News Arman Tsarukyan and Diego Lopes UFC 300 pay has been withheld by NSAC following event-incidents

What's the procedure for that anyways?
If they decide they won't get paid, what's happening with the money?
Does the UFC just get to keep it? Does it go to the commission? Does it go to the fighters but then they are fined the total amount?

This is such a weird regulation. Of course fighters should be accountable for their actions, but any person can be persecuted if they commit a crime like let's say punch a stranger in the face.
If a carpenter punches someone in the face while on the job, how in the world would that make it possible for his employer to withhold his pay?
If the UFC fighters are indeed contractors from a legal standpoint, how the flip is it possible that a third party steps between the parties of the contract and stops a payment for a service that has very clearly taken place as contractually agreed upon..

they penalized Yoel for the same thing after he KO'd Weidman and marched around the cage in victory.
buncha fucking sticks in the mud. there was no harm, no foul by Yoel or Diego. i really dont see what the big deal is. the violation was probably made by some do-nothing suit anyway.
I mean

if they tell you not to do it, and you do it....

I can understand for safety reasons why they dont like guys doing it. It seems though that it happens on ever fucking card so its weird.

arman is screwed. Possible suspension would cost him his title shot this year.

I hope he only gets fined. But running over and punching a fan in the audience is pretty serious lol.
I'd be surprised if they suspended him. Def fineworthy though and strict warning. The issue also is he was completley unrepentant and I know the UFC dont like that.

I mean

I can understand for safety reasons why they dont like guys doing it. It seems though that it happens on ever fucking card so its weird.
Safety reasons? i dont know how Diego looked unsafe doing what he did, or Yoel.
now an incident like what happened when Khabib jumped the cage, i can understand. he attacked people.

I'd be surprised if they suspended him. Def fineworthy though and strict warning. The issue also is he was completley unrepentant and I know the UFC dont like that.
Didn’t the fan himself said at some point he didn’t get punched for real, just a “pretend punch” to scare him? I think there was a thread about it.

Neither one should have their check withheld, but Lopes getting his held back is ridiculous. Even Pink Goof was perfectly okay with him coming over and speaking to him, though he probably didn't understand what Diego was saying.

I mean

I remember watching a backstage vlog from a fighter and one of those commission guys with a coat on were telling the fighter in the locker room before the fight "please don't get on the cage after the fight I'll lose my job!"

Obviously I don't think he actually meant he'd lose his job but it seems to be a very serious thing for them

Safety reasons? i dont know how Diego looked unsafe doing what he did, or Yoel.
now an incident like what happened when Khabib jumped the cage, i can understand. he attacked people.
Safety reasons, meaning someone can fall and get injured, someone can get attacked. The Security are responsible for these guys and it makes it very hard for them to do their job. Im not saying he did anything wrong but they dont want guys doing that JUST IN CASE. Its a security thing.

I remember watching a backstage vlog from a fighter and one of those commission guys with a coat on were telling the fighter in the locker room before the fight "please don't get on the cage after the fight I'll lose my job!"

Obviously I don't think he actually meant he'd lose his job but it seems to be a very serious thing for them
Yeah man you see these security guys having to chase after these guys. Its a huge clusterfuck.

Didn’t the fan himself said at some point he didn’t get punched for real, just a “pretend punch” to scare him? I think there was a thread about it.
It doesnt matter even if.

He threw a punch at the guy and everyone thinks the guy punches fans now. It will still look like such behavior goes unpunished. Some other guys will be like shit we can do that now?? The guy could have sued him off that pretend punch, so the point is moot.

Concern over Jumping off the cage may hurt someone??? did they not JUST watch what happened to poor jim?? lol tf

They will probably keep Arman's money. It's not like the fan spit on him or tried to hit him first. You can't punch someone for showing you the finger as a professional fighter especially in the U.S

What's the procedure for that anyways?
If they decide they won't get paid, what's happening with the money?
Does the UFC just get to keep it? Does it go to the commission? Does it go to the fighters but then they are fined the total amount?

This is such a weird regulation. Of course fighters should be accountable for their actions, but any person can be persecuted if they commit a crime like let's say punch a stranger in the face.
If a carpenter punches someone in the face while on the job, how in the world would that make it possible for his employer to withhold his pay?
If the UFC fighters are indeed contractors from a legal standpoint, how the flip is it possible that a third party steps between the parties of the contract and stops a payment for a service that has very clearly taken place as contractually agreed upon..

It is quite simple as explained by the official government policy here https://boxing.nv.gov/about/Commission/

You see there is a Commission of members appointed by the Governor of Nevada that is run by a Chairman appointed by the Governor of Nevada and to keep them all honest is operated by an Executive Director appointed by, guess who?, the Governor of Nevada. So with all this division of power and checks and balances established by this commission system corruption is essentially impossible.

Reactions: HHJ
It doesnt matter even if.

He threw a punch at the guy and everyone thinks the guy punches fans now. It will still look like such behavior goes unpunished. Some other guys will be like shit we can do that now?? The guy could have sued him off that pretend punch, so the point is moot.
I guess that is fair. Still, if he actually punched and hurt the guy, the consequences would be pretty severe, with him probably getting cut.

I guess that is fair. Still, if he actually punched and hurt the guy, the consequences would be pretty severe, with him probably getting cut.
It would be bad, for sure. These people paid their money to be there, it would really be bad for the rep to allow fighters to punch fans on the way to the ring.

Well I can understand them trying to keep control of fighters. Can't allow them to willy nilly jump the cage as they please. Could get hurt, could do a Flying Eagle or whatever. Fighters are told to not even get up and sit on the cage much less jump over it.

One of those things where it makes sense to technically have a rule in place, but not enforce it when no additional harm is done.

I hope he only gets fined. But running over and punching a fan in the audience is pretty serious lol.
It should depend on the fan getting punched, and Suckerburg was there.​
Head-pooping can't be far away after thefts like that.​

Back