Arman Tsarukyan: "Islam would dominate Dustin"

Pat Cummins runs through UFC fighters in the gym like nothing. Trust me bro, he is gonna be a star.

Islam has gone 9-1 in the UFC.

Pat Cummins had 4 fights on the regional scene and went 6-7 in one of the thinnest divisions.

It should be pretty well accepted at this point in time that Islam is one of the best lightweights in the world. We don't know if he can beat everybody in the top 10, but he would be an enormous betting favorite over 80 of the 90 guys currently signed to the UFC lightweight division.

Islam has gone 9-1 in the UFC.

Pat Cummins had 4 fights on the regional scene and went 6-7 in one of the thinnest divisions.

It should be pretty well accepted at this point in time that Islam is one of the best lightweights in the world. We don't know if he can beat everybody in the top 10, but he would be an enormous betting favorite over 80 of the 90 guys currently signed to the UFC lightweight division.
RDA is a -450 underdog to Islam, I’d venture to say Islam would be favored against every single LW including Dustin and Olives. Before people jump down my throat that doesn’t mean he beats them all, but he’d be the comfortable betting favorite most likely

Sick of the Islam hype but it is probably true. He looked good technically everywhere. He doesn't have Khabib's chin though so that's a weakness any striker can take advantage of.

RDA a tougher matchup for him than Dustin. You look at Dustin's record he has not fought many grapplers.

So because this guy said Islam is better, that's proof to you even though he has never fought a top 5 yet? Honestly, I might even pick Islam against Dustin, but he hasn't proven anything yet, and now he's fighting RDA who shouldn't even be ranked at 155. I just want to see Islam in there against a top 155.
The fake rankings don't matter that much, Islam has won eight in a row with some good finishes and has clearly proven himself to be an elite fighter. Darren Till said it best

Last edited:
The fake rankings don't matter that much, Islam has won eight in a row with some good finishes and has clearly proven himself t be an elite fighter. Darren Till said it best

I agree he is an elite fighter, but there is definitely a huge question about how good he really is... he has never fought another elite guy

Do you really think you're more qualified to determine whether he's on Dustin's level than a guy who's actually fought Islam and trains with Dustin? Lmao.

bmtt5.gif

as somebody who has personally done this after a match, people absolutely overrate or otherwise build up people that beat them as a coping mechanism.

yup, anybody can get flash KO's, especially early in your career. I think Rafael Fiziev got KO'd his first fight as well.

He got brutally kod just like 3-4 fights ago. Unless you mean his first UFC fight...

It will probably be worse because Khabib beat RDA in his prime, now RDA is just a gatekeeper the UFC uses to push guys like Islam.

Yes, Islam is well positioned. All/most of the top guys are very shop worn (Poirier, Gaethje, Chandler, Oliviera, Ferg, RDA), been through several wars themselves. Wars are good because they build experience/confidence, but also take a toll. Islam has zero wars so far.

What a hot take

Back