Win imo
Yeah, that's exactly why I'm happy Yoel got robbed. Hope they make Costa/Israel ASAP.

I'm more annoyed with the fans and Big Dan.

Fights are gonna play how they will. This is real, not scripted.

The truth is, this is how they match up. Different fights offer different looks. Could more have been done? Absolutely, but with Yoel's power and Izzy's countering ability, I'm not surprised and really not even that mad.

This was one for strategy, not non stop action.

Yeah i agree..people are exposing themselves on here as casuals big time over this fight..

This is how you fight a bull rush type fighter (romero)

Stay off the center line..avoid the rushes..strike from a distance..attack the legs so they cant charge..and break down over rounds

Izzy was tactical and Romero was ...well romero

I think you're overrating the damage. Yoel was mobile enough to easily win the 5th round IMO. Sure it was a little red, but the most damaging strikes were Yoel's big overhand and his strikes along the cage.
Sincere question: Have you ever been kicked in the leg before (by someone who knows how to kick)?

I'm not mad at Izzy. His leg found a home and NOTHING was being done to check it, or counter it. So if it's not broken, why fix it? Yoel on the other hand did fuck all again for the first half and barely landed the second. He wanted the belt so go out there and fucking take it.

Well, I mean, he did panic run.
yea i actually LOL'd at that, but he didnt trip or anything seemed like his head was clear.... Also jon did the same and won a round and fight, i think overeem only ran like that and got KTFO iirc

Weili and JJ had me so amped I wasn't sure how I'd sleep tonight.

This fight got me nice and sleepy afterwards so I guess I'm not that mad either.

Vegas fans are such airheads. The booing actually makes the viewing experience worse.

Sincere question: Have you ever been kicked in the leg before (by someone who knows how to kick)?
Yeah, but I'm not Yoel Romero. Wasn't it Whitaker who said that it hurts like hell to kick Romero? Romero was still moving fine, again, well enough to arguably win the final round. I prioritize Romero's striking as more effective. The effect was they were making Izzy literally run away.

Not mad at all. It was a good memorable fight. I expected Izzy to win with all those leg kicks, initating all the exchanges, slipping most of yoels few punches.

I'm more annoyed with the fans and Big Dan.

Fights are gonna play how they will. This is real, not scripted.

The truth is, this is how they match up. Different fights offer different looks. Could more have been done? Absolutely, but with Yoel's power and Izzy's countering ability, I'm not surprised and really not even that mad.

This was one for strategy, not non stop action.

Yeah and it helped the comain was amazing.

I enjoy high-stakes low-activity fights
They should make a bonus super-6th-round for fights with strikes totaling below a threshold though

Yeah, but I'm not Yoel Romero. Wasn't it Whitaker who said that it hurts like hell to kick Romero? Romero was still moving fine, again, well enough to arguably win the final round. I prioritize Romero's striking as more effective. The effect was they were making Izzy literally run away.
Addy was landing more clean shots though, and Bromero's leg buckled from the kicks several times. Even most of his overhands didn't land clean, Israel was never hurt, and having to move outta the way of the occasional warhead doesn't make Bromero's striking more effective.

As far as Addy running, Bromero stood and didn't do much, and the moment he moved forward he was eating a baseball bat to the leg that caused him to rethink

Yea, tbh I suspected it would go this way.

Izzy fought smart.
Yoel fought smart as well. Or was he supposed to gas himself out in the first round? My point is, no matter how you look at it, both fighters fought safe and boring.

Back