Bambu Labs X1 Carbon new 3D printer is a game changer possibly?

I upgraded from a prusa mini+ to a bambu lab x1c and I absolutely love the thing.
Outside of being lazy and not drying out extremely hygroscopic filaments like carbon fiber nylon I've not had a single print fail, and the speed compared to the mini is night and day.
It's also so much less hassle to print with tpu, so I find myself messing around with squishy prints a lot more.

I do think the one to get now is the p1s, if that was available when I bought mine I don't know I would have been able to justify the price of the carbon.

I upgraded from a prusa mini+ to a bambu lab x1c and I absolutely love the thing.
Outside of being lazy and not drying out extremely hygroscopic filaments like carbon fiber nylon I've not had a single print fail, and the speed compared to the mini is night and day.
It's also so much less hassle to print with tpu, so I find myself messing around with squishy prints a lot more.

I do think the one to get now is the p1s, if that was available when I bought mine I don't know I would have been able to justify the price of the carbon.
Prusa is in big trouble their newest MK4's are not getting the same level of reviews as the MK3's and the AMS is really a somewhat reliable not perfect piece of hardware. The new Peopoly Magneto is insane uses mag-lev like technology to move the X axis around at insane speeds 800mm a second with 22,000 acceleration but really insane 30mm a second filament speed. I am on the fence as I am currently building a new garage for a work area but got me interested. All open source hardware and software too on the Magneto bed area is freaking huge. But right now the Bambu Lab printers are killing the market. On a side note head of Bambu Lab said a much larger printer is in the works. there is a big internal debate one do they just want to scale up the current X1 Carbon but they are leaning more to making a completely new machine. Meaning likely going IDEX with a large bed multi material support as well as 300C plus support on the extruder.

Last edited:
idex would be dope, but I doubt I could justify an upgrade for multi-material printing in my living room. And it's just a lot more that can go wrong and need servicing.
What I really want is a cheap, decent quality SLS printer. closest right now is probably still https://sintratec.com/sls-3d-printer/sintratec-kit/ and that's just a bit too much for me to go for it.

Reactions: PEB
idex would be dope, but I doubt I could justify an upgrade for multi-material printing in my living room. And it's just a lot more that can go wrong and need servicing.
What I really want is a cheap, decent quality SLS printer. closest right now is probably still https://sintratec.com/sls-3d-printer/sintratec-kit/ and that's just a bit too much for me to go for it.

Price for reasonable pro summer grade stuff is always in higher price points.

Peopoly 3D printer not a good video nothing being printed still interested.

I own the wildly overpriced Makerbot Method X but one really great thing I like about it because it is an IDEX and I use if to combine the washable material without the slowdown penalty of the X1C. It's much slower but when you transition to IDEX it still is a little faster.

Here you go dAfTiE lol.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vgDsyrHFKLI

OK what Sherdogger is this one? Lol

This is a unique deal especially with power backup. If I had the money currently I would be all over it.

"
affordably!
Get Startmmm...

Featured image of Bambu Lab and EcoFlow Joint Sale Offers Discounts on 3D Printers and Backup Power
Source: Bambu Lab
This article is free for you and free from outside influence. To keep things this way, we finance it through advertising, ad-free subscriptions, and shopping links. If you purchase using a shopping link, we may earn a commission. Learn more
Regularly Scheduled Printing

Bambu Lab and EcoFlow Joint Sale Offers Discounts on 3D Printers and Backup Power​

Picture ofShawn Frey
by Shawn Frey
Published Dec 5, 2023
A collaboration between Bambu Lab and EcoFlow sees 3D printers and backup power units with UPS/EPS features bundled at a discount.
ADVERTISEMENT

READ NEX
Bambu Lab and EcoFlow have teamed up to offer their products at a bundled discount until December 26, making a tempting package for reliable 3D printing – especially in communities with unreliable power grids.
The bundle is limited to the US and pairs the Bambu Lab P1S AMS combo with EcoFlow’s Delta 2 for $1,548, which ostensibly powers the printer for 8 hours and has a <30 ms EPS (Emergency Power Supply) rating “for uninterrupted productivity” (we have some thoughts on that below). With ongoing discounts for the Delta 2, that’s an additional discount of $100, or $400 off MSRP. Other available bundles include the Bambu Lab X1-Carbon AMS combo with the Delta 2 Max (<20 ms UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply)) for $2,898 or Delta Pro (<30 ms EPS) for $3,989.
Blackouts and brownouts have to be one of the most frustrating print-ruining issues there is. Depending on where you live and the integrity of your power grid, you may already experience regular power outages. A recent independent assessment has suggested that swaths of the US face an elevated risk of power outages during harsh winter weather conditions.
Power backups and UPSes, like the ones offered by EcoFlow, can help get your prints done despite a blackout – which could be crucial to the prosumers out there. But it’s important to note that EcoFlow’s portable backup batteries, though rated as UPS and EPS units, have a wide switching delay that may not stop your print from being interrupted entirely.

426331391_10227533094247776_8282952245271636798_n.jpg

The still unknown TedWok lol Bambu people be crazy.

3D printed guitar really works well apparently.

380803703_10159025076991148_4597817603941316675_n.jpg

420726286_7438241599541322_5259688744983516427_n.jpg

Photo of my workshop I am setting up with a nearly 7 foot by 4 foot CNC I am building for my shop.

My 24,000 rpm spindle I am working on with the Z axis to be mounted on a gantry.

422560109_7494066867292128_7876455640061965042_n.jpg

Back