Bakers Dozen MUSIC Game

Full disclosure

New guy started a whole new list of 7 and posted it instead of posting number 12, other guy kept it going, THEN 'one of the big dawgs' DID TOO! I flipped my BD shit, tried to start a new BD based on a technicality...We talked it out, adjusted and moved on.

I did delete parts of posts but no whole post was deleted in the making of this catastrophe. I chalk it up to poor reply skills *cough cough* for some and me being a douche. Nothing new to see here. Oh and @TARTARA was as classy as ever.
Q8XJCFV.gif

What the hell?! Why would you be sorry? lolllll...Nothing serious happened last night...

Don't take anything I'm doing seriously, ever. Unless it's bashing other douchers, or giving you praise- then I'm dead serious. This is the baker's dozen, the greatest Jukebox thread known to mankind!
This is the real problem ,
i end up "holding back"
a thread like this for almost one day !

My bad !

13 Songs Mentioning Celestial Objects in the Title

1. Neville Brothers - Yellow Moon
2. The Flaming Lips - Approaching Pavonis Mons By Balloon (Utopia Planitia)
3. Celtic Frost - Tristesse De La Lune
4. Tony Iommi - Black Oblivion
5. David Bowie - Life on Mars?
6. Prince & The Revolution - Under The Cherry Moon
7. Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
8. Fu Manchu - Saturn III
9. Desired - Shooting Star
10. Lou Reed - Satellite of Love
11. Gustav Holst - Uranus, the Magician
12. Converge - Hanging Moon
13. Incubus - Nebula

13 Songs That Tell Stories About Bad People Doing Bad Things, Without Excusing Or Glorifying Them (inspired by jon jones):

1. Bob Dylan - The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll
2. Primus - My Name Is Mud
3. Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown

13 Songs That Tell Stories About Bad People Doing Bad Things, Without Excusing Or Glorifying Them (inspired by jon jones):

4. Nick Cave - Stagger Lee

5. Warren Zevon - Mr. Bad Example

6. Slayer - Angel of Death

We could almost get to 13 with just versions of Stagger Lee

7. The Calamity Cubes - Ivan

8. Bob Dylan - Hurricane

8. Bob Dylan - Hurricane
9. Judas Priest - The Ripper

8. Bob Dylan - Hurricane
10. Siouxsie and the Banshees - Candyman

8. Bob Dylan - Hurricane
11. Eels - Bus Stop Boxer
*edited myself to #11

8. Bob Dylan - Hurricane
11. Eels - Bus Stop Boxer
12. The Drive-By Truckers - Cottonseed

We could almost get to 13 with just versions of Stagger Lee
Yes, it's such a versatile song.

Arose on account of a true story about the murder of Billy Lyons by 'Stag' Lee Shelton at Christmas 1895 in St. Louis. They were prominent business rivals with underworld ties. Got into a dispute at a bar. Lyons took Shelton's Stetson hat. Shelton shot Lyons, recovered his hat and left. Lyons died and Shelton was convicted of the murder in 1897. Later got paroled, sent back for assault & battery and died in prison. Cruel old Stagger Lee.

The crime quickly entered into American folklore and became the subject of song, as well as folktales and toasts. The song's title comes from Shelton's nickname—Stag Lee or Stack Lee. The name was quickly corrupted in the folk tradition; early versions were called "Stack-a-Lee" and "Stacker Lee"; "Stagolee" and "Stagger Lee" also became common. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stagger_Lee

First version I heard was an acoustic blues by Taj Mahal. Learned of the folklore in Greil Marcus' book Mystery Train. Notable variations by Sly Stone, reggae version by the Rulers where ole Stagger is the hero, and the Clash ('Wrong'Em Boyo'). Acoustic versions by folk & blues singers like Lloyd Price, Mississippi John Hurt, Bobby D. et. al. Profane versions by the Grateful Dead ('she shot him in the balls'), Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds and Josh Ritter ('Folk Bloodbath').

Love all the different versions.

Yes, it's such a versatile song.

Arose on account of a true story about the murder of Billy Lyons by 'Stag' Lee Shelton at Christmas 1895 in St. Louis. They were prominent business rivals with underworld ties. Got into a dispute at a bar. Lyons took Shelton's Stetson hat. Shelton shot Lyons, recovered his hat and left. Lyons died and Shelton was convicted of the murder in 1897. Later got paroled, sent back for assault & battery and died in prison. Cruel old Stagger Lee.

The crime quickly entered into American folklore and became the subject of song, as well as folktales and toasts. The song's title comes from Shelton's nickname—Stag Lee or Stack Lee. The name was quickly corrupted in the folk tradition; early versions were called "Stack-a-Lee" and "Stacker Lee"; "Stagolee" and "Stagger Lee" also became common. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stagger_Lee

First version I heard was an acoustic blues by Taj Mahal. Learned of the folklore in Greil Marcus' book Mystery Train. Notable variations by Sly Stone, reggae version by the Rulers where ole Stagger is the hero, and the Clash ('Wrong'Em Boyo'). Acoustic versions by folk & blues singers like Lloyd Price, Mississippi John Hurt, Bobby D. et. al. Profane versions by the Grateful Dead ('she shot him in the balls'), Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds and Josh Ritter ('Folk Bloodbath').

Love all the different versions.
Modern Life Is War do a great version of it

Back