Are you still going to consider Ngannou as the undisputed HW champ in MMA?

Are you still going to consider Ngannou as the undisputed HW champ in MMA?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Regardless who wins between Jones and Gane. Will you still feel like Ngannou is the baddest man on the planet?

I don't know, I'm not sure what to think right now. I guess it depends how things unfold. Say if he somehow boxed Fury and beats him, than I think he'll still be tagged as the baddest man on the planet.

What's your thoughts?

3d75a594-27a1-4c19-875a-8d7d4dc17b42%252FNGANNOU_FRANCIS_L_BELT_01-22.png

No, you have to defend the belt.

You can't hold onto the title and be eternal champion and continue to be given the benefit of the doubt. This takes away from the guys who are still competing. You're still the best? Prove it. Your question is actually much similar to Khabib's case.

Whether you get beat, or relinquish your belt, the world goes on.

Francis is however, a bad mofo, no doubt. But other guys that are competing should be given the credit, if he's not.

If he fights and beats Fury though, then this is a completely different conversation.

Well he gave that up. Even if he deserves it, it doesn’t matter now, he chose lesser competition and different organization. I am not saying he was wrong in doing that, but I can’t consider him a champ when someone else becomes one. All else is speculation.

You can't hold onto the title and be eternal champion and continue to be given the benefit of the doubt. Your question is actually much similar to Khabib's case.

Francis is however, a bad mofo, no doubt. But other guys that are competing should be given the credit, if he's not.

If he fights and beats Fury though, then this is a completely different conversation.

Well put, true dat.

You can't hold onto the title and be eternal champion and continue to be given the benefit of the doubt. This takes away from the guys who are still competing. You're still the best? Prove it. Your question is actually much similar to Khabib's case.

He won't remain eternally. But as far as this upcoming fight goes, yes he is.

Eventually things will adjust like they did at LW.

^^^^^^^^This

For whatever reason, he decided not to defend his belt.

He won't remain eternally. But as far as this upcoming fight goes, yes he is.

Eventually things will adjust like they did at LW.

No, because each fight is different.

We don't know if he would have beaten Ciryl again or Jon. We can assume, but that's all it is. He has to prove it.

If he's crushing cans in MMA in the PFL or Bellator, no. If they find a way to get top level guys to an org, like what Strikeforce was able to do with their HW division before the Zuffa purchase, Yes. I doubt they'll be able to do it though.

Why wouldn't he be?

As far as I remember he beat Cyril Gane and was the undisputed HW champion when he left.
He's not for the same reason Jones isn't the LHW champ or why anyone who quits their job or retires would be considered not to have that job title anymore or when music artists give up their stage name to go into acting. He quit, he doesn't give a fuck about that UFC belt and probably would like to make a complete move to the next stage of his life.

No, because each fight is different.

We don't know if he would have beaten Ciryl again or Jon. We can assume, but that's all it is. He has to prove it.
Dude, if Ngannou stayed he wouldn't be fighting Gane again. Not in his next fight anyway.

Gane only got the title shot because the champ left. That's the only reason why.

So yes, Ngannou is still the baddest man. In most people's eyes anyway.

But sure, he isn't on paper.

Back