Multiplatform BALDUR'S GATE III

I don't have a paladin on my team so I wouldn't really know, although I have seen people raving about his abilities. I have Otto's dance as a scroll, but I paid no real attention to it, just thought it some joke spell. Gotta admit I've been pretty uncreative in fighting battles though, I'm mostly just doing straight forward damage. Haven't been really forced to find other ways in terms of lateral thinking. I'm gonna guess I'm not the only one hoarding special potions and scrolls for the 'special' battles and ending up never using 99% of them.

I think one of the biggest reasons Dance is so effective is because its a wisdom save, and most enemies dont have high wisdom. But its absolutely nuts to see Sarevok tap dancing for two turns while blow after blow of attacks with advantage rain down on his head.
And, yeah, dude. Pallies. With polearms. And polearm feat with Sentinel feat. Just insane front liner.

That bitch selling at the Tower cast that dance spell on me. Luckily nobody was around to hit me lol.

Pretty sure she was a harper and I'm going to regret killing her. But she started it.

Finally beat the game yesterday. Strong 5/5. Took me 157 hours which makes this a top 3 longest single player campaign ever for me (Elden Ring was around 160h, Divinity: OS2 took around 145h). In comparison: Mass Effect: Legendary Edition took me 99 hours.

Loved the ending even tho I felt the game became too easy during the last 20 hours (using balanced difficulty). Mixture of me learning to play better and my character's becoming OP. Next playthrough will definitely be with tactician difficulty.

Last edited:
Finally beat the game yesterday. Strong 5/5. Took me 157 hours which makes this a top 3 longest single player campaign ever for me (Elden Ring was around 160h, Divinity: OS2 took around 145h). In comparison: Mass Effect: Legendary Edition took me 99 hours.

Loved the ending even tho I felt the game became too easy during the last 20 hours (using balanced difficulty). Mixture of me learning to play better and my character's becoming OP. Next playthrough will definitely be with tactician difficulty.

Tactician difficulty is pretty hard. The whole last mission has no rest area or anything at the end. You have to do it all in one go. I liked it but felt like I was having to rest so much to make it through the game. Not doing it on my next playthrough I want to feel OP.

Tactician difficulty is pretty hard. The whole last mission has no rest area or anything at the end. You have to do it all in one go. I liked it but felt like I was having to rest so much to make it through the game. Not doing it on my next playthrough I want to feel OP.
what helped me was disregarding the fight and getting everyone to the portal. made it a whole lot easier.

alternatively, save the companions for that fight and focus on the dragon first.

OR, if you really wanna cheese/exploit the game just hit pause, change difficulties back and forth for HP reset. you dont gain your spell levels back but it does reset EVERYONES HP (including enemies)

what helped me was disregarding the fight and getting everyone to the portal. made it a whole lot easier.

alternatively, save the companions for that fight and focus on the dragon first.

OR, if you really wanna cheese/exploit the game just hit pause, change difficulties back and forth for HP reset. you dont gain your spell levels back but it does reset EVERYONES HP (including enemies)

Yea my issue was I had 3 people die and had no rez scrolls with me. I was able to rez one character with a scroll I found in the area when they are bombing you.

I then had to use two invis potions I had to get through to the portal and fight the last boss. I have no idea how you are supposed to summon your other people to help I never figured out how to do that.

Hit act 3 on Sunday. I've already been drug into a side quest involving a priest getting murdered, a clown, and a toy maker. These are the kind of things that have me over 160hrs into this game already.

I'm an addict.

is this game worth it? or is it just a forced bf relationship simulator talk fest? seen some clips here and there, but not sold. graphics look good though.

is this game worth it? or is it just a forced bf relationship simulator talk fest? seen some clips here and there, but not sold. graphics look good though.
It's basically a dating sim with magic. The combat and questlines really only exist as hurdles to overcome on your way to pound town.

Being serious, there are over 500 posts you could look at in this thread to see that most people think it's a fantastic game.

Hit act 3 on Sunday. I've already been drug into a side quest involving a priest getting murdered, a clown, and a toy maker. These are the kind of things that have me over 160hrs into this game already.

I'm an addict.
Do the clown quest, it’s awesome . Don’t forget to go to the circus either . You can get some awesome quests and items and further some of the quests your on

It's basically a dating sim with magic. The combat and questlines really only exist as hurdles to overcome on your way to pound town.

Being serious, there are over 500 posts you could look at in this thread to see that most people think it's a fantastic game.
nah ill just ask once. thanks!

Do the clown quest, it’s awesome . Don’t forget to go to the circus either . You can get some awesome quests and items and further some of the quests your on
Oh I've been to the circus. Had a nice chat with a displacer beast, a dinosaur looking thing, and Dibbles the clown.

I'm sure you know what came next.

Oh I've been to the circus. Had a nice chat with a displacer beast, a dinosaur looking thing, and Dibbles the clown.

I'm sure you know what came next.
Lol, my favorite quest is the circus one. Did you go and talk to to the genie at the spin wheel?? He’ll transport you to the wonderful world of Dino’s for a pretty epic weapon . Only if you have a high perception will catch him cheating the wheel

Lol, my favorite quest is the circus one. Did you go and talk to to the genie at the spin wheel?? He’ll transport you to the wonderful world of Dino’s for a pretty epic weapon . Only if you have a high perception will catch him cheating the wheel
Only spun the wheel once.

Got a plus 1 breast plate, for a child lol. I knew he was cheating, but my character's perception wasn't high enough. His insults cracked me up.

Only spun the wheel once.

Got a plus 1 breast plate, for a child lol. I knew he was cheating, but my character's perception wasn't high enough. His insults cracked me up.
You can cycle through all your characters till someone hits that perception roll. That weapon is top 3 imo . A trident that does lightning damage when thrown and automatically returns to players hand.
I had Astarion roll through and pickpocket the genie to win the “top prize” on the wheel. Genie gets mad and transports you to Dino world where the trident is

You can cycle through all your characters till someone hits that perception roll. That weapon is top 3 imo . A trident that does lightning damage when thrown and automatically returns to players hand.
I had Astarion roll through and pickpocket the genie to win the “top prize” on the wheel. Genie gets mad and transports you to Dino world where the trident is
I haven't used Astarion since Act 1 when I discovered I can pick locks and disarm traps lol (went the street wise Ranger route).

I really want to get more of the companions involved, especially now being close to the city, but I love my party's composition and balance.

I haven't used Astarion since Act 1 when I discovered I can pick locks and disarm traps lol (went the street wise Ranger route).

I really want to get more of the companions involved, especially now being close to the city, but I love my party's composition and balance.
I went all companions except for my Tav’s , they both been custom even my Durge play through. I just thoroughly enjoyed the party banter between different characters. Karlach is still my favorite companion, she’s just hilarious. She’s never left my party .

what composition you running for your party? I always enjoy seeing the many different load outs between people. As in no one plays the same way so those variations always intrigued me. It’s also what I enjoy about character creating in DND , I think one way and you think another way for a class

Back