At UFC 238, Tony Ferguson can become the lightweight GOAT

GleefulGlassCuscus-size_restricted.gif

Flawless technique

Even if Tony wins he's still behind Poirier and Khabib.

He’s greater than khabib
Finishing Tibau in a round>Decision win
Pettis >McGregor(pettis has way more wins at lightweight)
Barboza =barboza
Trujillo =Trujillo
2016RDA>2014RdA
Kevin Lee>one day notice AL, AL only had one day making this gatekeeper win weaker for khabib
Thompson >Healy
Castillo<Johnson
Lando is another win for Ferguson
Yves Edwards>Tavares and everyone else on Khabibs resume

Ferguson is clearly the greater lightweight and if he adds cerrone to his resume he stakes a claim for goat status
This has to be one of the most retarded posts ive read on sherdog. Literally changing history to support your argument. Lee is better than Al wat????

Like many I believe the winner of Khabib vs Ferguson is the best LW to have ever fought in MMA.

Well to be fair he became champ by beating a fellow top contender (at the time) for the interm belt while Khabib became "undisputed" Champ by beating a guy ranked out of the top 10 (at the time) on one days notice.

It kind of seems he has just as much claim to the title as Khabib does since he's never lost since and has beaten another top guy while Khabib has a title defence against a guy who somehow remained ranked 2nd despite being inactive for two years.

That guy has also managed to kill the championship lineage of 2 divisions titles by being stripped of them.

Sherdog is funny sometimes. Everyone agrees that the rankings are hogwash but then people will use the rankings in arguments when it fits their narrative

@2EZ
Lee is better then short notice AL

You don’t think one day notice AL=full camp al do you?

@2EZ
Lee is better then short notice AL

You don’t think one day notice AL=full camp al do you?
Short notice Al - Staph infection Lee..
<[analyzed}>
Lee has a horrendous gas tank even when cutting to 170..

He has to beat khabib.. their resumes are comparable..

Dominance vs finishes etc.. niether man has lost since they were supposed to fight and they are both riding incredible streaks.. they were supposed to fight for the belt but both got a belt under strange circumstances.. rankings wise tony beat the better guy.. who just to fuck things up has two losses to the guy khabib beat etc..

They must fight! The winner is this generations best lw.. possibly the best ever.. there are some highly decorated lw's though so cementing it by a couple of defenses wouldn't hurt..

He's arguably already ahead of Poirier and Khabib already based on wins.
If we're comparing records, maybe. But if we're comparing skill, I'm pretty sure Khabib and Poirier would both beat Ferguson. Tony is too sloppy standing to beat Poirier and his wrestling isnt good enough to beat Khabib.

Could he keep it up for 5 full rounds though? Against a guy who goes full throttle without an ounce of quit?
Ferguson is definitely more of a slow starter than a full throttle. I can't remember the last fight he won the first round. RDA probably? Ferguson is one of those guys who gradually turns up the heat while his opponents slow down.

If we're comparing records, maybe. But if we're comparing skill, I'm pretty sure Khabib and Poirier would both beat Ferguson. Tony is too sloppy standing to beat Poirier and his wrestling isnt good enough to beat Khabib.
100% how I feel.

No. He needs to beat the winner of Khabib vs Poirier.

Ferg vs. Khabib will determine LW GOAT...80% chance both win so we should be getting this fight Dec/Jan (Fifth times the charm)

Ferg has to beat Khabib to lay claim to LW GOAT.

Khabib has to beat Ferg to lay claim to LW GOAT.

Hopefully they both win their next fights and we finally get to see that fight.
Totally agree,
We already lost time with Conor.

Hope both wins their next fights and we all see the biggest LW fight of the history

Back