Article about ESPN+ low PPV numbers

A link?

giphy.gif

Hell, I don't even bother with free streams anymore, let alone jumping through internet hoops to pay for the shit.

I don't think I could possibly be less interested in the sport than I have been lately; I barely remember to check the PBP the next day. I find myself posting on here out of habit more than anything else.

Hell, I don't even bother with free streams anymore, let alone jumping through internet hoops to pay for the shit.

I don't think I could possibly be less interested in the sport than I have been lately; I barely remember to check the PBP the next day. I find myself posting on here out of habit more than anything else.

I only ever watch if I hear about some big ko or crazy sub. I haven't sat down and watched more than one full fight more than once a month maybe, for maybe a decade. I got back into boxing, both actually boxing and collecting fights again in like 2009, so that's when it started. The lay and pray killed it, then the fucking drug shit seemed to begin hammering many a nail.

Im sure they had to pay a large percentage to different companies when the PPV was on cable etc.. The espn app is still buggy.

I only ever watch if I hear about some big ko or crazy sub. I haven't sat down and watched more than one full fight more than once a month maybe, for maybe a decade. I got back into boxing, both actually boxing and collecting fights again in like 2009, so that's when it started. The lay and pray killed it, then the fucking drug shit seemed to begin hammering many a nail.

I went back to school full-time for my Master's (data science). Between work (IT project manager), school, domestic life, and actual hobbies, I barely have time to pay attention to anything.

They need a must see fight to get people to subscribe. No one but hardcores are going to sign up for Holloway/Porier. This is where they need to throw money at Conor.

I love mma. Love the fights. But will not pay for espn+

Really hope the fighters could just band together and create a union / leave to bellator and end UFC all together
They get peanuts compared to what they bring in and should earn.

Taking out sponsorships Was the biggest load of bullshit to the fighters

I liked it better when PPV was on Cable. The internet streaming through ESPN, DAZN, etc. freezes, stutters, takes a few then pops back. Then I have to go through hooking up my computer to the TV through an HDMI cable.

Gayer than two boys in bed together.

It seems like Dana did this on purpose so maybe the Fertittas can buy this company back after the value gets cut to about 1 billion. ESPN sucks,and the PPV model sucks . Something smells fishy.

Thanks for the link but you gotta put a bit more info in OP mate, mawfuckas on here need details

do everyone (including yourself) a favor and stop posting.

What is the point of being on an MMA forum to talk about fights when you don't even watch fights?

The lay and pray era is sort of over. It seems like everyone's grappling has gotten better to where you don't see that nearly as often as you used to. Its amazing to me how many fights are purely on the feet with exciting striking nowadays.

This is like when you tell your grandpa about a new technology being the future. Then he goes all in on it, gets rid of a bunch of old stuff that worked fine, and gets annoyed at the new product.

"The future, grandpa. Not right now. And with caveats."

UFC + streaming = grandpa being weird.

This for the mystic one too

too many cards

1/2 good fights

tailoring for the US like they are growing forgetting about everywhere else

death to the ufc!
mystic UL will stand correct by 2022

ESPN+ thing was a bad idea. Even the shill employees and announcers couldn't fully hide it when they were talking about the show switching over to.. Wtevr espn+ is.. A way to rip off mma fan?

It's the espn deal. The "deal" should have been "espn."

ESPN+ killed it for me. They're gonna lose money on this espn deal. There's no way this works out better than fox for them. If they were on big espn, ok. I get it. Espn+? Not so much. They belong on network tv, not a paid subscription streaming service.

Hell, if they were gonna do that, they could've just done a ufc streaming service on the ufc app and kept all the money for themselves.

ESPN+ killed it for me. They're gonna lose money on this espn deal. There's no way this works out better than fox for them. If they were on big espn, ok. I get it. Espn+? Not so much. They belong on network tv, not a paid subscription streaming service.

Hell, if they were gonna do that, they could've just done a ufc streaming service on the ufc app and kept all the money for themselves.
It’s a short term money grab that will make them a ton of money if what’s being reported is true but what happens down the road? How do you expand your fan base on a paid streaming service?

Back