Bambu Labs X1 Carbon new 3D printer is a game changer possibly?

On a side note there is a new textured plate being developed due to some issues with adhesion they are addressing from what I have seen online "You need to use a messy glue stick". It seems pretty fixable as my Makerbot Method X has adhesive stick on that has a slightly textured surface that works like a charm.

Well my bambu labs 3D printers arrived. They look amazing an the build of them is impressive.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...BWT84dy7zTN3zWEauvaNvDmvUl&id=100057236418560

full

Working good an really fast so far two things that take a little time is extruder cleaning an bed leveling but its about 5 to 7 times faster then my 3200 dollar Method X printer crazy. Right now just printing items recommended such as the rfid filament rolls that I am doing now.

After I know everything good on this one will build the second one.

full

The Bambu Labs printer is flying along.

full

Two color print test and running two units.

full

Worth buying?

Definitely the difference between current generation to these is huge. Haven't had much problems an being able to send a job to the printer directly from the desktop is another huge win.

No need to put in a raspberry pi running octoprint. Feature wise matches or exceeds my Makerbot Method X that I got a deal on for 2800 but usually well over 4000.

Speed forget it only CoreXY matches it but this is vastly better print quality. Check on YouTube people are mostly singing its praises.

I got tons of supplies on the way because I will be blasting through filament lol. Will not need much of my 70 dollar filament rolls for my Method X. It was like it was designed to compete the Method X an beat the Ultramaker an Method X.

Halloween going to be a blast with this printer especially color prints.

Last edited:
One more used Fusion 360 to design footing for my printer front legs. 10 mins from design to output for less then a 50 min print. Watching it run from the built in camera on my desktop using Bambu Studio.

Things are happening fast they will have an Amazon store very soon and Amazon could be carrying them soon to speed deliveries.

Here is my fast design an print footing for my 3D printer tabletop.
Worth buying?
Here is a write up about the 3D printer.

"
A pair of hot printers featured on Kickstarter, the Bambu Lab X1 and X1 Carbon, look to offer an intriguing 3D printing experience. Join us as we take a closer look at their tech-heavy specs.

Many 3D printers are pretty similar, a riff on an already popular design that doesn’t really offer anything hugely new or different. That can sometimes leave those of us experienced enough in printing a little underwhelmed with new releases and upcoming models. Occasionally though, something comes along that genuinely is different – something like the recently-Kickstarted Bambu Lab X1 and its Carbon edition sibling.

The X1 machines use a CoreXY motion system with a 256 mm³ build volume, artificial intelligence, lidar, a hot end that can hit 300 °C, and a clever multi-spool system that allows you to mix up colors and materials at will. It’s also fully enclosed, and despite some pretty interesting and innovative features, they aren’t shaping up to be horrendously priced either.

There’s actually quite a fair bit more tech to go over with this machine, and it’s got us a bit excited, to be honest, so let’s quit the chat and dive on in.

BAMBU LAB X1: SPECS, PRICE, RELEASE & REVIEWS
Features

BASICS AND BACKGROUND
According to its manufacturer, the Bambu Lab X1 is the result of 22 months of development and seven generations of prototyping. From its specs, it seems to be a 3D printer trying to do something a bit different in offering a number of features that are actually pretty uncommon.

With a 256 x 256 x 256 mm build volume and overall dimensions of 389 x 389 x 457 mm (without its automatic material system), it’s a relatively compact machine. Its build volume is slightly bigger than the average Ender 3 clone, but the amount of space it needs to work is a little less, as it isn’t a bed-slinging 3D printer. Instead, it uses a CoreXY motion system and direct extruder that promises plenty of speed and a hot end that can hit 300 °C. That means users should get plenty of opportunity to print with more exotic filaments, as well as the standard consumer batch of PLA, ABS, PETG, and TPU.

Bambu Lab offers an X1 and an X1 Carbon edition, a more upgraded machine. You can seemingly take your pick between them, but the good news is that Bambu Lab has designed the X1 to be upgradable into a Carbon edition, so the path is there should you wish to take it.

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
Yes, you read that right, the Bambu Lab X1 comes complete with AI. Using some of the tech listed below, the AI checks out the current print and should inform the user when something has gone pear-shaped. It features “spaghetti detection” (on the Carbon edition), which looks out for a totally wild and out-of-control print getting, well, wild and out of control, and it also inspects your first layer. If it’s too high or too low, the X1’s brain should notice and inform you via a notification.

LIDAR, BED LEVELING
The X1 uses a sophisticated dual-bed leveling system that makes use of two different sensors as well as an algorithm in order to try and nail the bed leveling. The first sensor is a lidar. According to Bambu Lab, it probes the nozzle height, assists with the first layer, and calibrates the flow of filament too. It will scan the bed before printing and has an accuracy of 7 microns.

Following this, the scan is crosschecked with information from an analog probe, which looks like a standard touch probe you’ll find on many budget 3D printers’ automatic bed leveling systems. Working together, the two sensors should provide users with an effortless, accurate bed leveling system and, in combination with the AI, detect any errors happening early on in the first layer.

AUTOMATIC MATERIAL SYSTEM
Bambu Lab’s automatic material system is an airtight box that sits on top of the X1 printer and has room for up to four different filaments or materials.

In tandem with the direct extruder, this allows for multi-material and multi-color prints. The box itself comes equipped with sensors to monitor the humidity and the amount of filament left, as well as a sensor to detect what that filament actually is – if it’s a Bambu Lab filament.

A setup like this should provide plenty of opportunity to experiment, and with one slot in the box occupied with a filament such as PVA for soluble supports, the ability to print more complex objects too.

https://all3dp.com/1/bambu-lab-x1-carbon-review-3d-printer-specs/

Great quote lol

"I got my printer yesterday and it's been printing Nerf Musket parts since. The setup and install was a bit easier than an HP Deskjet with no driver issues - little pull tapes and all. I've only used Cura before, so Bambu Studio is almost too easy. Final impression is this printer makes the rest of my print farm look like an 8th grade science project."

Back