Aspinall should change tactics with Jones.

Resumes are for people who don’t actually watch the fights. I’m informed. I honestly couldn’t care less about what the casuals think - I care about validity.

For me, Jon has no claim to being the goat from what I’ve seen inside and outside the cage. His performances once they stopped his cheating have been sub par at best - lost against Reyes and struggled vs Santos and OSP since they forced him to close his hands. He’s a phoney. Very good fighter obviously, not the greatest of all time though, no where near.

For others he is considered the GOAT and his resume is actually one of the best on paper. He passed 90% of his tests and unlike Overeem did not puff up into the green giant.

He losses some points for his extra-curricular activities but he has been and is one of the best UFC fighters to step into the cage. Good fighter he is not, he is a great fighter. To me his indeed one of the GOATS, no one was better in their prime outside of Fedor IMO.

His performances began to dwindle when he broke his toe against Chael and lost a considerable amount of movement and when he slowed down as a fighter. Yet he still was able to beat fighters without even needing his bread and butter wrestling pedigree to win fights. He beat better kickboxers in kickboxing by being clever.

I respect that and no one did it better. In Jones prime he was a monster and his wrestling was a treat to watch, especially when he supplexed fighters in the ring.

Last edited:
"You're only as good as your last fight" is a lot better metric to use than "he defended the title 3 times 15 years ago"

Nobody has said resume doesn't matter at all, but it certainly isn't as important as relevancy and what you are doing in the sport currently.

Tom Aspinall has beaten 4 of the CURRENT top 10 heavyweights in 8 minutes combined. He is the CURRENT interim HW champion.

Stipe has a lot of good wins, yet he has only beaten a single fighter that is still active in the UFC and it's 45 year old Arlovski. That win came all the way back in 2016. Yes he beat Cormier, but DC has been retired for 4 whole years. He beat Francis 5 years ago, JDS 7 years ago, Reem 8 years ago. Great wins sure, but they don't earn you a world title fight today. We are coming up on half a decade since Stipe did anything besides getting KTFO in the sport.

Again, if past accomplishments grant you title fight opportunities now then let's dust off Dan Severn.
Dude I'm not trying to argue that Stipe deserves a title shot based on past accomplishments. I'm not arguing that Tom shouldn't be the guy that Jon fights next. What I'm trying to get across is that all Jon cares about is achievement hunting, he doesn't give a shit if Stipe hasn't fought in years or that him vs Alex makes literally no sense right now. We all know that Tom is the better win out of the both of them but Jon literally does not care because he's only fighting for his ego at this point and in his mind Tom is beneath him. Jon is a narcissist and the only way he's ever going to look at Tom as someone that's "worthy" is for him to clean out the division and become a threat to his ego.

Beating 44 yrs old Stipe and then having a Stipe win on your resume is bogus. It implies that you didn’t beat a fossilised version of that fighter. Sure the casuals might think it’s impressive, but for those that actually know it’s not a big deal. Waiting ten years to move up then doing so once Francis left is more indicative of the guys mindset, and then once he moved up he ducked all the best HW’s at the time. He must be pretty pissed that Aspinall exists to give us all an argument against his GOAT claims, what better way to prove us wrong than fighting Tom Aspinall the current interim champ, but wait, Pereira is a better fight! Former middleweight Alex Pereira is a better fight. For errr Jon’s Legacy!
Like I said Jon is only fighting for his ego and achievements at this point. It literally does not matter to him that Tom is the fight that makes the most sense and is the better win because in his mind Tom is beneath him. The only way he's ever going to take an interest in Tom is for him to clean house...

He should stop chasing Jones who is never going to accept the fight because he doesn't feel that it is a worthwhile risk. Just get on social media and get on the phone to Dana and take as many fights as possible and win as devastatingly as possible. You don't need to beat Jones to outrank him, just outwork him and outperform him

What you are suggesting didn’t work out for Izzy, who had a better build up and did it for years

Aspinall is too strong and fast for JJ and probably JJ knows it. I think he should wait on the bench until JJ finished his time and ritires. JJ can duck tom for one fight but he cannot duck him forever.

Tom is approaching Jon Jones in all the wrong ways, IMO. While he plays the “Respect” card, Jon goes out of his way to diminish Tom as a fighter, a draw, and a Champion.
I’m typically against trash talk when used to drum up artificial interest, but I feel that Tom should ramp up the attacks on Jon as a shit person, a steroid cheat, and as a Champion that is ducking the Interim Champ of his division as well as Ngannou.
What do you guys think? If he starts to lay into Jon, would that create more interest from the public and thus, put some pressure on him to fight Tom? Would it make you guys more interested in the matchup?
Cause as it stands right now, John will be fighting Stipe, Alex, and probably Izzy for the undisputed title at HW while Tom fights all the real contenders and remains the Interim Champ.
Definitely, everything that Tom would be saying about Jon would be true too. I'd even go as far as saying Jon is a homo and a women beater (fuck Jones). However, Tom would say he's not that kind of person that shit talks when in reality it would only be stating facts about Jones.

That might piss Dana off. You know how he gargles with Jones nuts, on the daily.

Might not be worth it to Aspinall, considering the circumstances.

Dana’s made his opinion known.
Dana actually use to hate Jones as seen through the text messages that were leaked. I don't think Dan's would care too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
Definitely, everything that Tom would be saying about Jon would be true too. I'd even go as far as saying Jon is a homo and a women beater (fuck Jones). However, Tom would say he's not that kind of person that shit talks when in reality it would only be stating facts about Jones.
Tom would get cancelled (again, but successfully this time) if he went the "Jones is gay" route though.

Even of it is true, that would be the one thing he would be wise to stay away from. Just focus on him being a duck and a wife beater, drug cheat, eyepoke cheat, recreational drug addict, drunk driver that runs from the scene of his crimes, etc, etc.

Tom would get cancelled (again, but successfully this time) if he went the "Jones is gay" route though.

Even of it is true, that would be the one thing he would be wise to stay away from. Just focus on him being a duck and a wife beater, drug cheat, eyepoke cheat, recreational drug addict, drunk driver that runs from the scene of his crimes, etc, etc.
I was more or less joking about the gay part, I just enjoy saying it. :p

Last edited:
Tom is approaching Jon Jones in all the wrong ways, IMO. While he plays the “Respect” card, Jon goes out of his way to diminish Tom as a fighter, a draw, and a Champion.
I’m typically against trash talk when used to drum up artificial interest, but I feel that Tom should ramp up the attacks on Jon as a shit person, a steroid cheat, and as a Champion that is ducking the Interim Champ of his division as well as Ngannou.
What do you guys think? If he starts to lay into Jon, would that create more interest from the public and thus, put some pressure on him to fight Tom? Would it make you guys more interested in the matchup?
Cause as it stands right now, John will be fighting Stipe, Alex, and probably Izzy for the undisputed title at HW while Tom fights all the real contenders and remains the Interim Champ.

Actually, I mean more, I think Tom should ignore Jones, treat him like a dead champion, like someone deceased. Totally ignore him and move on. Because Jones behaves as if he were indeed dead. So that's how Aspinall should treat him.
Aspinall should move on.

Furthermore, Jones doesn't deserve any respect, he's not only a criminal but also an eyepoker in fights.

Others have tried that and they have all failed

Yeah, Jon is pretty much a sociopath. Public opinion doesn't seem to make much of a difference to him ever since he got outed as a POS.

If anything, instead of trash talking maliciously, I might try to use trash talking to make him a laughing stock. Something that narcissists hate is being the butt of a joke. They hate being mocked.

I love how people keep acting like this is boxing and that Jones has the final say.

It's Dana who's treating Aspinall like shit, and there's really nothing that Aspinall can do besides keep his mouth shut unless he wants to piss Dana off and end up in Ngannou territory.

Worked out well for Ngannou in the end though, so I guess there is life after the UFC. Getting cut from the UFC can be a blessing if you're not one of Daddy Dana's boytoys.

I agree with TS, and I know others have tried getting under Jon's skin without success, but everyone's got a nerve or breaking point, it is just a matter of finding it. Being the good guy or nice guy won't get Tom anywhere except where he is right now.

Jon's a massive narcissist, should not be too hard to get him riled up. After all, he's given the entire world reasons time and time again acting like a degenerate. Tom would not be trash-talking at all though or playing the heel, he'd just be spitting facts.

Being nice or respectful towards someone who couldn't give a fuck about you is like trying to nail diahhrea to a wall. That applies universally towards both Dana and Jon.

“I’d like to defend the Interim title before I’m 42 years of age, but I guess that is how old you need to be to fight Jon”

“Jon is the interim fake Champion, I am the real Heavyweight Champion, Jon couldn’t even beat guys his size at 205”

Yes he needs to have a chip on his shoulder, the more “respect” we give Jon the more we actually solidify his altered world view in which he is above defending the belt against Tom. Or Tom turns into Conor trying to get the Aldo fight, it likely would make Dana happy who would then see a reason we need to get the fight made and actually put pressure on Jon to defend it against Tom.

Resumes are for people who don’t actually watch the fights. I’m informed. I honestly couldn’t care less about what the casuals think - I care about validity.

For me, Jon has no claim to being the goat from what I’ve seen inside and outside the cage. His performances once they stopped his cheating have been sub par at best - lost against Reyes and struggled vs Santos and OSP since they forced him to close his hands. He’s a phoney. Very good fighter obviously, not the greatest of all time though, no where near.
Jones is the MMA Floyd

No...Tom's problem is he is waiting and not fighting. He should fight 3 times this year. If Tom fights and keeps winning then he has some ground.

Back