Anyone else concerned by the fact that Tony's still on the roster?

If Dana cuts him, Tony is going to sign with a different promotion. What else can he do?

I'd be more concerned with what he's gonna do with himself when he can't fight anymore. Meaning I would be, If I were concerned, which I'm not. Maybe people should get off his balls and let a ninja live. It's his cte and you can't have any, go get your own.

Give him someone like Clay Guida to try and snap his streak. His legacy shouldn't be the guy with the longest losing streak, but if they are keeping him around they need to at least give him the best chance to end it by giving him someone just as past their prime and isn't in the rankings.

How is Tony getting licensed to fight in the UFC again, that is the real question.

He clearly wants to go out with a win but I doubt he could even win against Diego Sanchez.

So, you expected the UFC to make a decision based on ethics and not money? You must not know much about the UFC.

Eh. The only lower quality guy he's lost to is Paddy. I'll be concerned when he loses to someone even worse.

Happy to see him fight one last time, maybe at 170 against a veteran like Matt Brown or Tim Means, and would love to see him go out with a W.

I'm more concerned for Max Holloway at UFC 300.

Huge Tony fan. I feel like the UFC never really gave him the push he deserved on his way up, and now they are going to give his name away ruthlessly on the way down. First UFC fighter with a double digit win streak AND a double digit losing streak.

Keep him under contract but don't offer him any fights so he can't go get his head pounded in by some regional jabroni

He still has substantial name value and therefore if the UFC cuts him I’m sure he’ll go fight elsewhere, likely for much less money and much more damage (frequent fights, less medical supervision, unfair matchups, etc).

So I guess the “lesser evil” is keeping him in the UFC, where he earns a lot more whilst fighting a lot less.

If he just did this, he'd be right back in title contention. Champ shit only!

tony-ferguson-ufc.gif

Mma fighters dont know when to quit and ufc loves old fighters being used as jobbers

i like that he’s on the roster. he can set the record for most losses and get a few bucks out of it. plus, what else is he gonna do? hate to say it, but slowly getting cte is preferable to the immediate murder suicide that would follow him getting cut from ufc.

I think they'll give him one more fight against an old legend.

To his credit, he's not getting completely dominated out there outside of Justin fight. He just looks like he's declined enough where's not UFC caliber anymore. Unfortunately, there's no real old legends at LW on the roster right now. Jiim Miller is the closest and he would destroy Ferguson.

Unless Tony wants to fight rookies and no ones, might be time to call it or try his luck in the PFL.

Back