News Arman Tsarukyan and Diego Lopes UFC 300 pay has been withheld by NSAC following event-incidents

What's the procedure for that anyways?
If they decide they won't get paid, what's happening with the money?
Does the UFC just get to keep it? Does it go to the commission? Does it go to the fighters but then they are fined the total amount?

IIRC, UFC pays all the purses upfront into an escrow account controlled by the commission. After the fights are completed, the commissions distribute the pay. There's most likely something in the contracts or licenses where fighters agree to the fee structure of whatever commission is sanctioning the card, and I believe any fines go directly to the commissions.

Arman Tsarukyan is legit the most unlikeable person to have ever lived and should have all his pay given to the fan he assaulted and then cut from the UFC forever and his win overturned to a loss to Charles so Charles wins and gets an immediate title shot and redemption.

This would only be the start of his punishment tbh.

Username checks out.

Arman Tsarukyan is legit the most unlikeable person to have ever lived and should have all his pay given to the fan he assaulted and then cut from the UFC forever and his win overturned to a loss to Charles so Charles wins and gets an immediate title shot and redemption.

This would only be the start of his punishment tbh
Nah he is so likeable because of beating the overrated brazilian

Hopefully when they both are found guilty of their wrongdoings Dana gets to keep their paycheck for himself.

Diego could have easily injured the poor man when he hopped the cage like a savage
Agreed.

The potential loss of paychecks is very tragic for these fighters but if Dana gets the money then all is good.

It doesnt matter even if.

He threw a punch at the guy and everyone thinks the guy punches fans now. It will still look like such behavior goes unpunished. Some other guys will be like shit we can do that now?? The guy could have sued him off that pretend punch, so the point is moot.
So now we sue for "fake punching", lol bro, its a bit too much. Lets chill, no one got hurt, life goes on. Lets not forget, its hard earned cash we are talking about

So now we sue for "fake punching", lol bro, its a bit too much. Lets chill, no one got hurt, life goes on. Lets not forget, its hard earned cash we are talking about
I mean I don't care. Just sayin they gonna do something about that

I mean I don't care. Just sayin they gonna do something about that
NSAC decided to withhold 20% of Arman's pay (31,600) and it's rumoured he's also going to get a 6 month suspension.

What's the procedure for that anyways?
If they decide they won't get paid, what's happening with the money?
Does the UFC just get to keep it? Does it go to the commission? Does it go to the fighters but then they are fined the total amount?

This is such a weird regulation. Of course fighters should be accountable for their actions, but any person can be persecuted if they commit a crime like let's say punch a stranger in the face.
If a carpenter punches someone in the face while on the job, how in the world would that make it possible for his employer to withhold his pay?
If the UFC fighters are indeed contractors from a legal standpoint, how the flip is it possible that a third party steps between the parties of the contract and stops a payment for a service that has very clearly taken place as contractually agreed upon..
It’s called “breaking the rules laid out in that contract you’re talking about. Are you serious?

Obviously the two incidents are completely different. And that is why they hold a hearing for each fighter. The commission decides what if any sanctions will be levied. And as the commissions always handle things like this the same way. What’s the issue?

Does the UFC keep the money?

1714522861023.gif

Absolutely, this sets a very dangerous precedent. That was the most exciting thing Arman has ever done in his career and should be rewarded for setting the standard that it is not acceptable to f with professional fighters in any circumstances without consequence.

I'll never forget when some POS, to put it nicely, in the audience stole one of Zombie's gloves out of his hand as he was walking back from his retirement fight and how he talked about how much that ruined what should have been a completely surreal experience for him. That mf'er should have never been allowed to get out of that arena with that glove or two functional knees.

"I don't remember pay ever being held up afterwards"

I hope that is not your IG account, because it is sad to share a post here from someone that has only been following MMA for a couple years. UFC 229 was not that long ago and also the most watched UFC fight in history after which NSAC famously withheld Khabib's purse.

I don't think it was for jumping the fence exactly.

Kinda like saying someone got busted for jay walking, when it was on the way to a hold up.

Arman def needs to face a suspension and pay a hefty fan for putting his hands on a guy in the crowd. That’s the most unprofessional shit I have seen in a long time since khabib leaping out of the cage to attack that can Dannis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back