Multiplatform BALDUR'S GATE III

Anyone know what this condition is? Jaheira looks fatigued all the time with some kind of icon floating above her head. I haven't hasted her and it doesn't appear to come from any items. It went away after a long rest, but after battle it came back.

Edit : Okay, found it. It's the concentration Hex. But I don't understand why it would look someone look in fatigued state.

View attachment 1003822
Jaheria needs to have someone cast Restore on her. See if Shadowheart can help

Jaheria needs to have someone cast Restore on her. See if Shadowheart can help
I just figured it out, kind of dumb of me but I mistook hex for a damage buff to cast on your ranger, but it should be a cast on the enemy to add necrotic damage to your attacks. But yeah, restore does remove hex, so that's another thing learned.

Speaking of Shadowheart, I'm kind of annoyed her portrait doesn't reflect her new look in act 3.

Last edited:
I just figured it out, kind of dumb of me but I mistook hex for a damage buff to cast on your ranger, but it should be a cast on the enemy to add necrotic damage to your attacks. But yeah, restore does remove hex, so that's another thing learned.

Speaking of Shadowheart, I'm kind of annoyed her portrait doesn't reflect her new look in act 3.
The other great thing about Restore is that you can use it on those permanent buffs that give you a lot of benefit that had some negative effect on your character. For instance the Thay quest that gives you the ability to summon 4 free ghouls but you have a -5 to Con placed on your character. Restore helps to remove that negative trait

Another productive day in Faerun. Saves Lord Ravengard from his watery coffin along with some Gondians. Told that Duergar Wulbren to kick rocks. Saved Volo from death, again. Retrieved the Counting house's money and got the Guildhall to side with me in the fight against the BBEG.

All i really have to do is collect the last netherstone from Gortash and face off against the BBEG.

Another day bossing it in Faerun!

Finished the game after 115 hours. That final Nethebrain fight was a pain in the ass. but i managed after a few tries. i did miss a few characters tho. wasnt able to get jaheira or minsc. nightsong disappeared after freeing her.

definitely gonna need a break after that one

Rogue Ranger will probably be the next build I go.
Astarion is thief/gloomstalker for me. It's very effective. He gets the most kills in my party for sure. Might switch to assassin/gloomstalker, because I'm not getting a lot out of the second bonus action. I know I could dual wield hand crossbows to get an extra ranged attack with it, but the longbows I have are much better than the hand crossbows I have.

Now after finishing the game, i could definitely see some of the Companions being used in a TT setting.

Astarion, Karlach, Wyll, and even Laezel all could make cameos in future campaigns

Man Act 3 is so massive with so much going on. Seems overwhelming honestly. Going to try and go after Orin but I think it might be to early. Might go back and try to deal with Shadowhearts stuff.

I feel the same way. 125 hours in my campaign and I've finished like 2 companion storylines this far. :sniper:

It's been good to concentrate on companion's stores as a lot of other stuff pops up during those quests. They seem to affect the main storyline choises too.

I was expecting act 3 to be a buggy mess as some people warned about it but I'm happy to say that I really haven't noticed anything significant as far as bugs go. It just runs heavier and I'm getting lag spikes here and there.

I feel the same way. 125 hours in my campaign and I've finished like 2 companion storylines this far. :sniper:

It's been good to concentrate on companion's stores as a lot of other stuff pops up during those quests. They seem to affect the main storyline choises too.

I was expecting act 3 to be a buggy mess as some people warned about it but I'm happy to say that I really haven't noticed anything significant as far as bugs go. It just runs heavier and I'm getting lag spikes here and there.

Ok I'm glad you said that because I do feel like I'm missing shit trying to focus on the main story lines instead of dealing with companion stuff first. I'm doing to do Shadowhearts stuff tonight and see how that goes.

Yea I expected the same thing from Act 3. Even when I started in Act 3 there was a weird graphical bug and some pop ins. That happened right away as I was walking down the main road and you encounter the first large steel soldier. After that though no other bugs have come up. There's so many NPCs though so I'm not surprised people experienced FPS drops in this Act.

So I played a couple times this week, against my better judgment. Both nights ended at midnight lol.

1st night meet up with the dude in the bar with the keg on his back. Of course it wasn't me he talked to. Oh no, it HAD to be Shadowheart. Needless to say battle commenced. Thankfully I had checked out his weaknesses beforehand. Unfortunately 90% of my damage was useless lol. Hell of a fight. Finally managed to get my character away from him and started in with the ice, fire, acid, and lightning arrows. Got them all in the 1st try.

2nd night I hit the healing house with Mr Scissorhands. They were freaking annoying, but once again got them in the 1st try.

Also hit up the hidden sanctuary of Selina (?), and knew taking the dagger was a bad idea. Didn't stop me lol. The three guardians were a bit of a pain in the ass, but once again killed them on the 1st try.

Think I'm over leveled at level 7 for the area (at least so far).

The kid in front of the healing house hates me. Not sure why, I didn't kill the brats parents.

I REALLY liked having the pixie in the lantern cuss me out at random times, but having to have the fucking thing equipped was pissing me off. As revenge for keeping the pixie in the lamp so long, she turned me into a clown. Little bitch.

It's those little things that are making me love this game so much.

So I played a couple times this week, against my better judgment. Both nights ended at midnight lol.

1st night meet up with the dude in the bar with the keg on his back. Of course it wasn't me he talked to. Oh no, it HAD to be Shadowheart. Needless to say battle commenced. Thankfully I had checked out his weaknesses beforehand. Unfortunately 90% of my damage was useless lol. Hell of a fight. Finally managed to get my character away from him and started in with the ice, fire, acid, and lightning arrows. Got them all in the 1st try.

2nd night I hit the healing house with Mr Scissorhands. They were freaking annoying, but once again got them in the 1st try.

Also hit up the hidden sanctuary of Selina (?), and knew taking the dagger was a bad idea. Didn't stop me lol. The three guardians were a bit of a pain in the ass, but once again killed them on the 1st try.

Think I'm over leveled at level 7 for the area (at least so far).

The kid in front of the healing house hates me. Not sure why, I didn't kill the brats parents.

I REALLY liked having the pixie in the lantern cuss me out at random times, but having to have the fucking thing equipped was pissing me off. As revenge for keeping the pixie in the lamp so long, she turned me into a clown. Little bitch.

It's those little things that are making me love this game so much.

I wondered what would happen if I went the other way with that pixie.

Ended up cheesing the final part of the shadowheart quest. I tried to aggro the women I talk to and she just kept letting me throw things at her.

Played a shit ton this weekend and realized I majorly fucked up.

I fixed the shadow curse too early.

I had 4 or 5 side quests that needed resolved before the battle at the tower, and a bunch of stuff I wanted to buy from the vendors there.

Jahiara may or may not have died during said battle.

She did.

DAMMIT!!!!!!

I do have a save from before finishing the Nightsong quest, but that would be a ton of real time lost.

Decisions, decisions...

I'm right before the final battle in act 3 and looked up quests I could've missed but seems like I'm basically done.

Loving the game but I just recently got so much great gear, weapons and armor. I hit level 12 probabyl haflway through act 3, but kinda bums me out I only get to play my fully geared out level 12 characters for a very small portion of the game and just a few battles.

Back