*Aqua Punching Bag Thread*

Taskmaster99

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Here is my 12":

I actually purchased it through Amazon becuz I had a gift card. Shipping was very quick. The whole package was the bag, fill nozzle, instructions and metal hanger. I did not order the 35 dollar hanging kit because you can get chains and carabiners much cheaper from the hardware store.

Weight when filled: Roughly 35 pounds give or take

Setup: Fairly quick. The longest was getting an eye bolt into a beam on the ceiling. The nozzle provided filled the bag very quickly with some slight mess....lol.

Performance: Some swing but not as much as I expected. Feels way different than a rag filled heavy bag upon impact so it took some getting used to. Throwing an elbow on it didn't feel very good at all....lol. The only problem I had when it was filled to max, was at sometimes landing a solid punch on the knuckles. I took it down and let out some water and problem solved.

Overall I am very pleased with the purchase. So much that I just ordered another as I mentioned before. While it won't take the place of my heavy bag, it gives yet another training option.

Lets see the rest of you all and your bags!!!

Interesting to note Tuff End also makes different sizes, for example a 34 inch bag, that thing would be massive.

IMG_20150508_201334_zpsyk9kc2vx.jpg

My 12" Rival Aquabag. Pretty cool bag to use. Only wish the 15" was available at that time.

15%20Jun%20george%20gym%201_zpsiztbua9h.jpg

My 18" and 12" Aqua Bags, I also wish they had released the 15" prior, not because I dislike the 18" but rather it would be easier to set up and take down.

Filling the 18" was a mess, I did the 12" in the sink, so fair warning you can either not fill it to the max or be prepared for water to get on your floor. The filling nozzle attachment they provide is the biggest design flaw.

@TBK117

I would love the 18" but it's rated at 120 pounds and my bag stand only holds 100. I'm am wondering if it could handle those extra 20 pounds.

Punched one and at first I didn't like it because of the recoil/feedback, probably because it was filled to the max. Then after a while I guess water somehow started evaporating out of it and now it's much more enjoyable to hit.

@TBK117

I would love the 18" but it's rated at 120 pounds and my bag stand only holds 100. I'm am wondering if it could handle those extra 20 pounds.

That is a really good question, I have no idea but I do recall seeing an old video when searching for reviews that linked to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9wWjwzGWaI

at 1:10 you can see the only person who could generate any sort of meaningful force (still maybe not enough to let you know for sure) but if Im not mistaken thats the 21" model on a century stand (rated to 100lbs).

Obviously they are advertising the bag, we have no idea how long they left it up there or just did a review and took it down, etc. but I was surprised because like I said that looks like the 21"

Obviously they are advertising the bag, we have no idea how long they left it up there or just did a review and took it down, etc. but I was surprised because like I said that looks like the 21"

I think you're right. it does look like a 21" on a Century/Everlast stand. Hmmm......whats the worst that could happen? Lol. The stand could cave and then I would just have to purchase a better one. Gonna have to look into this. :D

I think you're right. it does look like a 21" on a Century/Everlast stand. Hmmm......whats the worst that could happen? Lol. The stand could cave and then I would just have to purchase a better one. Gonna have to look into this. :D

Worst part you end up with an Outslayer stand ;)....like a wise man told me once, "it's only money" lol

Worst part you end up with an Outslayer stand ;)....like a wise man told me once, "it's only money" lol

An Outslayer stand would go quite nicely with my Outslayer bag...lol.

I meant to ask you, how full is your Aqua?? I am finding that letting some water out makes for a better experience.

Not really a review, but I got to hit one of these at a gym in B**a and it was awesome.

It's definitely a different feel, but I liked it much more than those water core hybrid bags that Fighting Sports makes. I would take one of these over a wrecking ball any day. The advantage, IMO, is comfort. By the 3rd day of camp my hands were destroyed from mitt work (in part thanks to fighting sports gloves) and this made the bag work much more tolerable. Uppercuts are a dream, and there's no tweak that I get from the wrecking balls. Curved punches in general were fun on this bag. Hooks for me can be painful due to a shoulder injury, but this absorbed energy very well, and didn't fight bag like a regular bag. Proper form is key on these bags IMO

Straight punches are different on this. They are absorbed into the bag a bit more in my experience, so I had to remember to bring my punches back right away. There is very little movement, which IMO, is good for the light weight versions.

I think this bag is perfect for gyms because it compliments a traditional heavy bag, which is still necessary IMO to simulate movement and throwing from a less than advantageous positions. For home use, I definitely would pick this up. Perfect for a small space where you can't dance around too much.

Edit: formatting, spelling

An Outslayer stand would go quite nicely with my Outslayer bag...lol.

I meant to ask you, how full is your Aqua?? I am finding that letting some water out makes for a better experience.

Mine is not filled to the max. Was at one point but I guess sone water evaporated.

I havent filled mine to the max and it feels great like that. Any pros to having it filled all the way?

I figured having some room for the water to move around would help absorb the shock.

I havent filled mine to the max and it feels great like that. Any pros to having it filled all the way?

I figured having some room for the water to move around would help absorb the shock.

I like it better with a little less water. It does seem to absorb the shock better that way. Also when I had it maxed out, there were times when my fist would roll off on jabs and crosses. Now with it less......no more of that. I say try it both ways if you can and add it to your review. Would be very interested in your opinion on that.

I like it better with a little less water. It does seem to absorb the shock better that way. Also when I had it maxed out, there were times when my fist would roll off on jabs and crosses. Now with it less......no more of that. I say try it both ways if you can and add it to your review. Would be very interested in your opinion on that.
Yeah alright sounds good. Ill try it out soon and see how it feels

Back