International Australia to Buy Nuclear Attack Submarine from US; France Furious Over Betrayal

How does Australia feel that former vice president Biden couldn't remember their presidents (?) name? But we want to sign some kind of deal... clown world...

Prime Minister

I think it's funny.

Prime Minister

I think it's funny.
it's hilarious but unintentionally... he's mailing it in 90% of the time... wonder how the media down under is reacting to that? probably aren't cause they have to stay in line, is my guess. Theres some Aussie "news" youtube channel that gets regularly recommended to me but they shit on Biden every time...

I was very surprised they've agreed to build nuclear subs in my backyard. Considering all the other nuclear proposals for SA have been squashed.
Fukushima is ancient history I guess.

I'm thinking this isn't really about subs. Judging by what Dutton said and China's reaction to this, I suspect Oz has agreed to allow US 'strategic bases' or possibly even nuclear launch sites in Australia...all to target China.

it's hilarious but unintentionally... he's mailing it in 90% of the time... wonder how the media down under is reacting to that? probably aren't cause they have to stay in line, is my guess. Theres some Aussie "news" youtube channel that gets regularly recommended to me but they shit on Biden every time...

Most news channels report it in bemusement. The US is the key ally to us, Biden is generally liked amongst mainstream media because he supports and promotes the alliance between the US and Australia while Trump was isolationist and only unwound the alliance.

Biden is therefore that friendly senile guy that we think is pretty okay. He's on 'our side' but try not to ask him too many questions, he gets confused easily.

I'm thinking this isn't really about subs. Judging by what Dutton said and China's reaction to this, I suspect Oz has agreed to allow US 'strategic bases' or possibly even nuclear launch sites in Australia...all to target China.

We already allow US strategic bases here. I don't believe there's a chance of any kind of nuclear weapon proliferation to Australia.

The French deal was looking shakey since day dot, but I thought it was locked in. I imagine some expensive exit costs.

I'm unsure how I feel about this as it would be the easiest start on an Australian nuclear program, not nukes but reactors.

Name a war America has won without the French?
WW2?

I'm surprised they've pushed it through unannounced. Haven't heard a peep about nuclear industry since Fukushima, and the plans for nuclear tracking and disposal here in SA went tits up as a consequence.
It's always been a very unpopular topic though, so are they just planning to build nuclear infrastructure here on the quiet? Like Pine Gap and JORN?

It does seem very left field.

There is a lot of unanswered questions. The French deal had loads of issues with services etc adding nuclear power will hardly reduce these issues.

What were your thoughts on Woomera for waste storage? I think it seems like a decent location but it's not like it's close to me

Damn, people get really pissy when you badmouth the French around here, don't they? lol

Damn, people get really pissy when you badmouth the French around here, don't they? lol

It just highlights how effective propaganda is.

The cheese eating surrender monkeys thing didn't really exist until France told the US the Iraq war was a very bad idea.

Totally right and still coping grief nearly 2 decades later.

It just highlights how effective propaganda is.

The cheese eating surrender monkeys thing didn't really exist until France told the US the Iraq war was a very bad idea.

Totally right and still coping grief nearly 2 decades later.
I thought it was from The Simpsons.

So anyone in the opening rounds doesn't count?

America joining the game in the final quarter and claiming a solo victory doesn't wash with anyone educated outside the USofA.
Anyone who participated in the opening rounds and gets occupied doesn't count. America joining in the final quarter? Lol. Keep trolling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back