ATF Brace Rule

As a gun store owner and professional armorer, i get a chuckle every time some dude bitches about 'bull pup triggers are bad hurr hurr hurr'.
Less than 1/4 of my AR customers have any kind of custom or drop in trigger in their AR's. They are running stock Mil-spec triggers with mass produces springs. Actually had this argument this morning. I took an X95 off the wall, took my trigger puller and did 3 pulls at roughly 6lbs each time. Took a Daniel Defense DDM4V7 off the wall and did the same. 6lbs each pull. Then did a Delton at 8lbs, and an anderson at 6lbs.

Told the guy if he wasnt running over 100 bucks in trigger job he wouldnt be able to blind test a trigger pull anyway. much laughter was had.

The biggest problem with bullpup triggers isnt the weight, its the LOP. its not as adjustable as an Ar because the collapsible stock feature of an AR allows a person to configure the LOP to their preference on the fly. You're effectively stuck with the LOP on nearly bullpup on the market except the VHS (i refuse to call it a hellion) and that one has excessively long LOP anyway. AUG triggers have a bit of moosh in them stock, but the ONE thing it does well is trigger reset is extremely firm and consistent with a very smooth break, so stuff like bench shooting is actually very easy because once you get your shot off, its easy to 'pre stage' the trigger for follow up shots.

In case ya’ll are living under a rock. The new ruling was officially entered into the Federal Register on the 31st. So the 120 days is officially underway.

Many lawsuits being fired off. I’m still waiting on what my state is gonna do. Me thinks they are gonna screw us and not decide to until after the 120 days passes.

Thinking of going back to a shotgun and filing a Form 1 for a SBS. Scotty’s really are the ultimate HD weapon anyways.

Now watch them go after bullpups too. CiRcUmVeNtInG tHe NfA

As a gun store owner and professional armorer, i get a chuckle every time some dude bitches about 'bull pup triggers are bad hurr hurr hurr'.
Less than 1/4 of my AR customers have any kind of custom or drop in trigger in their AR's. They are running stock Mil-spec triggers with mass produces springs. Actually had this argument this morning. I took an X95 off the wall, took my trigger puller and did 3 pulls at roughly 6lbs each time. Took a Daniel Defense DDM4V7 off the wall and did the same. 6lbs each pull. Then did a Delton at 8lbs, and an anderson at 6lbs.

Told the guy if he wasnt running over 100 bucks in trigger job he wouldnt be able to blind test a trigger pull anyway. much laughter was had.

The biggest problem with bullpup triggers isnt the weight, its the LOP. its not as adjustable as an Ar because the collapsible stock feature of an AR allows a person to configure the LOP to their preference on the fly. You're effectively stuck with the LOP on nearly bullpup on the market except the VHS (i refuse to call it a hellion) and that one has excessively long LOP anyway. AUG triggers have a bit of moosh in them stock, but the ONE thing it does well is trigger reset is extremely firm and consistent with a very smooth break, so stuff like bench shooting is actually very easy because once you get your shot off, its easy to 'pre stage' the trigger for follow up shots.

I have an EPT trigger on my Poors State Armory. It’s perfectly adequate although it will eventually be upgraded prob to a LaRue. Needed to share this pic btw. Thank you for the opportunity.
80767909-6B76-409B-A318-F9D5F3CB895B.jpeg

I basically only use Geissele and Triggertech. All my triggers are right around or under 3 lbs. It's a pretty big difference.
as far as SELLING, im a pretty big Rise fan because the price point is low enough for most folks and 3.5lb pull is crisp for a drop in. I personally run the Geissele SD-E on all my stoner gats

it will eventually be upgraded prob to a LaRue.

I bought two LaRues cause they were on sale.......

They feel like cheap triggers. If it weren't for the fact they went into cheap Aero lowers I would've considered throwing them in the trash actually. Ordered to the spec of the action, they're also loose like they're wobbling on the pin internally. A stiffer spring on them helped, but overall kinda shitty..

That's coming from me, and I'm pretty negative, (so I'm told)..

RRA two stage feels better. That's what I used in my competition guns:

as far as SELLING, im a pretty big Rise fan because the price point is low enough for most folks and 3.5lb pull is crisp for a drop in. I personally run the Geissele SD-E on all my stoner gats

I always thought the Rock River 2-stage triggers were great value (i.e. ~$72.00 shipped).

So inspired by this thread I got the geissele sabra trigger for my tavor, I've yet to install it tho. But I also just got an AUG today, might just be first impressions but seems like the stock AUG trigger is miles above the stock Tavor trigger. For what it's worth, my tavor is the SAR, the old school one, without the railed handguard.

So inspired by this thread I got the geissele sabra trigger for my tavor, I've yet to install it tho. But I also just got an AUG today, might just be first impressions but seems like the stock AUG trigger is miles above the stock Tavor trigger. For what it's worth, my tavor is the SAR, the old school one, without the railed handguard.
AUG stock trigger?

<6>

Surprisingly, the best stock trigger IMO on a bullpup is the RDB.
Which Tavor do you have? The X95 stock trigger is/was much better than the SAR.

What's ya'll take on the new ATF brace ban?

Law Enforcement doesn't want to get in the predicament of telling someone to put their weapon down and they can't. If someone has a brace and I need them to put their weapon down, I think it is almost reasonable for them to get shot. It is like someone telling Edward Scissorhands to put down the scissors.

AUG stock trigger?

<6>

Surprisingly, the best stock trigger IMO on a bullpup is the RDB.
Which Tavor do you have? The X95 stock trigger is/was much better than the SAR.
Yeah I got the SAR, got it about 10 years ago.

The Geissele trigger pack and trigger bow are a huge improvement. Still not on par with a nice AR trigger, but nothing to complain about. Need to shoot my Tavor more.

The Geissele trigger pack and trigger bow are a huge improvement. Still not on par with a nice AR trigger, but nothing to complain about. Need to shoot my Tavor more.
Apparently the trigger pack is super easy to install, but the trigger bow is a pain in the ass.

Apparently the trigger pack is super easy to install, but the trigger bow is a pain in the ass.

Agreed. Not sure your tool situation, but after my first attempt I bought the wrench designed for the job. Bent whatever I tried to use and decided to drop the $15 or whatever.

I actually set my trigger a little too light perhaps. But taking it apart again isn't all that appealing. Still though, it's hardly and insurmountable task and the bow adds far more than just the pack.

Back